Size of handles?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Hello! I am using Timo Boll ZLC. I enjoy the blade But it would be fun to try an all Wood blade again.

I hope it Will have a bit more feeling and Maybe Control. Think in general slower equipment can benefit many of us.

I am looking to try Stiga Clipper CR, Yasaka Max Wood and or Avolox P700. How Do the handles feel? Which is thinnest, flattest? I like the rather thin handle of the ZLC. Also appreciate any other thoughts about the blades. I think they proably are pretty similar.

Many thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
You can get the Clipper CR in their Master handle (slimmer).

I think it feels better than the P700 (too flexible).

I recently picked up an Andro CS7 Tour to practice shakehand. That's a good option too, similar but slightly stiffer than the Clipper (1475hz vs the my Clipper (penhold) which was only 1346).

I'm suspecting the Andro has a hollow handle (not sure), so keep that in mind if you have preferences against such.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Thanks for all the answers! I forget to mention that i think i prefer ST handle.

How is the master smaller?

I have a tendency to hold a bit forehand grip. In my imagination a more bulky thick handle Will cause the grip to be either more fh or bh oriented and prevent sligth changes in the grip. Becaus the finger or thumb Comes a bit away from the rubber and Do not get so good pressure.

This user has no status.
I have not tried the ZLC in a while, and can't really remember how the handle feel.

But here are some comparion shots between Yasaka Max Wood ST, Stiga ST(My clipper is Master, so picture is from Allround Evo) and the only ST Butterfly I have, Primorac Off-.

Maybe it helps. :)

IMG_20191013_101934.jpgIMG_20191013_101559.jpgIMG_20191013_101505.jpgIMG_20191013_101455.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Konrad Bak
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
If you like a slower version of timo boll zlc, go with Timo boll zlf; it is the perfect blade which does everything.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

I think this us a good suggestion. It is quite a lot slower.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Thanks for all the answers! I think i still Will go with a all Wood blade. Will proably bought both max Wood and stiga clipper