Donic Baracuda/Big Slam vs. Tibhar Evo EL-S/FX-S

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Hi guys.
Someday i tested some rubbers and get sticked to Baracuda, cuz open up any ball was so easy. Also I like the mediocre speed so I can put in my power.
After testing G1 I want to go back. I feel like I can't play out the full potential of this hard rubber all the time.
Now Baracuda is an old rubber. I am thinking about getting something similar but newer (and hopefully better?) Technology if available. I think about the both mentioned Evos in compare to Baracuda/BS.
Anyone can say smth to this?

Thanks in advance :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Btw my blade is Grubba All+.
I switch back from Korbel. I don't need that speed right now but the lose of confidence affect my play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hi guys.
Someday i tested some rubbers and get sticked to Baracuda, cuz open up any ball was so easy. Also I like the mediocre speed so I can put in my power.
After testing G1 I want to go back. I feel like I can't play out the full potential of this hard rubber all the time.
Now Baracuda is an old rubber. I am thinking about getting something similar but newer (and hopefully better?) Technology if available. I think about the both mentioned Evos in compare to Baracuda/BS.
Anyone can say smth to this?

Thanks in advance :)

Based on what you describe, Baracuda sounds like a good rubber for you. Why mess with that?

ELS and FXS might be fine. But Baracuda is a great rubber even if it is an older generation rubber. I say you should think about sticking with what works for you.

This user has no status.
[QUOTE = iamsan; 292.580] Ciao ragazzi.
Un giorno ho provato alcune gomme e ottenere sticked a Baracuda, Cuz aprire qualsiasi palla era così facile. Inoltre mi piace la velocità mediocre così posso mettere in mio potere.
Dopo aver testato G1 voglio tornare indietro. Mi sento come se non riesco a giocare fuori tutto il potenziale di questa gomma dura per tutto il tempo.
Ora Baracuda è una vecchia gomma. Sto pensando di ottenere qualcosa di simile, ma più recente (e, si spera migliore?) La tecnologia, se disponibile. Penso ai Evos entrambi citati nel paragonare a Baracuda / BS.
Chiunque può dire si dovrebbe occupare di questo?

Grazie in anticipo :)[/ QUOTE]
Hexer grip the same hard but more modern and many grip

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Hi guys. Thanks for your reply.
I'm gonna try out the C1 on forehand. Currently I do have it on my other (faster) blade as backhand.

I asked for the Evos because they are kinda hyped in my awareness while baracuda seems to be forgotten with all the new and hard rubbers. Also Baracuda seemed to be T05 competitor while now EL-S seems to be the hottest one. On Backhand there is also seems to be similarity between T05fx, FX-S and maybe the Big Slam.

I guess I am gonna stick to baracuda which was always great for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
[QUOTE = iamsan; 292.580] Ciao ragazzi.
Un giorno ho provato alcune gomme e ottenere sticked a Baracuda, Cuz aprire qualsiasi palla era così facile. Inoltre mi piace la velocità mediocre così posso mettere in mio potere.
Dopo aver testato G1 voglio tornare indietro. Mi sento come se non riesco a giocare fuori tutto il potenziale di questa gomma dura per tutto il tempo.
Ora Baracuda è una vecchia gomma. Sto pensando di ottenere qualcosa di simile, ma più recente (e, si spera migliore?) La tecnologia, se disponibile. Penso ai Evos entrambi citati nel paragonare a Baracuda / BS.
Chiunque può dire si dovrebbe occupare di questo?

Grazie in anticipo :)[/ QUOTE]
Hexer grip the same hard but more modern and many grip

Did you try both rubbers? Is it effortless switching from one to the other?
Hexer grip and Baracuda Big Slam should have similar hardness. Powergrip and Baracuda are maybe closer in hardness.
I have tried Big Slam briefly and liked its ratio of speed/spin (slowish but spinny).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
C1 is a good idea. Softer sponge than G1 will be more forgiving on open ups. Can also try the softer top sheet approach with Hexer Powergrip. Or both softer sponge and topsheet with Hexer Grip or FXS. All good rubbers.

FastArc C-1 is not that much slower compared to FastArc G-1. The difference is quite subtle.

I've recently tried DNA Pro M and I find it quite uncontrollable compared to FastArc G-1 so I find the recommendation to go for DNA Pro H quite entertaining.

Depends on who is using it. I gave it to a kid (who before went to become a national champion on his age group) and he is able to use it well, he was also using Joola Rhyzer 50 before which i also gave him.