Link to go to bottom of a page

says regularly shitposting
says regularly shitposting
Jul 2019
On a phone ?

Hm, well, I just tried this on an android with firefox, installed some addon called "scroll to bottom", which added a button to the menu and it scrolls to the bottom of the page ... which is a two-tap process/action, and on a phone isn't it easier to just flick with the finger with a wide motion and it will bring you to the bottom, which is a single action. Idk there is probably some addon that creates a button for every page that you visit with that function, but it still seems like the same effort to me.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Legit request.

Currently, on the front page one could jump to the new post of a thread since your last visit by clicking on the link that appears as a little arrow but more often a question mark. It'd be nice if that arrow could be made larger.

But more often than not, I want to get to the latest post instead and do the catch up later.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It is funny: I have a link to unread posts on mine. If I have read everything in a thread, it disappears. But I do see stuff that others don't. So I checked while not logged in and it looks like the link is only there for me as a moderator. :)

I will let Dan know that a link to bottom of page and link to first unread post would be worthwhile for users.

Not sure if or when it will happen. He always has the IT guys working on projects and site updates. But, having it on his list won't hurt.

Reactions: JustANoob and zeio
Jan 2018
Oh, another related QOL improvement request.

Say I want to look up past references such as "time to retire Ishikawa" using the in-site search, such as the following. Instead of linking to the specific post such as this, the links just point to the threads where the keywords were found and then highlight them. In the end, you'll have to search it through yourself.

Reactions: lVegita