5xxl3CN.jpg

Ariel: I should've stuck around.

Reactions: jawien
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Really amazing, although I was hoping Sofia to win

Enviado de meu Redmi 7A usando o Tapatalk

True, Sofia is a really good player and a very nice person, although Lily was a bit of an underdog here so it's always exciting ... : )

Maybe Petrissa can cause an upset here too ...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
pardon my ignorance or if it was already said somewhere else, but are these results, perhaps, related with the joint training with China?
I mean, it's Lily own merit the win, no one else's playing for her, but training with more competitive players would definitely helps one's game.

Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
pardon my ignorance or if it was already said somewhere else, but are these results, perhaps, related with the joint training with China?
I mean, it's Lily own merit the win, no one else's playing for her, but training with more competitive players would definitely helps one's game.

No doubt it helps. Despite winning the World Cup 2016 beating Ito, FTW and CIC among others, Hirano is said to have won the ATTC 2017 in large part because of spending a few weeks playing in CTTSL and practicing in China.

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Table-T...sm-and-Endurance-of-Joint-Training-with-China
“It was really great to have this level of training here in the USA and to be with the China team, the level of training was a very high standard for us and there are many things we can take away and learn from for our own game in the future,” says Wu Yue, 2016 Olympian.
“We have seen that the preparation for their practice is very extensive and much more than I have ever done or seen before. I noticed that when they practice they focus a lot more on the first 2 balls instead of open rallying, they prioritize strength in the beginning of the point. This is one of many things learned through this joint training. I hope we can have more opportunities in the future to do this again,” he remarks.
Crystal Wang notes, “the Chinese players are extremely fit. I have trained in province teams in China before so the three sessions and schedule is not too surprising for me, but it was very tiring and took a while to adapt to in the beginning because it was a lot more than I usually train.”

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Curious .. A preliminary (possibly inaccurate!) calculation shows that in the ITTF rating for November F.T. goes to 9th place at least ....

Jan 2018
Curious .. A preliminary (possibly inaccurate!) calculation shows that in the ITTF rating for November F.T. goes to 9th place at least ....

No kidding!