benefits of playing with hurricane 3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
If H3 is not durable as ESN and other non tacky rubbers, I dunno what is durable for you.

A rubber that holds more than 1 week when playing a lot perhaps?
My friend changes his H3 every week, and his Tenergy every 4 weeks. He has practiced a lot in China, and the ones he has played with does the same.

Of course it depends how much you play; but saying that a H3 has more durability than ESN rubbers is, in my opinion, incorrect.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says regularly shitposting
says regularly shitposting
Jul 2019
My friend changes his H3 every week, and his Tenergy every 4 weeks. He has practiced a lot in China, and the ones he has played with does the same.

Of course it depends how much you play; but saying that a H3 has more durability than ESN rubbers is, in my opinion, incorrect.

I wonder if that depends on which his dominant side is, maybe he hits a lot more with his forehand H3 ( assumption) and less with the t64 leading to such a big difference ?

Are you comparing a forehand and a backhand rubber??? It seems he is using tenergy a backhand rubber and h3 as a forehand rubber which is a very poor comparison.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Are you comparing a forehand and a backhand rubber??? It seems he is using tenergy a backhand rubber and h3 as a forehand rubber which is a very poor comparison.

The state that his H3 is after 1-2 weeks is ridicilous, gonna try get a picture from him and I'll post it here.

Another comparison, that will most likely prove my point, is that when he played TO5H on FH; it lasted 4~ weeks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
He’s doing something wrong then.
Perhaps he is, or perhaps the other people saying that it has more durability is using it incorrectly.

For the record, he plays in the highest division in Sweden; and has been multiple times in China where, also, the people he has been practising with also changes their chinese rubber once every 1-2 weeks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Okay you have to know that the pros all change their rubbers at least once a week, many even earlier. But this is not needed for normal players. Pros earn their money with playing and they don’t have to pay for the rubbers. They change so that there’s not the slightest possibility that it could affect their game.
For the average Joe H3 is really durable.

Reactions: suds79
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
For the average Joe H3 is really durable.

Maybe you missed my point, and the above discussion, not sure. Konrad Bak stated that H3 is more durable than ESN rubbers, which is something I completetly disagree with. Hence why I used my friend as a perfect example, where his H3 lasts for 1-2 weeks and when he played with TO5H it lasted for 4~ weeks.

Edit: Tenergy is indeed not a ESN rubber, although my point stays the same. (When he played with MXP it held for 4 weeks)

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
Maybe you missed my point, and the above discussion, not sure. Konrad Bak stated that H3 is more durable than ESN rubbers, which is something I completetly disagree with. Hence why I used my friend as a perfect example, where his H3 lasts for 1-2 weeks and when he played with TO5H it lasted for 4~ weeks.

not wanting to get into this discussion just want to clarify that Tenergy is not an ESN rubber.

This user has no status.
H3 is more durable the lower your level the wear on h3 is usually caused by reglue, boost and super high speed brushing. These are all things new players don't do or really benefit from.

A commercial h3 topsheet and any sponge will last over 2 years for a beginner without much abuse and will this is the key point remain consistent.

MXP is known to change remarkably over its first six months. Due to booster wear, this is way more important for mxp than h3

Tenergy is kind of the king of durability however so no qualms here, for a new player it will last as long as h3 as both will probably run out of life due to storage issues than wear if you're not a high level.

For me. I would

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
H3 is more durable the lower your level the wear on h3 is usually caused by reglue, boost and super high speed brushing. These are all things new players don't do or really benefit from.

Which is exactly my point;
If you are high level: You use the rubber correctly and generate more spin than any other rubber. But, this will make the durability go down by a ton
If you are low level: You can't generate as much spin as other rubbers, but the durability will be high

Thus:
High level player -> More spin, less durability
Low level player ->​ Less spin, more durabililty

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Can I try Hurricane 3 neo national blue sponge 40 degree hardness without boosting? I heard neo is lightly boosted.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Guys , there is no reason to go back and forth on this .
The reason Archayan's friend disposes off his H3 is very easily understandable for people who have used H3 and know what people do with it. Most likely he is using a booster like Dianchi or Kalin Oil . These boosters last for about 2-3 weeks. The thing about boosting is its never the same if you re-boost. To keep the playing characteristics consistent most likely his friend disposes off his H3.

In general H3 lasts for ever . I used to boost using Falco , which lasts for about 6 weeks and I have played with Reboosted H3 also. At our level , around 1600-1900 USATT ... it does not matter. And the topsheet of H3 is famously durable as long as you periodically wash it and keep it dust free.

Reactions: suds79
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hi, Just wanted your opinion. I have hurricane 3 neo blue sponge national 40 hardness. I have to play within 24 hours so cannot boost the rubbers with multiple layers right now.Can i boost the rubber with one layer and then reboost after around 2 weeks properly with like 2-3 layers. Will the reboost will still be good?Can i do this?Will the rubber perform optimally?
Guys , there is no reason to go back and forth on this .
The reason Archayan's friend disposes off his H3 is very easily understandable for people who have used H3 and know what people do with it. Most likely he is using a booster like Dianchi or Kalin Oil . These boosters last for about 2-3 weeks. The thing about boosting is its never the same if you re-boost. To keep the playing characteristics consistent most likely his friend disposes off his H3.

In general H3 lasts for ever . I used to boost using Falco , which lasts for about 6 weeks and I have played with Reboosted H3 also. At our level , around 1600-1900 USATT ... it does not matter. And the topsheet of H3 is famously durable as long as you periodically wash it and keep it dust free.

Hi, Just wanted your opinion. I have hurricane 3 neo blue sponge national 40 hardness. I have to play within 24 hours so cannot boost the rubbers with multiple layers right now.Can i boost the rubber with one layer and then reboost after around 2 weeks properly with like 2-3 layers. Will the reboost will still be good?Can i do this?Will the rubber perform optimally?

you can. Just apply a thin layer, it will dry after 3-4 hours... just keep repeating that until you think the dome is good enough.

After that wait until an hour or two before u play, then apply the WBG

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
3-4 hours really? I heard that it takes around 12-24 hours for the booster to dry.
you can. Just apply a thin layer, it will dry after 3-4 hours... just keep repeating that until you think the dome is good enough.

After that wait until an hour or two before u play, then apply the WBG

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I would not recommend it ... just play with a different rubber ... and boost it properly.. .I am sure you have payed well to get a national blue sponge ... I am not saying what Hamazi Franz is saying is wrong .. but from the way he is descrbing it , he has done it a number of times and knows exactly how to do it and how it ends up... if you are not that frequent a booster , I would recommend be patient and do it properly !

Last edited: