Question about boosters

says regularly shitposting
says regularly shitposting
Jul 2019
THE MAGIC OIL BATH

China Building Materials Research Institute employee, my fellow engineer, would told me

Note to self, drown H3N sponge in mineral oil for an hour when done with it, for the lolz.

I am well aware its not gonna be the same but hey at least I'll have something funny to post on the forum.

Reactions: nivekkan
This user has no status.
Choose the ones that are useful to respond to.
good life advice.

Last thing: people make a big fuss about equipment. But it is really not that important. Whatever you use, you get used to. And training and practice are much more important for developing skills than what equipment you are using.
good table tennis advice.

But your profile says you are using one of the "Nitakku H3" versions. How does that work for you?

As you said, I have only used Nittaku H3 so I don't have a reference to tell how good this rubber is in comparison to others. As as result, I can only and perhaps ought to adapt to what I have. Well, technically I used TG2, H2 and H3 from my old premades as well(all DHS) but that was a long time ago so I don't remember.

As long as they don't have catastrophic failures or are not wore out, I will keep them. However, I think they are factory boosted, which as you can tell was concerning me a bit. When the nittaku H3 becomes old, I think I'll try the DHS H3(may be provincial or commercial? but not national) to see what an unboosted H3 is like. If I like it. Then I can no longer concern about boosting ever but even If I don't like it, I think I can get use to it and eventually like it. If I REALLY don't like unboosted H3, I'll decided what to do when the time comes.

Why H3? Because this is the closest non-boosted rubber I can find to what I'm using so I think the transition would be easier.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl