Stiga Rosewood nct vii

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hi,

Has anyone tried stiga rosewood nct vii blade. How is the control, feeling and speed of the blade? If anyone has tried it please give me your feedback.

Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Hi Guni,

Yes I've tried it.

Control: As always is subjective. I find it a bit springy, moderately flexible, non-linear, so -1 for control in my criteria (I like predicable linear blades).

Feeling: Hard on the outside, soft on the inside. Springy and flexible (relative to a clipper, stiff if you are coming from something like Primorac). Slight hollow/matchbox-like feel (Low density), although better than the Ebenholz. Sharp on low impact, soft on smashing. "Catch and throw" feel, slightly trampoline-like. Overall very crisp/crunchy, but plays softer than you would expect.

Speed: Using the clipper as comparison (5 on a 1-10), low impact speed: 7, high impact speed: 4

How would you describe your playstyle and equipment-matching requirements? I would say the rosewood is suited to close-to-the-table spin oriented players. Quick and bouncy short play, but lacks top end power.

Reactions: splasher78
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I'm curious yogi_bear as to what makes the newer metal logo version better quality wise, can you elaborate more (with proof)? There is a previous thread regarding this very topic and I don't think there is that much if any, a difference between the two. I have the "older" non-metal logo version but can't compare because I don't have access to the newer one. As for the NCT coating, were there problems with the non-metal logo versions that alerted STIGA to make the NCT coating thinner? I've had no problems at all glueing my rubbers on the 1st time using just one layer on both blade and rubbers and they haven't peeled off at the edges either. I play at least 2-3x a week at minimum 2hrs or more per session and I absolutely LOVE how this blade performs. If you can provide valid proof that the newer metal logo version is better, then I will delete my response and contact STIGA immediately regarding quality issues and an inferior product. IMHO I think that's just a myth. I'm aware of one rosewood blade separating at the plies upon leaving the factory brand new, (again another thread here on TTD) but as far as newer metal logo version being better? I'd be surprised. Please enlighten me.

Don't stress out too much about it. If you love how your blade performs, then just accept it is perfect for you. Batch variations, different tags, all are futile thoughts.

FYI, I like my varnish nice and thick. Adds a certain amount of crispness to my shots. I've put as much as 5 layers on some of my blades.

Last edited:
Reactions: splasher78
Don't stress out too much about it. If you love how your blade performs, then just accept it is perfect for you. Batch variations, different tags, all are futile thoughts.

FYI, I like my varnish nice and thick. Adds a certain amount of crispness to my shots. I've put as much as 5 layers on some of my blades.
I totally agree with you Lasta. I'm not stressing too much at all about it :). Just curious to know how this "metal vs plastic logo" difference came about. I'm always open to learning new things that's what makes table tennis so fascinating to me is that, I can never stop learning! Whether it has to do with technique, strategy, equipment, etc. one can never stop growing. Thanks for the input!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Which rubbers go well with this blade? It is a hard blade or medium? So should i go with hard rubbers or medium ones?

I'm curious yogi_bear as to what makes the newer metal logo version better quality wise, can you elaborate more (with proof)? There is a previous thread regarding this very topic and I don't think there is that much if any, a difference between the two. I have the "older" non-metal logo version but can't compare because I don't have access to the newer one. As for the NCT coating, were there problems with the non-metal logo versions that alerted STIGA to make the NCT coating thinner? I've had no problems at all glueing my rubbers on the 1st time using just one layer on both blade and rubbers and they haven't peeled off at the edges either. I play at least 2-3x a week at minimum 2hrs or more per session and I absolutely LOVE how this blade performs. If you can provide valid proof that the newer metal logo version is better, then I will delete my response and contact STIGA immediately regarding quality issues and an inferior product. IMHO I think that's just a myth. I'm aware of one rosewood blade separating at the plies upon leaving the factory brand new, (again another thread here on TTD) but as far as newer metal logo version being better? I'd be surprised. Please enlighten me.

The finish with the metal logo is much finer. The very thick nct coating before made it difficult for some to glue the rubbers. Try to look for old and new rosewoods online and compare their finish, you will see what i am talking about. I have both owned both plastic and metal logo nct woods before and i mean all of them so that is why i am sure of it.

Try to go in the store and compare your old rw 7. You seem to jump to conclusions that it is aboyt quality control. You are very wrong. Stiga updated their blades with metal logo and the hardwood series were upgraded and also the quality finish of their blades improved also. I have provides older posts on this in both here and mytt.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hi,

Why dont many players use this blade? Moreover, what will be the benefits of this blade over blades like viscaria, long 5. Will i get more control? I was interested in this blade cz i just love the way it looks and it is on heavy discount on tt11.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Does it pair better with hard esn rubbers, tenergy 05 or well boosted hurricane 3 on the forehand?
Because rw5 has some flex and i am more of a looper. To be fair, both rw5 and rw7 are best selling blades in China.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Because rw5 has some flex and i am more of a looper. To be fair, both rw5 and rw7 are best selling blades in China.
yogi why do you think stiga nct 7 blades dont have spruce on the 2nd layer of their 7ply nct blades, while it think all their nct v have spruce on their 2nd layer of their blades? i have ask this because i prefer 7plys blades that have spruce on the 2nd layers of the ply.

Sent from my Redmi 6A using Tapatalk

yogi why do you think stiga nct 7 blades dont have spruce on the 2nd layer of their 7ply nct blades, while it think all their nct v have spruce on their 2nd layer of their blades? i have ask this because i prefer 7plys blades that have spruce on the 2nd layers of the ply.

Sent from my Redmi 6A using Tapatalk

Speculation only, probably becauwe it would make the feel of the blade too stiff or hard.

Does it pair better with hard esn rubbers, tenergy 05 or well boosted hurricane 3 on the forehand?

I have seen playera use very hard rubbers, both esn and chinese on the rw7. I used to use Hurricane 3 in the RW7.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
hey yogi,
I have tried carbonado 90. How would you compare rw7 with that? Does it have similar speed and same kind of stiff feeling and lower throw? Please advice.
I have seen playera use very hard rubbers, both esn and chinese on the rw7. I used to use Hurricane 3 in the RW7.