T2 Diamond Singapore 2019

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
The IT folks didn't put that up until yesterday night. They could've automated it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
T2 is kind of disappointing in the sense that you don't get any meet-and-greet. The press conference only had 5 players (3 of whom are locals + CM and Franziska). Even then, it's really for invitees (e.g. journalists and sponsors who are almost always at the other tournaments already?) and not fans. Also let's face it, most people would be there for the international stars. At the matches, the players are ushered away so quickly (unless you're a kid then maybe the security will show you an ounce of sympathy having spent so much money on the tickets) that you barely have time to snap any good shots. Such arrangements would be understandable for World Tour Opens I suppose but for a commercial event like T2? A great pity IMO.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
T2 is kind of disappointing in the sense that you don't get any meet-and-greet. The press conference only had 5 players (3 of whom are locals + CM and Franziska). Even then, it's really for invitees (e.g. journalists and sponsors who are almost always at the other tournaments already?) and not fans. Also let's face it, most people would be there for the international stars. At the matches, the players are ushered away so quickly (unless you're a kid then maybe the security will show you an ounce of sympathy having spent so much money on the tickets) that you barely have time to snap any good shots. Such arrangements would be understandable for World Tour Opens I suppose but for a commercial event like T2? A great pity IMO.

It is clearly visible that they spend too much money creating the show which finally is not great regarding table tennis. Of course it is good to watch in computer but I do not see many spectators and bigger value then typical world tour. Not to mention the comentators :mad:

Jan 2018

In retrospect, I think they should've made the T2 1 stop instead of 3(2 now), and adjust the points accordingly. The player schedule is already so packed for the pre-Olympic year.

This stop in particular interferes with the TWC and Austrian Open, so bad that players such as Calderano and Falck picked it over the TWC. You can't expect them to fly to Japan and then fly to Europe and then fly to Singapore in the span of 3 weeks.

Jan 2018
QvZUs4I.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
First Ishikawa at the WWC and now Hirano at T2 Singapore.
It's like they DON'T want to go to the Olympics.

I suppose they still want, they even really want .... But .....
And Hirano, apparently, still experiences strong psychological pressure ......

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
I actually feel bad for Ishikawa and Hirano. Tampines Hub is where I work away from the office a lot and the spot where I do so is right next to the viewing gallery of the training hall. If memory serves, these two have camped in the hall far longer than any other player from day 0 onwards, only to suffer a first round exit. That must be highly demoralising.