Donic rubbers durability

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Hey guys. So, I saw a lot of good reviews done by website about donic rubbers. But I also see a lot of negativity on their durability. How true is that?

The Donic Tensor (in this case meaning the trademark, not the style of rubbers, sicne Tensor is becoming an often used synonym) rubbers are manufactured at ESN in Germany. The same goes for all Tensor rubbers from all brands. There is no obvious reason for Donic rubbers to be less durable. If it was the case over the years, wouldn´t they have done something about it? Or would they do it delibaretely, wouldn´t be very clever either if it was noticeable, would it?

So, and this is my personal experience also, there is no evidence that Donic rubbers are less durable than others.

For me their druability is really less. Only in the startbof bluestorm that the quality and performance got better. Even the bluefire series and acuda series lose their elasticity and bounciness after a month and that is faster than other brands.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
From what I have experienced with the M1 and jp01 turbo, the durability is really bad. compared to something like a tenergy or even rakza, the topsheet just goes bad after a month or two (the topsheet is no longer as grippy) but the rubber performance overall isn't bad, but I think there are other rubbers with better durablility while having the same performance.

This user has no status.
From what I have experienced with the M1 and jp01 turbo, the durability is really bad. compared to something like a tenergy or even rakza, the topsheet just goes bad after a month or two (the topsheet is no longer as grippy) but the rubber performance overall isn't bad, but I think there are other rubbers with better durablility while having the same performance.

Example?

A friend of mine who was a former national team member destroyed an acuda s2 in 3 days but was not able to replicate the same thing with a P7 Adidas rubber. She used it for much longer. That is why I am saying Acuda series quality sucks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
MX-P is good just heavy.xiom has a little different charactaristics but their rubbers are verry durable and high performing. tenergy is ideal. I have heard andro is the same just better durability (not too sure though). Overall, I don't think there is a huge difference from rubber to rubber, as long as you make sure it is a tensor type rubber and has the same hardness.

This user has no status.
Guys I know this is irrelevant but just bought my third ever tt racket and I'm so excited about it :)))
I have to say without the help of each and everyone of you (specially yogi who made sure I don't become an ej!) I wouldn't have been able to do it. So excited to see what it does in a practice session

Hl5 blade
Fh: mx-p
Bh:el-s

Reactions: yogi_bear
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
One of the coaches at my club plays with a slab of Baracuda that's many years old. He's not changing it, because of damage to the blade after edge hits; the blade's likely to fall apart upon removal.

Anyway, it's still spinny as hell. His loops are quite hard to block, and he does it with high consistency and good power. His pushes are also dripping with spin when he chooses to.

It's not a fast rubber. I don't like it all that much for things like blocks and counters. But I would say it certainly seems durable to me.

There's this nagging thought. I have very old Sriver sheets (30+ years) that play well. Yet whenever I glue on a fresh sheet of Sriver for somebody these days, it becomes utterly unusable in a couple of months. This makes me believe there's a difference.

Pretty much the same lack of longevity is what I see for pretty much any rubber I glue on. Not just for myself, I glue for lots of people. Sheets of Rakza 7, of EL-S, of MX-P, that barely last two months before degrading noticably. Even Tenergy 05, that used to last a bit longer, now seems to go stale and slippy in a month or three.

And somehow this situation doesn't seem to be improving. Quite the contrary. If true it's a trend that I think should be turned. There's no such thing as infinite resources.

Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
My Butterfly Bryce rubbers became plastic after 10 years. How can a rubber that durable? Are you guys using spicial stuff to do that?

Can't speak for others, but what I do is nothing special. Clean rubbers after playing with a few drops of water, wiped off very gently, and make sure my gear is stored in a closed bag or box in room conditions.

New Sriver turns to plastic within a year, at least, that's what I've seen happen. Old Sriver lasts well, remains its elasticity. Back in the day, a sheet of Mark V would last a couple of years, effectively until you damaged it too much in gameplay.

I simply do not know why the currently produced rubbers lose their grip and their elasticity this fast, yet my anecdotal evidence (with a sample size in the low hundreds) does make me think something's changed, materialwise, that seriously affects durability in a negative way.

Reactions: KM1976
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Can't speak for others, but what I do is nothing special. Clean rubbers after playing with a few drops of water, wiped off very gently, and make sure my gear is stored in a closed bag or box in room conditions.

New Sriver turns to plastic within a year, at least, that's what I've seen happen. Old Sriver lasts well, remains its elasticity. Back in the day, a sheet of Mark V would last a couple of years, effectively until you damaged it too much in gameplay.

I simply do not know why the currently produced rubbers lose their grip and their elasticity this fast, yet my anecdotal evidence (with a sample size in the low hundreds) does make me think something's changed, materialwise, that seriously affects durability in a negative way.

Maybe it's got to do with the mix of natural vs synthetical rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
For me their druability is really less. Only in the startbof bluestorm that the quality and performance got better. Even the bluefire series and acuda series lose their elasticity and bounciness after a month and that is faster than other brands.

Isn’t that one month thing the booster going away on the bluefire?
I felt I had more control after 2 weeks or something on the M2. I guessed it was the booster loosing its effect.

On the Acuda Blue series I felt no difference at all in months.

Anyways, what would be the most similar rubber to Bluefire outside Donic?

Last edited:
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
If rubbers would last for years now then companies would go bankrupt. At the end of the day, it is still business.

I would not mind that at all. Less companies, less product, less churn, and less of the world's scarce resources going to waste rapidly makes up for an equation in which us humans could last a little bit longer.

"It's business" isn't a valid reason, in the end. Survival needs trump business wants.

Reactions: jammmail