Questions about aliexpress

This user has no status.
_20191024_200446.jpg
1.Are they legit? Can't find comments on them online.

2.How would you use the percentage of positive feedback to avoid dodgy sellers? for example how high does it have it have to be for you to consider it as legit? What is the range for slightly dodgy? What % is too dodgy?

3.Is aliexpress only good for buying Chinese products? I have seen people saying that it is hard to find legit non-Chinese products such as Jap/eur rubbers.

Thank you for any help.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I use them all the time to buy all sorts of things (not just TT stuff). Never had a problem. Rubber usually gets shipped to my house in the US around 10 days later. I generally buy Yinhe, Palio, and JOOLA rubber from AliExpress.

(Most of the sellers I have bought from have close to perfect ratings though). My experience with eacheng.net has also been good.

Reactions: nivekkan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Reactions: Simas and nivekkan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Is 97% low? but 95% definitely seems low to me.

2% difference doesn't seem a lot. Also I'm pretty sure neither 97 nor 95% do not show the real situation. Sellers use a lot of questionable and shady practices to boost it. At least when buying at Amazon Chrome has some pretty nice plugins that analyze ratings and reviews and show how close to truth they seem to be. Maybe there are some for Aliexpress too

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
i have bought at those store you posted beo, burn and playa store table tennis equiments, but not all the time aliexpress is cheaper than other online stores, sample is my stiga nostalgic 7 i just bought, i got it at $72 u.s dollar at tt11 with discount and coupon voucher plus free shipping, stores from aliexpress price this at more than $90 u.s dollar.

Sent from my Redmi 6A using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Send a PM to Iskandar Taib on OOAK forums. BTW, is it against the rules to refer someone off-site?

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Send a PM to Iskandar Taib on OOAK forums. BTW, is it against the rules to refer someone off-site?

Iskandar Taib is good people. Not a problem to refer outside TTDaily.

But Iskandar is a TTD member too. He doesn't post much. But he has posted a few times. About as many times as I post on Ooak. But he can be PMed through TTDaily or you can go to Ooak where he spends most of his time.

Being helpful to someone by connecting them to someone who is not on this site will always be fine.

Reactions: Simas and lasta
This user has no status.
i have bought at those store you posted beo, burn and playa store table tennis equiments, but not all the time aliexpress is cheaper than other online stores, sample is my stiga nostalgic 7 i just bought, i got it at $72 u.s dollar at tt11 with discount and coupon voucher plus free shipping, stores from aliexpress price this at more than $90 u.s dollar.

Sent from my Redmi 6A using Tapatalk

Ture. So basically only buy it when prices are similar.
Too expensive? Buy from tt11. Too cheap? It must be Fake.
However, I thinking some of the Chinese TT equipments can be cheaper while still being real. Not sure about cheap non-chinese equipment though. Probably fake.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What do you mean? Is it a reply to the original post?

There is a member called Iskandar Taib who posts mostly on a different TT forum called OOAK forum who would probably have good info for you on good sellers from Ali Express. I believe that is what Lasta meant. I will see if I can reach out to him to post in your thread.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
2% difference doesn't seem a lot. Also I'm pretty sure neither 97 nor 95% do not show the real situation. Sellers use a lot of questionable and shady practices to boost it. At least when buying at Amazon Chrome has some pretty nice plugins that analyze ratings and reviews and show how close to truth they seem to be. Maybe there are some for Aliexpress too

found the plugin(s) I was talking about the Amazon: one is Keepa -it draws a price/time graph on Amazon webpage and you see if the price was raised, is on sale and so on. I use it all the time. Another one is ReviewMeta -checks how genuine the reviews seem to be (I use it from time to time). I hope someone will find them useful :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Someone sent me a PM to post here about AliExpress. I'll cover some of the stuff mentioned above.

1) A good deal? Certainly for Chinese stuff. Definitely not for European stuff - you CAN get Andro, Stiga stuff etc. but it's often MORE expensive than European stores. I do like that all packets are tracked, I've not lost any table tennis stuff in the mail. Here, untracked packages usually just disappear (someone at the post office steals them). It does take 3 weeks or more to arrive, of course.

2) Genuine items? Depends on the items. If you see any Butterfly Viscaria or Nittaku Violin blades for $20 those are most assuredly fake. On the other hand, that Sanwei M8 blade (my favorite) is most definitely real. I mean, what's the point of counterfeiting a $8 blade?? (Though I have come across counterfeits, er, copies, of cheap 80 cent model gliders.) I did order a fake Butterfly Primorac blade in the past (only after they put it on discount for $8) - it played OK but I've no idea what a real Primorac blade is like so I've no idea if it was anything like the real thing. Similarly, I bought a fake Tenergy 05 (again, only after they dropped the price from $16 to $7) - THAT was unusable. It was literally like fast anti. Don't know what they were thinking - I was expecting something like 729. The fake blades and fake Tenergy seem to have disappeared over the last couple years, and you'd NEVER find them at the "good" stores. One thing though... NEVER NEVER NEVER buy memory products (USB drives, SD cards) on AliExpress. It's GUARANTEED you'll get a fake one.. usually a "64 Gigabyte" one that takes about 500 megabytes and then the rest of what you store is corrupt. I went crazy the first year and bought three or four on a 11-11 sale. On the bright side I got ALL my money back. It seems they'll side with the customer if you file a complaint.

3) Specific stores? The "go to" stores are the ones set up by Eacheng (of eacheng.net fame). Most of the stuff I bought came from these. Last I checked, there's SEVEN of them. If you search for "Yinhe 9000" the stores that sell the 2-in-1 generic packs are Eachengs. Note the prices are all different.. it pays to search for the item to figure out which store has the best price. To complicate things even more, Eacheng runs two accounts on ebay (China Friend, and another I can't remember - they sell more or less the same stuff) and they're also on Amazon. I think they're also on German ebay, French ebay, etc. with different accounts. It's all the same company. Everything they sell is genuine - but what I love is the non-standard or non-official stuff. Those 2-in-1 packs of Yinhe 9000 for instance. Or 729 Super FX with the large pore sponge. And they've got some really weird, obsolete stuff, a lot that are no longer ITTF approved, or were too early to have an ITTF logo. Most of these are OX pips sheets - for example Yung 63-9A with the mushroom pips. And some obsolete Hallmark and Avalox sheets. I don't know if the Hallmark sheets are frictionless - I've heard the real thing were treated at the factory by coating the tips of the pips with epoxy and these haven't been treated yet. As to the stores mentioned in the original post - I've no idea about Selective, never bought from them. But Burn and BEO seem OK - BEO always has the best prices on DHS D40+ balls (I like the 2 color ones by the way). The other store I've bought a lot from is XVT (two stores). Can't vouch for all their stuff, but it seems OK so far. They have a LOT of own-brand and weird brand blades (and a good price on the M8, so I've bought a number of those from them). I've also bought a small amount of stuff from China Ping Pong and Playa. Also seem OK. Playa sells something interesting - custom blades for $75 and down. You get to choose the wood from several choices (e.g. Viscaria, Clipper, Inner ZLC), the handle pieces, decorations, and you can even get your picture on the butt of the handle Ma Long style. No, I've never tried this service. Look under "DIY TT Rackets". They also sell some questionable stuff, namely "Chinese national team" specific "personal rubbers" (of Ma Long et al.) and most interestingly one of Ma Long's personal blades (they want $2,500 for it..). Some of the smaller stores are "siblings" - like the Eacheng stores, they're actually set up by the same company or same people, and you can tell after comparing them. Can't remember any at the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure I've come across at least two or three cases.

Iskandar

Last edited:
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
This is comprehensive. It almost deserves a Rule.

This user has no status.
I bought a custom Hurricane Hao with a different handle from Playa Ping Pong. It plays beautifully. A little fish scaly on the top ply.
Compared it to a friends real one. Different rubbers, but both ESN. His was 3g lighter, but the feel was really close in my opinion.

I like it.

received_307576219920718.jpgIMG_20191027_100334_2.jpg

I have bought a lot on AliExpress. I stuck to the bigger stores. Haven't had any problems at all. Only Chinese brands.