• Join our newsletter: 
  • Welcome Guest


    Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 117
    1. Top | #1
      Rayeez is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Trinidad Tobago

      Equipment:
      Blade DHS Power G7
      Forehand Rubber BH: Bluefire M3
      Backhand Rubber FH: DHS Hurricane 3 NEO

      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Posts
      90
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 68 Times in 36 Posts

      Why are Evolution rubbers still less popular than tenergy?

      I've used MX-P for a few months, and recently tried Tenergy 05. I found the MX-p is faster, more spinny yet still is more controllable. Others tried it and agreed. It's been a few years since it's release, and I assume most people agree with me, so why is Tenergy still so popular?

    2. The Following 4 Users Like Rayeez's Post:

      iHatePONGPING (12-10-2015),jedimasterplk (05-21-2017),thomas.pong (09-19-2017),Zvokovski Kuznetzova (10-29-2019)

    3. Top | #2
      Richie is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Sweden

      Equipment:
      Blade Nittaku Acoustic
      Forehand Rubber Rakza 7 Max
      Backhand Rubber Tenergy 05 2.1

      Join Date
      Dec 2014
      Posts
      226
      Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 395 Times in 140 Posts
      Probably because of marketing and many top players use it so it's an attractive product.

      I use tenergy myself but next time I will try the MX-p rubber and if I like it I'll probably stick to it as it's cheaper.
      Maybe over time the evolution rubbers will become more popular often these changes are gradual.

    4. Top | #3
      ProPetrov is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Spain

      Equipment:
      Blade Penhold: Tibhar Stratus Samsonov CB
      Forehand Rubber BH: Tibhar Evolution EL-P
      Backhand Rubber FH: DHS Hurricane 3 NEO

      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Posts
      70
      Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Rayeez View Post
      I've used MX-P for a few months, and recently tried Tenergy 05. I found the MX-p is faster, more spinny yet still is more controllable. Others tried it and agreed. It's been a few years since it's release, and I assume most people agree with me, so why is Tenergy still so popular?
      Because the 90% of the pro players use Tenergy, but this is changing. The spanish pros are starting to use Evolution instead of Tenergy, I think in other countries is happening the same. IMO Butterfly should reduce the price of the Tenergy rubbers

    5. Top | #4
      Striker_ is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: China

      Equipment:
      Blade Alsér Carbon 7
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO
      Backhand Rubber Yasaka Rakza 7

      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      Sverige
      Posts
      52
      Reviews
      Read 5 Reviews
      Liked 26 Times in 16 Posts
      If the tibhar rubbers get popular butterfly have to lower the cost because that is the reason people choise tibhar instead.

    6. Top | #5
      Kokain is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Kiribati

      Equipment:
      Blade DHS Hurricane Long 3
      Forehand Rubber Tenergy 64
      Backhand Rubber Tenergy 64

      Join Date
      Mar 2015
      Posts
      221
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 154 Times in 73 Posts
      Because the comments are filled with bullshit and hype, and while its a good quality premium rubber it's not in anyway way unique as often described in the reviews. It's ok though as long people who use it, like it for its high throw characteristics and shit rather than being a Butterfly Tenergy fan boy.

    7. Top | #6
      Shuki is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Master TTD Member Country: United States
      Shuki's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Innerforce ALC.S.
      Forehand Rubber T64
      Backhand Rubber T64

      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      USA
      Posts
      1,664
      Reviews
      Read 13 Reviews
      Liked 1,558 Times in 837 Posts
      good question. but i do think tenergy is dying off quite a bit. only 3-4 club members still use tenergy while everyone else has changed.

    8. The Following User Likes Shuki's Post:

      jedimasterplk (09-17-2017)

    9. Top | #7
      violoniste18 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: France

      Equipment:
      Blade yinhe 987 JPEN
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX
      Backhand Rubber death metal 0x

      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Location
      Bourges ( France )
      Posts
      372
      Reviews
      Read 4 Reviews
      Liked 177 Times in 119 Posts
      I guess it will take a lot of time before pros change tenergy to tibhar evolution ... and players around the world are ever looking at pro's devices, it's a human habit.

      And I guess too that tibhar will increase their prices rather than butterfly reduce them, it's a commercial strategy of increase reliability and then increase prices !
      Last edited by violoniste18; 12-06-2015 at 03:04 AM.

    10. The Following User Likes violoniste18's Post:

      iHatePONGPING (12-11-2015)

    11. Top | #8
      NextLevel is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Nigeria

      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Hadraw VR
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar MX-K
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar MX-K

      Join Date
      Oct 2014
      Location
      Somewhere Good in the US
      Posts
      8,163
      Reviews
      Read 16 Reviews
      Liked 12,397 Times in 5,475 Posts
      At the pro level, Tenergy 05 is still the better rubber, though MX-P is coming close. The key thing is what happens when you hit and spin the ball really hard. Most rubber have sponges that collapse or topsheets that cannot handle the stress of the spin and power. Tenergy 05 does best because of its special sponge, and MX-P is not too shabby, especially on the topsheet part, though likely less so on the power part. Again these are spin and speed at the highest levels, not things that most of us deal with.

      I am testing a blade with MX-P and it is a fantastic rubber. I think people whose technique can support it should definitely use it.
      Cobra Kai TT Exponent - No mercy in this dojo, no matter your rating or the score. All spin, no power or footwork.

    12. The Following User Likes NextLevel's Post:

      UpSideDownCarl (12-06-2015)

    13. Top | #9
      UpSideDownCarl is online now
      says Krooklyn District Goon Squad
      Commissioner
       
      Equipment Expert
      Super Moderator Country: United States
      UpSideDownCarl's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade OSP Virtuoso +
      Forehand Rubber BH:Red F-XP
      Backhand Rubber FH:Black M-XP

      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Location
      Brooklyn, New York
      Posts
      12,378
      Reviews
      Read 11 Reviews
      Liked 14,074 Times in 6,707 Posts

      Why are Evolution rubbers still less popular than tenergy?

      I think what NextLevel has said is probably right on target. The better you are, the more you realize how good Tenergy is.

      That being said, I am pretty happy with MX-P and probably couldn't get more from Tenergy than I get from MX-P.

      But they are both darn good rubbers. It is nice that there is something that is really close to as good that it makes little difference which you use.

      And even though MX-P is about as good as Tenergy, they are not very much alike. So MX-P is not just an imitation. It is its own thing.


      Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia
      Spin Everything.

    14. The Following User Likes UpSideDownCarl's Post:

      Anders (12-06-2015)

    15. Top | #10
      bobpuls is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Elite TTD Member Country: Slovak Republic

      Equipment:
      Blade 1. Custom off 2.Custom off+
      Forehand Rubber Dhs Tg2 provincial
      Backhand Rubber Cornilleau Target Pro GT H47

      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Location
      Trencin
      Posts
      1,167
      Reviews
      Read 6 Reviews
      Liked 810 Times in 452 Posts
      I have a few minutes with rhis rubbers and the mx-p is good rubber... Practically all was good ... But tenergy 05 just shine.... I was realy surprised how confident this rubber is for attack. But still i played only a few minutes with them..... The price is only one thing which holds me back..... I ordered the dhs tg3-60 ... After this one i can considering to buy tenergy... But i still hoping the tg3-60will be the best for my bh.

    16. Top | #11
      ridderz65 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: England

      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Diode V
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05
      Backhand Rubber TSP Curl P1r

      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Location
      York
      Posts
      265
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 108 Times in 57 Posts
      How would the evolution series rubbers hold up on a limba/ayous made blade? Like korbel or stratus powerwood? Do they work well on these softer blades?

    17. Top | #12
      Der_Echte is offline
      says Grand Consultant to the Office
      of the Goon Squad
       
      Master TTD Member Country: South Korea
      Der_Echte's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Nexy Batos ALC
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar MX-K
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar FX-S

      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      Sacramento, USA
      Posts
      8,890
      Reviews
      Read 27 Reviews
      Liked 9,299 Times in 4,810 Posts
      Multiple reasons why T05 dominates the TT rubber market...

      First reason is that it is still the most dynamic inverted rubber capable of spin and control and feel.

      Next come the other reasons we have discussed, such as the marketing, the consumer market opinion and view of BTY, the huge number of pros using it (never comprehend why that will blindly win over consumers but it sure does)... all this despite the product being double the fair market price/value it should be... but whatever, market equilibrium takes over and T05 has been on market for almost a decade, so the market is willing to have the price of T05 where it is and it is still the single leading rubber sold and used in the market, so that says a lot about the economics, which I feel are largely influenced by irrational psycho-subliminal stuff, like zombie NSA Spy phones unwittingly transmitting EJ buy impulse wavelengths.

      Evolution and Aurus are the rubbers I settled on when I was no longer willing to spend $50 USD for a FH rubber. Heck, even $50 was way too much than I was willing to pay, but I rationalized it by telling myself I used a $8 BH rubber that lasted months, so Ii could afford a $50 rubber on Fh every month with the cost savings... so for 6 months or so, I did that and liked it and played very well... but when BTY jacked up the shyt outta the price, I looked at other rubbers.

      Evo series is not the same as Tenergy and its dynamics are different. I think it is pretty much the best performance/value if you can get it under $50 a sheet, but let's not get crazy and say it is the best stuff on the market.

      I still have not gotten a prototype sample of Nexy's new made in Japan rubber that is supposed to be a fusion of the best of both worlds of topsheet and sponge physical construction... gunna hafta write an app to send more wavelengths to Nexy Korea president.
      President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
      http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

      Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
      http://www.nexyusa.com

      View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
      http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

    18. The Following 4 Users Like Der_Echte's Post:

      anchorschmidt (12-07-2015),Anders (12-06-2015),UpSideDownCarl (12-07-2015),violoniste18 (12-06-2015)

    19. Top | #13
      sspark80 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: United States

      Equipment:
      Blade Nexy Spear
      Forehand Rubber Rhyzm 425
      Backhand Rubber Rhyzm 425

      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Posts
      52
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 39 Times in 24 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by ridderz65 View Post
      How would the evolution series rubbers hold up on a limba/ayous made blade? Like korbel or stratus powerwood? Do they work well on these softer blades?
      USDCarl plays w/ MX-P on a Virtuoso+ (Limba and Ayous, I think). At some point though, you just need to try it out for awhile and see if it "works" for you.

    20. The Following User Likes sspark80's Post:

      UpSideDownCarl (12-07-2015)

    21. Top | #14
      Shiro is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: United States

      Equipment:
      Blade Fang Bo B2
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar MX-P

      Join Date
      Jun 2013
      Location
      USA
      Posts
      309
      Reviews
      Read 6 Reviews
      Liked 77 Times in 60 Posts
      Well from what i see, i feel like people use tenergy just becauses its expensive and because the pros use it. Being a MX-P user, i feel like this rubber is the same as tenergy, but at a lower price. Tenergy for be is good, but the price is just not worth it. Since many think its the best, pros use tenergy as they are most likely sponsored, causing them to get them for free.

    22. Top | #15
      Baal is online now
      says Ba'al has spoken
       
      Master TTD Member


      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Location
      Houston, Texas
      Posts
      2,690
      Reviews
      Read 8 Reviews
      Liked 4,522 Times in 1,841 Posts
      I have played with both. MX-P is the only rubber not named Tenergy 05 that I feel like I could use. I still prefer T05, not so much for performance, but for the why it feels when I hit the ball. Also, for me at least, I feel like T-05 retains its performance a bit longer. Still, it does surprise me a bit that MX-P has not gained a bit more market share especially for the price. I would rather pay less than more, and there is a price point where I will switch to MX-P and it's close to it, but not quite there yet.
      Last edited by Baal; 12-07-2015 at 12:45 AM.

    23. The Following User Likes Baal's Post:

      UpSideDownCarl (12-07-2015)

    24. Top | #16
      pgpg is offline
      says single setup for a year
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: United States
      pgpg's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Donic Defplay
      Forehand Rubber Palio AK47 Blue
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar Dtecs OX

      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Posts
      535
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 806 Times in 363 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Rayeez View Post
      I've used MX-P for a few months, and recently tried Tenergy 05. I found the MX-p is faster, more spinny yet still is more controllable. Others tried it and agreed. It's been a few years since it's release, and I assume most people agree with me, so why is Tenergy still so popular?
      It takes a long time to displace a well-established market leader, especially in a market that is so fragmented. We are talking about hundreds of rubbers going against T05, more or less.

    25. Top | #17
      Anders is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Norway
      Anders's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Carbonado 145
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 8
      Backhand Rubber Victas V>15 Extra

      Join Date
      Mar 2011
      Location
      Norway
      Posts
      790
      Reviews
      Read 8 Reviews
      Liked 237 Times in 146 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
      Well from what i see, i feel like people use tenergy just becauses its expensive and because the pros use it. Being a MX-P user, i feel like this rubber is the same as tenergy, but at a lower price. Tenergy for be is good, but the price is just not worth it. Since many think its the best, pros use tenergy as they are most likely sponsored, causing them to get them for free.
      It's no use blaming the money for the sake of the pros.. If you are at that level, you want to use what works best for you, and if that rubbers name is Tenergy05, you use that rubber, regardless of what brand's sponsoring you, because being a pro, you have the access to any rubber out there if you just call that guy and know the secret handshake he uses.

      For mid-level players and lower, you may be right that it's okay to play with a substitute for what you would normally use because it's cheaper.. But for them top pros, they play what is best for them, if the rubber's called Airoc, Tenergy, MX-P, Rasant og Hurricane - it doesn't matter

      The thing about the Tenergy, it's got that special feel that no rubber has, and it lasts long, and it's also stabile when it comes to performance. Many other rubbers ain't that stabile, the rubber reacts different to the same impact on the same ball, but the Tenergy does this less than other rubbers. Meaning you can really rely on this rubber. Ofc other rubbers have this characteristics to, but in different forms. So again, the pros don't use this rubber because they are sponsored, they use it because it is the best. Hobby players and even som rocket engineering forum members miight use it because of the money and reputation, but yeah..

      Hope you got my point and I didn't offend you, I wouldn't like to get chased by the infamous goon squad this time a day
      Don't hesitate. If you want to reach your goal, just go for it!

    26. The Following User Likes Anders's Post:

      UpSideDownCarl (12-07-2015)

    27. Top | #18
      Der_Echte is offline
      says Grand Consultant to the Office
      of the Goon Squad
       
      Master TTD Member Country: South Korea
      Der_Echte's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Nexy Batos ALC
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar MX-K
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar FX-S

      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      Sacramento, USA
      Posts
      8,890
      Reviews
      Read 27 Reviews
      Liked 9,299 Times in 4,810 Posts
      Anders isn't doing anything (YET) to get the GOON SQUADS after him... but he is surely askin' for the GEEK SQUAD to nail him. Geek Squad is worse, they do not try frontal assualts and are shadow people - you don't know where they are coming from, but give TTD some time, we will make an app to lure and funnel them to a pre-determined point and get them to jump off the Brooklyn bridge all at the same time while NYC based Abe and Carl take pics.

    28. The Following User Likes Der_Echte's Post:

      UpSideDownCarl (12-07-2015)

    29. Top | #19
      CroneOne is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Canada
      CroneOne's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Viscaria
      Forehand Rubber Donic Bluestorm Z1
      Backhand Rubber Stiga Mantra S

      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Location
      New Zealand
      Posts
      203
      Reviews
      Read 1 Reviews
      Liked 176 Times in 80 Posts
      I'll have to agree about the feel and the reliability. I've played with the Rakza series, Xiom Europe and H3 Neo. When I finally found a lighter blade to offset the extra weight of the Tenergy I have to say the feeling of the loop is amazing. The way it pops off with speed and spin is a noticeable step up. It also just feels like it will last long and keep on performing. T05 and T64 are both great on the FH. Not sure why people say T64 is a bh rubber because I find it amazing on the FH as well.

      I have some Rasant grip, Bluefire M1 and Calibra M tour to try out on my FH. I bought them before the T05 & 64. I doubt that they will convince me to change though.I agree with the price opinion. Tenergy is a high end rubber but not worth the huge price over similar tensors. I find it insane that you can purchase a Butterfly blade and rubber set up for more than a sweet guitar or a really good tennis racket. Not only that, but seeing tiny plastic balls costing more than tennis balls.

      Quote Originally Posted by Anders View Post

      The thing about the Tenergy, it's got that special feel that no rubber has, and it lasts long, and it's also stabile when it comes to performance. Many other rubbers ain't that stabile, the rubber reacts different to the same impact on the same ball, but the Tenergy does this less than other rubbers. Meaning you can really rely on this rubber.
      Last edited by CroneOne; 12-07-2015 at 03:44 AM.

    30. Top | #20
      Anders is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Norway
      Anders's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Carbonado 145
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 8
      Backhand Rubber Victas V>15 Extra

      Join Date
      Mar 2011
      Location
      Norway
      Posts
      790
      Reviews
      Read 8 Reviews
      Liked 237 Times in 146 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by CroneOne View Post
      I'll have to agree about the feel and the reliability. I've played with the Rakza series, Xiom Europe and H3 Neo. When I finally found a lighter blade to offset the extra weight of the Tenergy I have to say the feeling of the loop is amazing. The way it pops off with speed and spin is a noticeable step up. It also just feels like it will last long and keep on performing. T05 and T64 are both great on the FH. Not sure why people say T64 is a bh rubber because I find it amazing on the FH as well.

      I have some Rasant grip, Bluefire M1 and Calibra M tour to try out on my FH. I bought them before the T05 & 64. I doubt that they will convince me to change though.I agree with the price opinion. Tenergy is a high end rubber but not worth the huge price over similar tensors. I find it insane that you can purchase a Butterfly blade and rubber set up for more than a sweet guitar or a really good tennis racket. Not only that, but seeing tiny plastic balls costing more than tennis balls.
      Yeah, I get your point, and also as you said, you don't see the point spending that money.. And that is my point exactly, if you don't see the point, you most probably ain't no pro, and if you ain't no pro and feel you can do just as good with something else, then you don't need no Tenergy, in general terms that is

      Haha Der_Echte, guess I'll have to look out for hidden pop-up links to dark TT forums in the future. Beware of the geek squads!

      Wait, is that Fan Zhendong over there? Gotta go!

    31. The Following 4 Users Like Anders's Post:

      Der_Echte (10-29-2019),NextLevel (12-07-2015),Suga D (12-08-2015),UpSideDownCarl (12-07-2015)

    Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Log in or Register
    BACK TO TOP