Question about boosters

This user has no status.
Is there any brand that sells non-carcinogenic boosters? I have tried to google it but people mainly focus on whether the amount of such chemical is detectable or not, instead of the existence of it. I don't care about the ITTF shit and how little there is. I just want to know if there is any booster that won't give you cancer by not using ANY mutagen.

I assume baby oil is a way to do it since it is meant to be put on to a baby so it's hard to imagine that it would cause cancer. However, I want to know if you know or are using any table-tennis-specific boosters that meet the conditions mentioned above.

Many thanks for any info. ;););)

Last edited:
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Сhina-made Dianchi, SeeMoon boosters are known to be oily compounds as mostly used in footwear industry. Mineral oils derived from a crude petroleums/
Flamable. Extreme Toxicity/
Be happy.

Reactions: nivekkan
This user has no status.
little did you know, that all rubbers are boosted hahaha
really? You mean ALL? is it confirmed? or is it one of those things that everyone have a guts-feeling that it is true?

Well, if it is, let it sit for a month before gluing, I guess?

Last edited:
says Thanks for the suggestion Splasher! I was going to try...
Apr 2019
I mean it is legal... So do that if it makes you happy. Otherwise Good joke

Joking of course. But I do love the idea of playing with hard bats, no more stressing out that my fh loops are no spinny..the revenge of the flat hitters that would be.

This user has no status.
Joking of course. But I do love the idea of playing with hard bats, no more stressing out that my fh loops are no spinny..the revenge of the flat hitters that would be.

I actually tried that a few times when I was in primary school. I ripped the rubber and sponge off of my first dirt cheap premade and played with the bare wood blade. I remembered that it made my strokes weird when I got rid of it and switched to the second premade that was new at the time.

Reactions: Andre74
Apr 2019
I started TT when I was a child and (80’s) my friends were all into their Siga (premade of course) 2-3-4-5 stars, depending on how affluent their family were.. one older boy had a squared 4 stars one that I really liked. I had a Stiga too but I kept going back to my dad’s racket, a Slazenger pips out with no sponge, oversized but with a short handle, white leather grip, and blue rubber.. I loved that thing and it was great for smashing, although the wood was falling apart! That’s my only memory of hard bats.

Reactions: nivekkan
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I teach at a medical school. My guess is that they are probably reasonably safe but we cant say for sure because the formulations are proprietary secrets. Compared to speed glue the effects are so minimal that it's not worth the effort with European or Japanese made rubbers that I use. Hurricane is probably a different situation. People say you need to boost it. Forvthecwsy I play it sucks no matter what.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
No. Sunlight is carcinogenic. Drinking water is carcinogenic.

I'll play Captain Obvious here. We live in an environment filled with pathogens, allergens, mutagens...

You do have the risk of falling to death if you stand up but that's life. Table tennis is not life. It's a hoppy to me. I'm not a pro player so can live without table tennis. I don't want to take extra risks from just a hobby so that's my reason which you seems to be interested in. If you are willing to take the risk, I'm not telling you how to live your life, that's your choice.:)

Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Great example there. I have a clubmate who is paranoid like you here and another clubmate once told him right in the face "係敢行路都會仆街死。"

says regularly shitposting
says regularly shitposting
Jul 2019
You do have the risk of falling to death if you stand up but that's life. Table tennis is not life. It's a hoppy to me. I'm not a pro player so can live without table tennis. I don't want to take extra risks from just a hobby so that's my reason which you seems to be interested in. If you are willing to take the risk, I'm not telling you how to live your life, that's your choice.:)

Well lets look at it like that, sunlight can be bad so we have sunscreen, if you want to boost, maybe get a gas mask and after you are done with the process leave the rubber in some ventilated space where you dont spend most of your time ( dont leave them on a table next to your bed or something). Maybe get Falco if you are worried about the asian brands.