Choosing equipments based on my style

This user has no status.
Ah :( the shop only have 2.2 mm it seems..

2.2mm is MAX right? Do you have reason why telling me 2.0? What will be the difference?

39 degree is kind of medium hard right?
What about the europe vega? What degree?

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Max sponge thickness can be anything above 2.0mm, as long as the combined thickness of the sponge and topsheet does not exceed 4.0mm. In other words, it depends on each brand and rubber. You don't want it too thick because you need to hit hard using it and you don't want to too thin because it doesn't provide power when you hit hard. 2.0mm is a safe choice if you don't know what to get.
H3 comes in 3 hardness 39, 40 and 41. I don't know which one mid hard is but do start with the 39 one.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Max sponge thickness can be anything above 2.0mm, as long as the combined thickness of the sponge and topsheet does not exceed 4.0mm. In other words, it depends on each brand and rubber. You don't want it too thick because you need to hit hard using it and you don't want to too thin because it doesn't provide power when you hit hard. 2.0mm is a safe choice if you don't know what to get.
H3 comes in 3 hardness 39, 40 and 41. I don't know which one mid hard is but do start with the 39 one.
Which one you recommend to me? H3 or yinhe Jupiter II

Also, which H3? I saw it has "national", etc

This user has no status.
Which one you recommend to me? H3 or yinhe Jupiter II

Also, which H3? I saw it has "national", etc

I don't have the knowledge and experience to give you a detailed description of the two. However, it does not make a significant difference since you can improve your techniques with both. Although, I understand that it is not a satisfying answers so if you really want to know which one looks better to you, read reviews, blogs, comments to find out, if you don't mind the hassle.

Commercial, provincial and national just means the quality control/consistency in ascending order but it can also mean that a commercial can be as good as a national by chance.
If it is financially sustainable( i.e. you rich), why not for the national.
Note that "national" does NOT mean that it is used by the chinese national team.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
As far as my knowledge goes there is bazilion version of H3 and most of them (non domestic to china) are not so good. From what I've read mostly provincial and national versions are worth keeping for longer. On the contrary you can buy Jupiter 2 from Alliexpress for ~11$ +/- 2$ with standard shipping. I've chosen the Jupiter 2. I've been playing with it for about 2-3 weeks. It definitely has that "demanding hard chinese" rubber factor. It will highlight every impurity in your technique same as hurricane would. If you won't play stroke fully ball will not be placed were you wanted, but if you have proper technique it will be magnificent experience. It's hard, fast and spinny.

Another thing I can say about Jupiter 2 is that it accumulates dust as heck and it has intensive smell. I clean my Jupiter every practice whereas it's usually enough to clean my Big Dipper every 2-3 days.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
I don't have the knowledge and experience to give you a detailed description of the two. However, it does not make a significant difference since you can improve your techniques with both. Although, I understand that it is not a satisfying answers so if you really want to know which one looks better to you, read reviews, blogs, comments to find out, if you don't mind the hassle.
Ahahaha sure it is [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23], I'm getting more and more confused the more I ask, read, and do research about this.

Maybe this is my final..err...decision. Please let me know what's your opinion and tips with these settings

Xiom Offensive S
Yinhe Jupiter II (hardness 39 or 40? Maybe will start with 39..but how thick?)
Xiom Vega Europe (err..what hardness? 37? 2.0mm?)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
As far as my knowledge goes there is bazilion version of H3 and most of them (non domestic to china) are not so good. From what I've read mostly provincial and national versions are worth keeping for longer. On the contrary you can buy Jupiter 2 from Alliexpress for ~11$ +/- 2$ with standard shipping. I've chosen the Jupiter 2. I've been playing with it for about 2-3 weeks. It definitely has that "demanding hard chinese" rubber factor. It will highlight every impurity in your technique same as hurricane would. If you won't play stroke fully ball will not be placed were you wanted, but if you have proper technique it will be magnificent experience. It's hard, fast and spinny.

Another thing I can say about Jupiter 2 is that it accumulates dust as heck and it has intensive smell. I clean my Jupiter every practice whereas it's usually enough to clean my Big Dipper every 2-3 days.
Well okay, I'll try yinhe

Yknow, my current racket (dhs 4002) also smelly! And it catches a lot of dust :( mygod...

What do i need to buy? For the cleansing and maintaining my equipments.

Foam rubber cleaner and sponge?

I want to keep my future new equipment clean also hehe

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
For cleaning I use something like rossmann.pl/Produkt/Pojemniki-podrozne/Inter-Vion-butelka-z-atomizerem-na-kosmetyki-do-bagazu-podrecznego-poj-100-ml-1-szt,239519,8777 filled with water. I apply super thin layer of water so the dust comes off the rubber and hangs in the water then i swipe it with my forearm. After a check that there are no dust left I wiggle it around till it becomes dry, then I do the same to protective sheet supplied with the rubber. When both are dry I put the protective sheet on the bat. No need for special sponges.

Edit: Good rule of thumb is that if your protector stays on the rubber without too many bubbles. You've done a good job.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Ahahaha sure it is [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23], I'm getting more and more confused the more I ask, read, and do research about this.

Maybe this is my final..err...decision. Please let me know what's your opinion and tips with these settings

Xiom Offensive S
Yinhe Jupiter II (hardness 39 or 40? Maybe will start with 39..but how thick?)
Xiom Vega Europe (err..what hardness? 37? 2.0mm?)

I haven't used and Xiom things or even did much research into it. So like I said in the beginning, I can't help much on choosing your equipments.
But if there is one thing you need to read it is https://pingsunday.com/
I find this website very helpful on explaining confusing topic in table tennis, for example, difference between ESN(Eu/jap) and Chinese rubbers, what forehand rubbers to get, what backhand rubbers to get and more. Don't take specific advice too seriously (like which rubbers he recommends) but he explains some general principles very well.

https://pingsunday.com/chinese-rubber-vs-european-rubber/

https://pingsunday.com/dhs-hurricane-3-rubber-boosted-or-not/

https://pingsunday.com/best-forehand-rubbers-table-tennis/

https://pingsunday.com/choose-best-backhand-rubber/

https://pingsunday.com/top-10-table-tennis-blades-excellent-quality/

Or watch his YouTube channel... Which should be easier than reading.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Ah :( the shop only have 2.2 mm it seems..

2.2mm is MAX right? Do you have reason why telling me 2.0? What will be the difference?

39 degree is kind of medium hard right?
What about the europe vega? What degree?

Tacky Chinese rubbers typically have very hard sponges. The reason is because they are designed for "brush looping" to create spin instead of a traditional rubber where you would just hit the ball hard deep into the rubber and sponge to generate spin.

39 degree Chinese rubber is around 51-52 degrees on the European scale. Most of the popular medium hard sponges used for European and Japanese rubber (MX-P, Tenergy 05, etc...) is around 47-48 degrees European scale.

Xiom Vega Europe is I think 42 degrees on the European scale, which is common for backhand rubber where you can't hit as hard.

The Xiom Offensive S blade should work okay. Think of it as medium flex / speed / control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Tacky Chinese rubbers typically have very hard sponges. The reason is because they are designed for "brush looping" to create spin instead of a traditional rubber where you would just hit the ball hard deep into the rubber and sponge to generate spin.

39 degree Chinese rubber is around 51-52 degrees on the European scale. Most of the popular medium hard sponges used for European and Japanese rubber (MX-P, Tenergy 05, etc...) is around 47-48 degrees European scale.

Xiom Vega Europe is I think 42 degrees on the European scale, which is common for backhand rubber where you can't hit as hard.

The Xiom Offensive S blade should work okay. Think of it as medium flex / speed / control.
Does Yinhe Jupiter II kind of "tacky"?

Maybe I'll buy jupiter (39 degree) for my forehand and euro 2.0mm (hopefully I can grt 2.0mm) for backhand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
I haven't used and Xiom things or even did much research into it. So like I said in the beginning, I can't help much on choosing your equipments.
But if there is one thing you need to read it is https://pingsunday.com/
I find this website very helpful on explaining confusing topic in table tennis, for example, difference between ESN(Eu/jap) and Chinese rubbers, what forehand rubbers to get, what backhand rubbers to get and more. Don't take specific advice too seriously (like which rubbers he recommends) but he explains some general principles very well.

https://pingsunday.com/chinese-rubber-vs-european-rubber/

https://pingsunday.com/dhs-hurricane-3-rubber-boosted-or-not/

https://pingsunday.com/best-forehand-rubbers-table-tennis/

https://pingsunday.com/choose-best-backhand-rubber/

https://pingsunday.com/top-10-table-tennis-blades-excellent-quality/

Or watch his YouTube channel... Which should be easier than reading.
Sure! I like "rules of thumb"

Thanks for the reference. I'll see it later

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
For cleaning I use something like rossmann.pl/Produkt/Pojemniki-podrozne/Inter-Vion-butelka-z-atomizerem-na-kosmetyki-do-bagazu-podrecznego-poj-100-ml-1-szt,239519,8777 filled with water. I apply super thin layer of water so the dust comes off the rubber and hangs in the water then i swipe it with my forearm. After a check that there are no dust left I wiggle it around till it becomes dry, then I do the same to protective sheet supplied with the rubber. When both are dry I put the protective sheet on the bat. No need for special sponges.

Edit: Good rule of thumb is that if your protector stays on the rubber without too many bubbles. You've done a good job.
So, I need to buy rubber protector right?

Like this picture?

How to use it? I mean, we just use it to protect it from dust etc when we're not using it right? (When we keep them)
bcdb62b395caa0d0e243f3c492c5abf2.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Ah almost forgot, I just use "regular" glue for my aforementioned setting right? Doesn't need speed glue or anything weird right?
I can also sealing the blade right?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Higher end Yinhe rubbers come with protectors, Jupiter 2 included, so you don't have to buy them. (at least mine had) Water Based glue is only glue you need. More over you don't have to apply glue to rubber some times. Check wether your rubber has white stuff on the sponge (most of Yinhe max tense pre-tuned rubbers do). I've bought Jupiter 2 and Big Dipper, both of them were pre-tuned, both of them had white misty substance on the sponge and I put glue only to the blade. It's bin a little bit more than a month and rubber won't budge from the blade. (and I play everyday for an hour + some extra 2h training a week).

When it comes to sponge thickness it's about 2.1mm according to alliexpress sellers. I've played with 729 Super FX 1.8mm and I actually prefer 2.1mm Jupiter. When switching, only major thing I noticed is that thicker sponges require more positive input in strokes which makes passive play harder, although the ball seem to have more power and brushing seem to be easier.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
BTW Speed glue is illegal. You may meant booster which is also illegal but a lot of people use it. Then yes, this rubber would benefit from booster. But most of rubbers I've seen on allie were factory booste and boosting factory boosted rubber would a bit troublesome. You would have to scrub factory applied glue which i mentioned before. Here is some information about both boosting and yinhe factory boost glue https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...ed-as-boosters&p=125751&viewfull=1#post125751

TL;DR
So if you are like me, a person who is about intermediate level who wants a Chinese tacky forehand rubber, then bare stock factory tuned Yinhe Jupiter 2 is more than enough. If you play with it and decide that's it's too slow then you can always unglue it and apply the booster.