Jun Mizutani wearing glasses

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
I was interested to see Jun Mizutani wearing glasses in a match against Timo Boll. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7JhEIUoAcQ As a glasses wearer myself I was keen to see what type he used to get the best vision.

His glasses appear to be oversized to ensure that he can look up and down without the frame getting in the way. They are presumably very light and seem to be solidly fixed to his face. It is difficult to see but there may be some sort of tint or coloration to the lens. I find anti reflective to be a benefit but would some sort of tint be a benefit and make the ball easier to see. Is he using modern glass technology to gain an advantage from having to wear glasses?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Really sorry to hear that Jun has a severe eye problem - I assumed it was just short or long sight and he preferred glasses to contact lenses. It shows how, in any sport, accidents or illness can disrupt or end a career.

I would still be interested if anyone had tried glasses with a tint to help with seeing the ball clearly.

This user has no status.
I was interested to see Jun Mizutani wearing glasses in a match against Timo Boll. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7JhEIUoAcQ As a glasses wearer myself I was keen to see what type he used to get the best vision.

His glasses appear to be oversized to ensure that he can look up and down without the frame getting in the way. They are presumably very light and seem to be solidly fixed to his face. It is difficult to see but there may be some sort of tint or coloration to the lens. I find anti reflective to be a benefit but would some sort of tint be a benefit and make the ball easier to see. Is he using modern glass technology to gain an advantage from having to wear glasses?
I have been using glasses for like 15 years now..in my opinion AR glasses are best and anti glare which change colors when exposed to bright lights or sunlight..and large glasses with light weight is a plus...well this is what i actually use

Sent from my SM-A700H using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
I have been using glasses for like 15 years now..in my opinion AR glasses are best and anti glare which change colors when exposed to bright lights or sunlight..and large glasses with light weight is a plus...well this is what i actually use

Sent from my SM-A700H using Tapatalk

Hi, could you please let me know what brand or type of glasses I should purchase? Some link would be appreciated.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
They are AR glasses. They show spin level and ball trajectory before the opponent's shot. ;)

Hi, could you please let me know what brand or type of glasses I should purchase? Some link would be appreciated.