T2 Diamond Singapore 2019

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Kasumin!!!

uKZIWs5.jpg

Ito vs Idol
4:2, 4:5, Ito slowed down the match flow just a bit on her serve, 8:5, 8:6(Ito's service fault), 11:6.

2:0(Idol's service fault), 2:1, 3:1, 3:2, 8:2, Idol missing on BHs so much, 8:4, 9:4, 9:5, 11:5. Idol couldn't get past the 3rd ball as well.

2 games in less than 11 minutes.

2:2, 4:2, 4:4, 5:4, 5:5, 6:5, 6:6, 7:6, 7:7, 7:8, 8:8, 8:11. Idol has a slim chance if she could get past the 3rd ball.

Sw8lkJc.jpg

1:0, 2:0(Idol's service fault again), 3:0, 3:1, 4:1(Idol at it again), 4:2, 5:2, 5:3, 9:3, 9:4, 10:4, 10:8, 11:8.

LiU7dMb.jpg

0:2, 2:2, 2:3, 3:3, 4:3, 5:3. That's it. Ishikawa choked in the 4th game.

OTJiRAR.jpg

W7W67CU.jpg

03X6lqc.jpg

44i6yhQ.jpg

Last edited:
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
What a shot!

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FT2Diamond%2Fvideos%2F494344314498681%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Jan 2018
The only game Ishikawa played OKish was in the 3rd and even then she was trailing.

How did they count unforced error?

QEU7D75.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Doesn't matter. The source is filmed at 30fps. Streaming at 60fps means you're simply duplicating the same frame twice.

The TV Tokyo stream is much smoother than the ITTF stream. You can really tell the difference if you compare them side-by-side. Is it possible the sources of both are different? All the Highlight Videos are also in 60fps, so I'm puzzled why the ITTF stream quality isn't also on 60fps while TV Tokyo and all the Highlight videos are.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
thats the case for any Ito's opponent whenever Mima is in great form
Actually Ishikawa did not play that bad. She had some chances and she was trying to find the way changing tactics.
First two sets she had great problem reading Ito serve, which in my opinion were illegal.
But the main problem was pushing the ball after Ito chop. It was very clear: Ishikawa served with backspin to Ito FH then Ito push the ball short (there was no spin ball), Ishikawa should attack it, instead she decided to push which finally make the ball goes high and Ito could finish it easily.

Reactions: driversbeat
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
The TV Tokyo stream is much smoother than the ITTF stream. You can really tell the difference if you compare them side-by-side. Is it possible the sources of both are different? All the Highlight Videos are also in 60fps, so I'm puzzled why the ITTF stream quality isn't also on 60fps while TV Tokyo and all the Highlight videos are.
It could be that the source is 60 fps and down converted to 30fps to save bandwidth. Or another possibility would be if the source is 30fps, interpolate the in between frames to up convert to 60fps.

Reactions: apacible
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Actually Ishikawa did not play that bad. She had some chances and she was trying to find the way changing tactics.
First two sets she had great problem reading Ito serve, which in my opinion were illegal.
But the main problem was pushing the ball after Ito chop. It was very clear: Ishikawa served with backspin to Ito FH then Ito push the ball short (there was no spin ball), Ishikawa should attack it, instead she decided to push which finally make the ball goes high and Ito could finish it easily.

Im with you that Ito´s serve are often on the edge of being illegal. Other then that I saw no pattern, or area of play, where Ishikawa got any advantage or made reliable points. Every point she was just desperate to put the ball back on the table. I agree with Takkyu, that thats the case for many of Ito´s opponents. But it also show that there is a mile between their level of play.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
Jan 2018

I stepped through the video frame by frame. It's 30fps encoded as 60fps, where every frame is duplicated. The one responsible for streaming have been doing this for a while. That's why I know. The VODs are 30fps as well.

The reason the ITTF looks choppy is either from frame drops or frame duplicates due to framerate conversion. The standard is 50i/25p in Europe and ITTF uses that, but Youtube only supports 60i/30p/60p for live streaming, so frames will be randomly duplicated.

Last edited: