Andro releases Rasanter R53

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Yeah i just two sheets from dandoy. Hope it is something special as andro claim.
should have said i only considered the german market.

Wouldn´t also be a first if an online distributor claimed something as "available" to provoke orders, i´ve no experience with dandoy but it happened on some other sites when evolution 50 was released and was exclusive for some days to one shop only ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Excellent rubber. Not as hard as 53 degree would make you expect, without the topsheet being extra soft - it really all is in the new Energy Cell sponge.

My first training session with it was with a pro player, who considered this new "from the shop" rubber better than his selected rubber. Well, that says a lot. Compared to the selected rubber, we found the spin to be higher from the R53 and the arc to be equal.

It should also be said that this rubber is clearly aimed at higher level players, which I am not. So while with the ultra-precise "into my racket" balls from my training partner made the R53 a real joy to play, in a game sitaution I´d probably find it a bit unforgiving. But I´ll find out how far it´ll take me, as it´ll stay on my blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hey Airoc,
Is it better than other hard esn rubbers like mxp50, joola rhyzer pro 50 ?
Excellent rubber. Not as hard as 53 degree would make you expect, without the topsheet being extra soft - it really all is in the new Energy Cell sponge.

My first training session with it was with a pro player, who considered this new "from the shop" rubber better than his selected rubber. Well, that says a lot. Compared to the selected rubber, we found the spin to be higher from the R53 and the arc to be equal.

It should also be said that this rubber is clearly aimed at higher level players, which I am not. So while with the ultra-precise "into my racket" balls from my training partner made the R53 a real joy to play, in a game sitaution I´d probably find it a bit unforgiving. But I´ll find out how far it´ll take me, as it´ll stay on my blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Hey Airoc,
Is it better than other hard esn rubbers like mxp50, joola rhyzer pro 50 ?

Well, it certainly feels better than any of the others I have tried. I couldn´t yet make a detailed comparison, and I consider those a bit useless anyway, since one might have played several rubbers on different blades over time. But I can surely remember the lasting impressions.

So if it helps, I thought that
- MX-P 50 was good, yet a little too direct for my liking, R53 gives better feedback on impact (and more spin)
- HYPE XT 50 was too hard/stiff overall, great rubber for speed, but for me too hard for first ball on underspin
- RHYZER pro 50 even harder than Hype, not a pleasure at all

However, for example I tried the Hype twice, the first rubber was even more difficult than what I said above, the second one was a little easier to play (hence my "average" description).

But I can surely tell you it has been a while since I fell in love with a rubber so much ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
So happy for you that you love this rubber.I currently am playing with mxp50 on Aruna Off blade. I love it to loop kill backspin balls due to the low throw with an open bat angle.

You think same things can be done if not better with the r53?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
So happy for you that you love this rubber.I currently am playing with mxp50 on Aruna Off blade. I love it to loop kill backspin balls due to the low throw with an open bat angle.

You think same things can be done if not better with the r53?

At least I don´t see why it wouldn´t work. It is more a question of technique than rubber anyway.

This user has no status.
Hi Airoc,

How does the rubber feel compared to the popular (forehand) rubbers: Andro Rasanter R47, Butterfly Tenergy 05 and Butterfly Tenergy 05 Hard?

At the moment, I'm using Andro Rasanter R47 and pretty satisfied with it. But I'm very curious how the Andro Rasanter R53 really feels like compared to the popular Andro Rasanter R47 rubber, does the R53 has more power?

The Andro stand at the German Open 2019 in Bremen also introduced the R53 rubber to me, but I didn't dare to purchase it, because the rubber was really new and unknown to me.

Thank you in advance for your response!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Hi Airoc,

How does the rubber feel compared to the popular (forehand) rubbers: Andro Rasanter R47, Butterfly Tenergy 05 and Butterfly Tenergy 05 Hard?

At the moment, I'm using Andro Rasanter R47 and pretty satisfied with it. But I'm very curious how the Andro Rasanter R53 really feels like compared to the popular Andro Rasanter R47 rubber, does the R53 has more power?

It does have a lot more power, to be activated by the player.

Yesterday I did a session with a fourth league player who wanted to test the rubber, and I saw what it does in his hands. So much power and speed generated by his arm.

When I play with it, it doesn´t even feel much faster than R47, just in the moment of ball contact on topspin you feel the ball much better and the rubber generates more spin.

And that said, it generates more spin than anything I have ever played and he said the same. His expression more than once during the practice was "this is the next level". The rubber really excels in spin on spin rallies or when taking over the opponents topspin with a counter topspin over the table, which he tried with his team mate. More common in their league than mine, but the few that I played in practice before have all landed on the table as well ;)

It´s not at all bouncy but never feels dead like other hard rubbers, it´s harder than R50 but I think the step from 47 to 50 is larger than that from 50 to 53, and I don´t think R47 players should shy away from the nominal 6 degree step. You will feel a difference, of course - if 47 degrees is the most you can bare with, than better stay with it.

As a lower league player, and preferring a fast blade, I surely would be better off with R47 in a game situation, where little things matter - especially leg work and ball contact. But I don´t play competition currently and so I can allow myself to enjoy this rubber as long as it lasts.

I dare to say, for the first time, that R53 generates more spin than t05, even if both are fully activated by a semi-pro player like the one I played with yesterday. More importantly, he and his team mate said the same.

So, this is no longer the alternative people are looking for, this is better.

Reactions: Dream2K and Wister
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
So, this is no longer the alternative people are looking for, this is better.

cache.php

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hi Guys,

I tried andro rasanter R53 on forehand of dhs w968 blade. Just loved it. It is very fast but great on blocks and playing short. And the rubber grips the ball so nicely as good if not better then tenergy 05. I can smell some king of booster.If the durability is good then this rubber is a big winner.

This user has no status.
I fear all these overly positive feedback will inflate my expectation, which will inevitably later lead to disappointment. What do they say? Happiness = Reality - Expectation.

We have come across many instances in the past where a newly released rubber was said to compete with T05 but still lacked in the spin department. I can't imagine R53 to be an exception at this point, at least to most of the amateurs who don't have the technique to generate immense with on a hard rubber at 53 degrees.

Only time will tell.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
It is a matter of style.If someone likes the ease of spin with tenergy 05 then they should for sure stick to that.There is no substitute in that department.But if you are used to a rubber like tenergy 05 hard then i think there is no need to spend money on tenergy 05 hard instead opt for rubbers like rasanter r53. If the durability is good then its big winner.
I fear all these overly positive feedback will inflate my expectation, which will inevitably later lead to disappointment. What do they say? Happiness = Reality - Expectation.

We have come across many instances in the past where a newly released rubber was said to compete with T05 but still lacked in the spin department. I can't imagine R53 to be an exception at this point, at least to most of the amateurs who don't have the technique to generate immense with on a hard rubber at 53 degrees.

Only time will tell.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
We have come across many instances in the past where a newly released rubber was said to compete with T05 but still lacked in the spin department.

Well, for me there is one big difference. I have never said that. And quite some pieces of rubber have passed through my hands ...

This of course is of no relevance to you, since you don´t know me.

It is of importance for friends in 4th league (semi-pro) who trust my expertise and agree after testing.

I fully understand your reservations. But, if this kind of rubber appeals to you in principal, you might really want to try it. ;)