Questions about aliexpress

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I bought a custom Hurricane Hao with a different handle from Playa Ping Pong. It plays beautifully.
A few moro photos and a review? How long have you been playing with this blade? I can't see it on the store :|

EDIT: From curiosity I messaged playa about Xiom IceCream and they said they will be making clone in near future :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Friend has a 729 C-3 and it is fine. But Sanwei, XVT and YinHe blades also fit your description.
thanks for the info, i have a xvt 1ply hinoki ot plays well, good finish but too much vibration, i will just donate the blade this coming month, i saw a 729 x2 pro a stiga nostalgic replica at aliexpress, maybe i will try this if it will play just like my stiga nostalgic

Sent from my Redmi 6A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
The big name in "copy" blades was HRT/Huarite. In particular they had a Clipper that had the red outer core plies that was even called a Clipper (I had one, gave it to someone) and they made copies of all those Stiga hardwood blades (rosewood and ebony-faced blades). They seem to have gone downhill, though, the Clipper isn't available anymore. Some people claimed the HRT Clipper was better than the real thing.

729 blades? Probably hard to generalize - there's a LOT of them, not all are cheap. When I first got back into playing about four years ago I bought quite a few blades, the only 729s I bought were the (IIRC) A-1 and C-3. I think the A-1 had the cork middle layer, like the old Bomb (which I've never seen on AliExpress). Build quality is OK - but if you REALLY want nice build quality try Yinhe blades. My old N11 blades were amazing - you take off the shrink wrap and it's like tactile heaven - the top plies were absolutely mirror smooth. The newer N11s isn't AS nice surface wise but is built just as well. Much better than that Stiga Allround Classic I have (the lens sticks out about 0.5mm and isn't even level). Palio blades, though... not nearly as nice, but it's usually something like the brand label on the butt end being a little crooked, the wood being a little rough, etc.

I don't know about the fish scale business.. only time I came across it was when I saw that ttnpp was selling specially selected Viscaria blades with the fish scale for extra money. I was thinking at the the time that with a name like Viscaria (viscera) it should have something more in common with the INSIDE of the fish rather than the outside... As far as I can tell it's the grain pattern you get from quarter-sawn (or radially-sawn) wood. What modelers call C-grain when buying balsa. And what you SHOULD be getting when you buy a 1 ply hinoki blade.

Iskandar

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
I should add that Eacheng is very good if you want to specify the weight of blade, or if you want to order a matched pair, etc. You could even ask them to "send the lightest blade" and they will. I think you could also buy a blade and two sheets of rubber and they'll glue the sheets onto the blade if you ask them to do it. I've done the opposite - back when they were selling stuff by actual auctions on ebay I would win a "combo" item (which normally comes with the rubbers glued on). I asked them if they could send the blades and rubbers unattached and they said no problem. They do advertise a HUGE variety of combos, by the way.

Of the seven Eacheng stores I prefer "GH Sports" when just browsing for items - they organize things according to brand, and separate blades and rubbers. The other Eacheng stores might have a better price (sometimes a HUGELY better price - 1/2 or 1/3 in some cases) for a specific item at a given time, so I do a search before buying.

Iskandar

This user has no status.
Regarding 729. I mostly bought rubbers. Battle II is nice.
I've only bought one 729 blade. It was nothing special, but good considering the price.

Last week a friend of mine recieved his 729 Black Carbon. Unfortunately it was warped. But I guess you sometimes get what you pay for. He returned it with no problems.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
...On the bright side I got ALL my money back. It seems they'll side with the customer if you file a complaint.

Yes, I think you are right. If the order goes south, they do take the side of the customer. I didn't have issues with table tennis items (bought palio rubbers some time ago, DHS balls, some smaller items), but had a couple fake gadgets (the last thing was when I bought a knife sharpening system which had to be with diamond stones, but was with regular ones...) and after filing the complaint, it was sorted out favorably. So I wouldn't be too worried about buying there...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Regarding 729. I mostly bought rubbers. Battle II is nice.
I've only bought one 729 blade. It was nothing special, but good considering the price.

Last week a friend of mine recieved his 729 Black Carbon. Unfortunately it was warped. But I guess you sometimes get what you pay for. He returned it with no problems.

Wow! I can't ever remember getting a warped blade from anyone. Even the cheap blades at Daiso or those $3 thin hardbats I bought at K-Mart years ago weren't warped. I've heard it was an issue in the distant past - Bernard Hock had a local plywood factory make his plywood and he made sure there were no warps.

Iskandar

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
"Stuor", huh? ;) Haven't seen them before now. Congratulations, you've found the epicenter of fake blades. I mean, $23.26 for a Ma Long Hurricane Long V? That's not to say they're bad blades.. the only way to tell is to buy one and see, fortunately they don't cost much. Just be aware of what you are paying for. The photos, at least, look nice. There are a bunch of "Stuor brand" blades that look like they're worth trying, but I'm pretty sure they're taking the names of players in vain. Harimoto probably has nothing to do with their Harimoto blade.. though it might be a copy (who knows how close of one) to the Butterfly item.

Boer, by the way, is one of those Chinese brand names associated with, how do I describe it - off brand hobbyist stuff. Others include Huieson and Timo Boll. Mainly blades (some of these are actually quite nice) and weird, off-brand, non-ITTF approved rubbers. I've had some Boll rubber in the past, they seem OK and are definitely usable (about equivalent to 729) and I bought a sheet of Boer-brand "Sriver-HE" recently, which also seems decent, though I haven't tried playing with it. I must admit, the PACKAGING was really impressive, they even removed two corners, Provincial H3 style. I wouldn't have bought it except that it cost less than $3 including shipping. Maybe if you had to make up ten bats to loan to visitors at a club (if you ran one of those bar-type clubs) Sriver-HE would be the thing to get. or if you were building a rebound board.

If I were running one of these off-brand outfits, what _I_ would do is offer rubber that is significantly thicker than is legal, with, say, 2.8mm sponge. Why? Because someone could generate significantly more speed and spin with these rubbers, and when people notice this the word would spread and they'd sell a ton of these sheets to the Chinese rec-club player crowd (of which there are tens of millions). From what I've heard at this level they don't care too much about equipment rules in China.

Iskandar

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I've bought a Yinhe T11+ blade, AK47 Yellow rubber and DHS Gold Arc 5 rubber from AliExpress at much cheaper prices than I could buy from UK TT stores and have been perfectly happy. However, I did notice that when I look at the DHS Gold Arc 5 rubber today that the prices on AliExpress vary from just over £17 up to £30 which is quite a spread. Also, I notice that the cover photos show 2 different shades of red which seems strange. At Bribar this rubber is currently selling at £35.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
I've bought a Yinhe T11+ blade, AK47 Yellow rubber and DHS Gold Arc 5 rubber from AliExpress at much cheaper prices than I could buy from UK TT stores and have been perfectly happy. However, I did notice that when I look at the DHS Gold Arc 5 rubber today that the prices on AliExpress vary from just over £17 up to £30 which is quite a spread. Also, I notice that the cover photos show 2 different shades of red which seems strange. At Bribar this rubber is currently selling at £35.

Remember that Gold Arc 5 and 8 are NOT Chinese... And European/Japanese rubbers often cost more on Eacheng than on European sites. Same rule applies, to, say, Palio Aeolus (anyone know why it costs so much?). Sounds like a really fast bat.. :)

Iskandar

Last edited:
This user has no status.
All I know is that the DHS Gold Arc 5 and 8 are much, much cheaper on AliExpress than anywhere I could buy them in the UK. What I don't know is if the rubber is genuine or not although the package looks genuine. However, I quite like it whether it is or is not! Re the bat being fast. I actually don't use the Yinhe T11+ or the AK47 Yellow as I don't like either. I play with the Gold Arc 2.0 as forehand rubber on a Yasaka Sweden Extra with TSP Ventus Soft 1.8 as the backhand rubber. I also use another Yasaka Sweden Extra with Xiom Vega Europe 2.0 on both sides sometimes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
The old Gold Arc rubber was also ridiculously priced, and I couldn't figure out why it was so expensive (compared with, say, Hurricane or Tin Arc). Turns out it's got Japanese sponge.

Gold Arc 5 and 8 are actually made by ESN in Germany (it says "Made in Germany" on the package, and 8 actually has the Tensor logo on it).

Iskandar

Last edited: