STIGA DNA Pro Hard Review | With Truls Moregard

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
What's up guys we're back with a new review!

In this video we're joined with European hope Truls Moregard to review the new hot off the shelf STIGA DNA Pro Hard rubber!

Have you tried the DNA yet? See you in the comments!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Somewhat surprised Dan said T05 is faster than DNA H. I was expecting DNA H to be a faster rubber, or say has a higher speed potential when used by an advanced player, which is what this rubber is for anyway.

Same here. I can imagine some eyebrows raised at both BTY or Stiga, albeit for different reasons.

Dan, did you mean Tenergy Hard by any chance when you made that comment?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
I noticed spin sensitivity is not mentioned in the review. That's one thing I really like about Mantra and Genesis II: they're not overly spin sensitive. Am I to understand because this has not been mentioned that this might be an issue with DNA?

Personaly i didn't notice it to be very spin sensitive and i played with Mantra S. But i rarely thought that a rubber was spin sensitive, maybe i was lucky to avoid them or i'm not well aware of it. But for me it's OK for serve return and block

This user has no status.
Wister said:
But i rarely thought that a rubber was spin sensitive, maybe i was lucky to avoid them or i'm not well aware of it

Well... since your profile says rakza 7, I'd say it's more that spin sensitivity doesn't bother you that much :)
mark V and rakza are among the rubbers I found out to be quite spin sensitive :)

Reactions: Wister
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
I noticed spin sensitivity is not mentioned in the review. That's one thing I really like about Mantra and Genesis II: they're not overly spin sensitive. Am I to understand because this has not been mentioned that this might be an issue with DNA?

They are talking about DNA being really good in the receive game, with excellent control. Also based on the short receives Truls is doing and the fact they said it's better than the other ESN rubbers on some balls in terms of spin - My conclusion would be that DNA is very non-spin sensitive, just like the previous stiga rubbers.

says Looking for the BH killer shot
says Looking for the BH killer shot
Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
Sorry. But is this really possible? I never ever had a rubber that a) generates a tremendous amount of spin and b) is not sensitive to incoming spin. How would this be technically possible?
In order to generate spin, the rubber needs to grab the ball and convert the incoming spin to energy and then release this energy again to generate spin. If the rubber is not sensitive to spin (aka anti) then it simply reflects the ball, without the conversion. Which is why one is unable to generate spin with an anti rubber.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Sorry. But is this really possible? I never ever had a rubber that a) generates a tremendous amount of spin and b) is not sensitive to incoming spin. How would this be technically possible?
In order to generate spin, the rubber needs to grab the ball and convert the incoming spin to energy and then release this energy again to generate spin. If the rubber is not sensitive to spin (aka anti) then it simply reflects the ball, without the conversion. Which is why one is unable to generate spin with an anti rubber.

Every time I hear someone claiming a rubber has tremendous spin yet is spin insensitive, I roll my eyes. I think this statement is practically useless without mentioning a benchmark rubber to compare with and additional explanations. I don't think Rubber A can be more spinny than Rubber B while being less sensitive to spin.

The only reason I can think of is if we modify that statement to say Rubber A can generate more spin on a very high quality stroke. I assume this might apply to a series of very hard 50 degree ESN rubbers where you can generate a lot of spin under the right condition (when your footwork is perfectly in place and deliver a very high quality stroke digging into the sponge), but the rubber itself is not very sensitive to spin because its topsheet is not tacky like Chinese rubber and it doesn't bounce as much compared to its softer sponge versions.

People shouldn't be thinking "Oh there is this Rubber A that I can generate more spin than Rubber B 100% of the time and it is also less spin sensitive than Rubber B."

Last edited:
Reactions: bricec