Jan 2018
C3f6Yv3.jpg

BOnGGtp.jpg

-5159057461438379466.jpg

Reactions: Vlad Celler
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Holy cow, the final game of the bronze medal match was epic! Go Lilly!

Also, the camera work is absolutely phenomenal, and I'd say, a huge slap in the face of the travesty that was the German Open coverage.

Germany - developed country
China - developing country

dbkEP7v.gif

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
LSW: Thank you, Ito, for beating ZYL to a pulp last year.

LSW has pretty much sealed her singles spot for Tokyo.

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

Lol, but the ZYL today played one of the best I have seen her do. It's not often that LSW doesn't score much on her own serves.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
During LSW's timeout, Adam mentioned that it seems like DN is a shoe-in for. Olympic singles. He argued that she is the defending OC and was last year's World Cup champion. I remember him mentioning this before at some other tournament this year. Still, this doesn't make sense to me. She's clearly on the decline and susceptible to an upset. As a Mima Ito fan, I would welcome this selection and hope they would be in the same half of the draw. Would LGL really risk that?

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
During LSW's timeout, Adam mentioned that it seems like DN is a shoe-in for. Olympic singles. He argued that she is the defending OC and was last year's World Cup champion. I remember him mentioning this before at some other tournament this year. Still, this doesn't make sense to me. She's clearly on the decline and susceptible to an upset. As a Mima Ito fan, I would welcome this selection and hope they would be in the same half of the draw. Would LGL really risk that?

Honestly I wouldn't read much into what he says.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews

I think he would risk more sending DN who can be the strongest and also the weakest point of CNT. China has some sort of rules when they let winners defend their titles. That happened to LXX and ZJK who weren't in top form. I think Ito will crush her easier then LSW.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Is Ding Ning really a bigger risk than 2016 Zhang Jike? People have short memories. Ding Ning has earned her spot. They will prep her maximally for the Olympics.
No, she is a bigger risk then LSW. I just compared the idea of selection. Of course they will prepare her and also her fighting spirit is important but I think ITO has good tactics against DN and she will also train hard.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
No, she is a bigger risk then LSW. I just compared the idea of selection. Of course they will prepare her and also her fighting spirit is important but I think ITO has good tactics against DN and she will also train hard.

Huh? There are two singles spots and Ding Ning's the 2017 WTTC and Liu Shiwen is the 2019 WTTC. Both are going. To make sense, you need to be advocating for someone else.

Reactions: matzreenzi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Huh? There are two singles spots and Ding Ning's the 2017 WTTC and Liu Shiwen is the 2019 WTTC. Both are going. To make sense, you need to be advocating for someone else.
You do not get my point. Someone above mentioned that sending LSW is risky - in my opinion DN is more risky. Probably the both go to Tokyo but I am not that sure if it was clarified.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
You do not get my point. Someone above mentioned that sending LSW is risky - in my opinion DN is more risky. Probably the both go to Tokyo but I am not that sure if it was clarified.

You didn't read the post carefully. DN was said to be risky not LSW. No one has said LSW is risky.

Reactions: Sali

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Really impressive from Lily! Love her post on Instagram:

I’m still trying to figure out if this weekend was a dream... After experiencing arguably one of the most stressful weeks of my life and almost not even being able to come to China, this weekend I became the first ever American in history to reach the semifinals at the Women’s World Cup!!! Entering the competition as the wildcard and the 18th seed, my only real goal was to just pass the group stage. Trust me when I say I was just as shocked as everyone else when after the group stage, I ended up winning against the former World Cup Champion and WR #9 Miu Hirano of Japan to reach the quarterfinals and then against WR #16 Sofia Polcanova of Austria to reach the semifinals! I eventually lost to the newly crowned World Cup Champion Liu Shiwen in the semis and then to WR #12 Feng Tianwei of Singapore in the bronze medal match, but I’m still unbelievably happy about my performance here in Chengdu! This competition has given me so much motivation and confidence to keep fighting - I’m even hungrier than before. I just want to thank everyone who has supported me throughout my entire journey leading up to here. I hope I can keep making you guys proud! On to the next
#ITTFWorldCup #Chengdu #TeamUSA #Repost

https://www.instagram.com/p/B33SS4MATth/