T2 Diamond Singapore 2019

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
From T2 Diamond Facebook:

It's time to reveal the 15 male and female players who have qualified for Seamaster T2 Diamond Singapore next month! Who are you looking forward to watching the most?

t21.jpg

t22.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
WS-scored the necessary points 9 Chinese women ....And how much will actually play?Three or four maximum ....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
WS-scored the necessary points 9 Chinese women ....And how much will actually play?Three or four maximum ....

I believe T2 will determine which of the Chinese women (CM, LSW and SYS) will be WR#1 in Dec. CM and SYS will lose points due to their absence from Austrian Open while LSW has a good chance of raising her points with World Cup and Austrian Open. Depends on how important this title is to them, probably SYS more than the other two since she has never been.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
In T-2 tournaments, it’s not clear:

Points earned in the second tournament will be added to points earned in the first?
Or will only one result, the largest, be taken into account?
Or will the results of the second tournament certainly replace the results of the first?
Generally, when will these results be removed?

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018

Just enough such that Ishikawa could get into the top 8? So no CXT and WYD?

In T-2 tournaments, it’s not clear:

Points earned in the second tournament will be added to points earned in the first?
Or will only one result, the largest, be taken into account?
Or will the results of the second tournament certainly replace the results of the first?
Generally, when will these results be removed?

Sum since they're bonus points. They will last 1 year.

https://ittf.cdnomega.com/eu/2019/09/World-Ranking-description-2019-25Mar-1.pdf
3.ITTF World Singles Rankings
3.4. The awarded ranking points are valid for 12 months with the following exceptions: 3.4.1.Ranking points of the ITTF World Table Tennis Championships, ITTF World Junior Table Tennis Championships, ITTF World Tour Grand Finals, ITTF World Cups, Continental Championships and Continental Cups are valid until the next edition of the same type.
3.8. Bonus ranking points are awarded for players taking part at the T2 Diamond events if they possess the minimum 8 events to count for the senior ranking. The bonus ranking points are added to the ranking points additionally to the 8 best results.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Thank !
My opinion is that Ishikawa will definitely get into the top 8 ....
(Well, in the top 4, perhaps, hardly .... We do not know how many Chinese women will participate ...)

In any case, this will not help Ishikawa rise above Ito in the January ranking ....I’m not even sure that Ishikawa will be higher than Hirano in the ranking by January .....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Host Exemption Male.jpg
Host Exemption Female.jpg

Guess who the Host Exemptions are. As per T2 Regulations: "Each Host Exemption must be ranked in the top-50 of the ITTF World Rankings at the time of selection, and must not have qualified to compete in the relevant T2DIAMOND 2019 event from the World Tour Standings." I honestly can't make out who the players are. All I can tell is that the guy is left-handed (Did Niwa get the lucky break he needs?) and the girl is right-handed. (Yu Mengyu makes the most sense as she's the only other Singaporean Woman in the top 50 of the ITTF rankings.)

Jan 2018
YMY for the girl. That silhouette looks way too tall for anyone else.

Can't tell for the guy. My memory of Singaporean men - Gao Ning, Yang Zi and Zhan Jian.

Ah, I miss Li Jiawei and Wang Yuegu.

jgllYfm.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: apacible
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
[attachment=1]T2_2019_Prize_Money.jpg[/attachment] The most lucrative table tennis event of the year 2019. T2 is the supreme attraction for all the pro-players, perhaps even stronger desirement than Olympics oncoming next year., I suspect. Money rule the World, is it not ?

http://ooakforum.com/download/file.php?id=5176 [size=+1]Domestic Singapore government will impose Income Taxation of 15% on the player's revenue.
Singapore mild-size taxation is far agreeable as compared to the flashripping Japanese tax of 21%.[/size]

Be happy.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
YMY for the girl. That silhouette looks way too tall for anyone else.

Can't tell for the guy. My memory of Singaporean men - Gao Ning, Yang Zi and Zhan Jian.

Ah, I miss Li Jiawei and Wang Yuegu.

cache.php

Some people have said the guy is either Clarence Chew or Pang Yew En Koen. It makes sense since they're both lefties and are from Singapore. Though neither are in the Top 50 of the ITTF rankings, so they technically shouldn't be eligible as a host exemption. Unless T2 Diamond has modified their criteria yet again just as how the host exemptions of last tournament were used on the season 1 T2 Champions.

Jan 2018
Some people have said the guy is either Clarence Chew or Pang Yew En Koen. It makes sense since they're both lefties and are from Singapore. Though neither are in the Top 50 of the ITTF rankings, so they technically shouldn't be eligible as a host exemption. Unless T2 Diamond has modified their criteria yet again just as how the host exemptions of last tournament were used on the season 1 T2 Champions.

Disregarding top 50 in WR,

Clarence Chew, 75%
screen-shot-2017-11-24-at-15-57-25.png

Pang Yew En, 50%
6.jpg