Rasanter R53

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
4 out of 5 rating for Rasanter R53

R53 is overall a good rubber, it is, in my opinion better suited to advanced players, so my ratings for control are really based on my short comings!! Which will likely be similar to other players of a similar level.R53 is capable of producing high spin levels, for a rubber with a hard sponge the top sheet feels pretty soft, you can feel the ball sink into the rubber, so when brush looping the ball is gripped very well and high spin is produced. Top spin v back spin is fairly easy, the rubber has a medium to mid-high throw angle so the ball can be lifted well.Counter top spin, drives and fast blocks are where this rubber stands out, once the sponge is engaged the catapult kicks in, it feels very crisp indeed, fast and direct.Good technique and feel is needed when blocking, because the sponge is engaged and the ball pings off fairly quickly.Short game, pushing etc is similar a light touch is needed.Serves can be loaded with spin but again good touch is needed in order to control the ball well.Durability - still to be confirmed but there seems to be a drop off in spin capability, nothing to serious, but the ‘out of the pack’ performance does drop off.If you’re a higher level player then it’s likely you may give this rubber a better rating!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
4 out of 5 rating for Rasanter R53

OK. I tried this in Max on a Yinhe V-14 PRO blade. I'm coming from having used almost only harder Chinese rubbers like DHS H3N 41deg, Yinhe Moon Pro Hard, 729 Battle II Prov Gold etc on forehand. Now trying this one. It's totally non-tacky. What hit me is that it's easy to make very good spin even on slower strokes, short services etc. Of course it's a bit springier than the Chinese rubbers, but not really by that much that I thought it should be. Short game and pushes are really nice. Further away from the table the feeling of control is total. The top sheet is quite soft and that gives a very controllable feeling whatever you want to do. This is no speed demon, but quite fast though. I have used Stiga DNA H 2.1mm as well, and R53 is a bit like DNA when looping, but I think R53 is a nicer rubber than DNA regarding control and spin. The effect isn't direct like when looping with Chinese rubbers, and the ball digs in to the top sheet more. That gives you a longer dwell time and more control in all game aspects.