Question about boosters

This user has no status.
Great example there. I have a clubmate who is paranoid like you here and another clubmate once told him right in the face "係敢行路都會仆街死。"
I wouldn't consider myself as being paranoid which would mean that I have a fear a delusional degree. The level of word needs to be toned down abit. But you can say that IYO that I'm too worried which I cannot prove you wrong. Likewise, you can't prove that boosters are safe/no safe to an accurate degree so you can't prove me wrong either. Until you can do that, we should stop beating a dead horse and move on from this topic

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
A reasonable precaution if you are worried would be to wear nitrile gloves. Boosterz aren't volatile by design so you really don't need to worry about breathing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
Well lets look at it like that, sunlight can be bad so we have sunscreen, if you want to boost, maybe get a gas mask and after you are done with the process leave the rubber in some ventilated space where you dont spend most of your time ( dont leave them on a table next to your bed or something). Maybe get Falco if you are worried about the asian brands.

Isn't the chemicals continuously evaporating in a course of weeks/months by design to keep the sponge expanded? Obviously, the concentration is highest when you open the bottle of boosters and applying it. So it seems like the least I can do is to wear gloves, mask and keep the bat ventilated when not in use, if I do boost in the future. But what about when you use it? You think the amount that reaches you is so infinitesimally small that you can call it none or it is still there?

A reasonable precaution if you are worried would be to wear nitrile gloves. Boosterz aren't volatile by design so you really don't need to worry about breathing it.
Isn't the "things" that keep the sponge tensioned/ expanded the VOCs? VOCs are volatile right? No? :confused:

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Grrrr guys you are so... Hm how to say it nice.....
I just boosting my tg2 with my bare hand and I do not wear glowes and I'm sleeping next to it.... In other corner im preparing great Ryb Eye steak... What is more carcinogenic?

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Red meat is nothing compared to Category 1 carcinogens.

IARC_Carcinogenic_Classification.png

Reactions: nivekkan
Jan 2018
I wouldn't consider myself as being paranoid which would mean that I have a fear a delusional degree. The level of word needs to be toned down abit. But you can say that IYO that I'm too worried which I cannot prove you wrong. Likewise, you can't prove that boosters are safe/no safe to an accurate degree so you can't prove me wrong either. Until you can do that, we should stop beating a dead horse and move on from this topic

Don't get so worked up here. That's a real-life conversation that happened in a "locker room talk."

You can't get triggered here when you intrigue people with these thought-provoking threads. I mean I tried real hard to steer the FH vs BH power thread back on track but it was sadly abandoned.

Reactions: bobpuls

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Maybe boost, you know, outside? Where the air moves about. Unless you live in London or Beijing, or Mexico City or LA, or any other major city. Then you are probably better off sniffing the booster inside than going for a walk in the park. Except indoor air quality is often even worse than outside because we fill our homes with chemicals.

Bottom line: we are all going to die one day. Boosting or not boosting isn't going to change that in any way.

This user has no status.
Don't get so worked up here. That's a real-life conversation that happened in a "locker room talk."

You can't get triggered here when you intrigue people with these thought-provoking threads. I mean I tried real hard to steer the FH vs BH power thread back on track but it was sadly abandoned.

I don't agree that I'm angry. You said nothing that is rude. Please don't give me these guesses of "what I think you are thinking/feeling is xxxxx".

You took it as me "intriguing" you. I don't intend to provoke anyone. I just want to know some information about
(1)non-harmful boosters/boosting
(2)affect on playing with rubbers with no boosting

Again, we don't need to agree on everything to discuss a topic. I understand that you think that I worried too much. I disagree. But I don't think your idea is stupid. I didn't say you are bad as a person. I'm not here to specifically hurt you.(although you cannot prove you are right with evidence so far).
We just respectfully disagree. That's all !:eek:
Why do we have to be so divisive? why do we have to be like
Ah! you have different opinion! We are fighting now!

why?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Maybe boost, you know, outside? Where the air moves about. Unless you live in London or Beijing, or Mexico City or LA, or any other major city. Then you are probably better off sniffing the booster inside than going for a walk in the park. Except indoor air quality is often even worse than outside because we fill our homes with chemicals.

Bottom line: we are all going to die one day. Boosting or not boosting isn't going to change that in any way.

Cool:cool:. That sure is one thing you should do if you have to boost. Just go out to boost or take a walk

Last edited:
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
They are very slightly volatile and in contrast to speed glue it is probably not why they work.

But to be honest and with no disrespect intended, given the questions you ask, I doubt it is something you need to be dealing with.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Honestly, I can't believe the OP has lived in Hong Kong. He/she sounds like Greta Thunberg.

This user has no status.
Honestly, I can't believe the OP has lived in Hong Kong. He/she sounds like Greta Thunberg.

I like your post with the carcinogen level graph which is the point of this thread (i.e. it's on track). We can talk about the amount of risks involved in boosting.

However, I'm not here to mainly discuss about philosophy or the correct way to live our life. Put it simply, I don't need you to tell me that I'm too careful or taking too little risks. It's a matter of choice,instead of right or wrong so no fruitful result will come out of this argument.
That's the bottom line.

If you want to stay on track. You are more than welcomed. I would like that to happen.

I'm from HK obviously as you have seen from my profile. I have nothing to prove to you. Believe it if you want or don't.

Reactions: jedimasterplk
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Nivekkan, sometimes you have to not respond to certain things. When I see someone who has opened a thread and they try to answer almost every post from anyone who posted in their thread, it makes me wonder why they think that would be okay. I have watched you do that in pretty much every thread you have opened.

And it seems to me that you are totally misunderstanding what Zeio is saying and it seems you are turning it into an argument when it should not have been.

Don't respond to the stuff you don't fully understand. It is not a good habit to do that. It often looks like poor form when a thread has one person making 50% of the comments. So I would resist the urge to respond to things that are going to cause you to become argumentative if I was you. If you think someone is being rude to you, step back and see if there is another way of understanding what they are saying. But resist the urge to argue. It will be worthwhile for you to resist the urge to respond those kinds of comments.

You are very positive and enthusiastic. But I don't think you want to go too far in that direction and turn that into a thing that is not positive.

Next subject:

Forvthecwsy I play it sucks no matter what.

I will edit the typo: "For the way I play it sucks no matter what."

In other words, Baal is saying H3 is not a good rubber for him no matter what you do to it.

But to answer your question about whether you can play H3 without boosting it:

YES. You can play H3 without boosting it. But is it worth using if it is not boosted? I guess that depends on each separate person. But I would tend to feel that I don't like it boosted unless it is REALLY boosted a lot. And I still don't like it too much then. But I really do not like it if it is not boosted.

But sure you can play with it. I mean, people play with hardbat and with sandpaper rackets, so of course you can play with unboosted H3.

Usually what you use and like is a personal preference. But it is also, to some extent conditioned on what you are already used to using. So, if you used a sandpaper racket and tried unboosted H3, you would think it was quite fast and springy. If you used T05 and tried unboosted H3 you would think it felt like there was cardboard under the top sheet instead of a sponge. Said differently, to someone who is used to T05 unboosted H3 would feel slow and very unresponsive.

But your profile says you are using one of the "Nitakku H3" versions. How does that work for you?

Last thing: people make a big fuss about equipment. But it is really not that important. Whatever you use, you get used to. And training and practice are much more important for developing skills than what equipment you are using.

Focus on training. Don't get lost in the desire to try new equipment. And don't respond to every post. Choose the ones that are useful to respond to. Otherwise your threads will end up in the kinds of downward spirals you created here while not understanding what Zeio was saying.

Last edited:
Reactions: bricec and nivekkan
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
THE MAGIC OIL BATH

China Building Materials Research Institute employee, my fellow engineer, would told me
[size=+1]
DHS rubber factory uses a sort of chemical bath. At the end of thermo-curing process we would get blue sponge with 44 hardness degree by Shore A. We call it Provincial grade sponge. It is really solid, poor-springiness product to be sold at cheap.

Then, we do some upgrade on the blue sponge by dipping the sponge large-size plate into mineral oil bath for a hour. And thus we have an improved product with a better playing performance and softer sponge of 37 - 40 degree. We call it National grade sponge, to supply to elite domestic players.
[/size]