Donic rubbers durability

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
For me I think evo is similar

Cool! There is a ton of them, do you know which ones would be closer to M2/M3?

To add to your original question:
There are two players at my club that use Bluestorm on one side and Rakza (7 and 9) on the other side. The Rakzas look like new while the Bluestorms are looking like that tire you don’t want the police to see you are still using.
That is pretty sad, since I like Donic rubbers a lot.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Cool! There is a ton of them, do you know which ones would be closer to M2/M3?

For M3, I would safely suggest FX-P.
For the M2, it´s a bit more difficult since there is no Evolution rubber with a 42,5 degree sponge. You could try FX-S but I am not sure about the characteristics. You might also want to try something like GEWO Hype 42,5 EL, as I think this series is not so far away from Evo/bluefire/Rasant.

Reactions: lVegita
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
One of the coaches at my club plays with a slab of Baracuda that's many years old. He's not changing it, because of damage to the blade after edge hits; the blade's likely to fall apart upon removal.

Anyway, it's still spinny as hell. His loops are quite hard to block, and he does it with high consistency and good power. His pushes are also dripping with spin when he chooses to.

It's not a fast rubber. I don't like it all that much for things like blocks and counters. But I would say it certainly seems durable to me.

There's this nagging thought. I have very old Sriver sheets (30+ years) that play well. Yet whenever I glue on a fresh sheet of Sriver for somebody these days, it becomes utterly unusable in a couple of months. This makes me believe there's a difference.

Pretty much the same lack of longevity is what I see for pretty much any rubber I glue on. Not just for myself, I glue for lots of people. Sheets of Rakza 7, of EL-S, of MX-P, that barely last two months before degrading noticably. Even Tenergy 05, that used to last a bit longer, now seems to go stale and slippy in a month or three.

And somehow this situation doesn't seem to be improving. Quite the contrary. If true it's a trend that I think should be turned. There's no such thing as infinite resources.

Greta Thunberg is your girl. How dare you!

Thank you so much, market economy! Planned obsolescence!