1. Top | #1
      This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member Country: Canada

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts

Rubbers for dhs w968

Hi Guys,

I have many different setups in the past 2 years. I am a forehand dominant player. But after trying so many setups my favourite blade is Dhs w968 ( national version of long 5 ). It is a inner carbon blade.It is just a faster and more dwelly version of long 5. I was using boosted hurricane 3 neo with it. Everything was great but i got tired of constantly boosting hurricane 3 cz i was using chinese boosters and the boost lasted just 2-3 weeks.

I decided to move to tenergy 05 both sides. Tenergy 05 worked great on backhand but i found it too soft for the forehand as i was used to hard rubber on the forehand and the blade is on the softer side. Will tenergy 05 hard, andro rasanter r53 or any other hard esn rubber work on this blade? It would be really happy if u could guide so that i can finally settle down with my best setup. Please guide me.

2. Top | #2
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: Czech Republic

Equipment:
      Blade DHS Hurricane 301
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO Provincial
      Backhand Rubber Friendship 729 Battle 2

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      I don't know, you have to try
      Good quality Chinese rubber is best on forehand
      Tenergy
      - will be fast
      - worse serve receives
      - worse short game
      - worse service
      - worse topspin to topspin

3. Top | #3
      This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member Country: France
      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Harimoto ALC
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 397 Times in 279 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by guni4you View Post
      Hi Guys,

I have many different setups in the past 2 years. I am a forehand dominant player. But after trying so many setups my favourite blade is Dhs w968 ( national version of long 5 ). It is a inner carbon blade.It is just a faster and more dwelly version of long 5. I was using boosted hurricane 3 neo with it. Everything was great but i got tired of constantly boosting hurricane 3 cz i was using chinese boosters and the boost lasted just 2-3 weeks.

I decided to move to tenergy 05 both sides. Tenergy 05 worked great on backhand but i found it too soft for the forehand as i was used to hard rubber on the forehand and the blade is on the softer side. Will tenergy 05 hard, andro rasanter r53 or any other hard esn rubber work on this blade? It would be really happy if u could guide so that i can finally settle down with my best setup. Please guide me.
      Of course T05H and R53 will work on this blade, D05, O7 as well... Every player is different so what you feel is best is entirely up to you. If you like T05, then T05 Hard seems like a sure bet as it has the same great grippy topsheet, just a step up in sponge hardness.

4. Top | #4
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: England

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
      H I was using boosted hurricane 3 neo with it. Everything was great but i got tired of constantly boosting hurricane 3 cz i was using chinese boosters and the boost lasted just 2-3 weeks.
      what version of neo you used? regional, national?
      What booster? I boost with haifu and boosting efect last 3-5 weeks.

I have 2 rubbers, while I play with one I am boosting other in week 3, so I don't have to pause while I boost.
      I have regional w968, imho blade doesn't go 100% good with any other rubber on FHD but chinese ones (tried T05, T05 hard, and MXP 50, all to mushy on this blade FHD side).
      Also I prefer hard rubber on backhand so it calms down FHD side on counter topspin shots.

Tenergy on that blade is like driving race car with off road tires, doesn't fit well

Also tried that on N301 and Dynasty, N301 also doesn't fit 100% well with T,MXP. But Dynasty goes well expecially with Tenergy. Good speed and rotation.

My current setup is Battle 2 blue sponge + DHS GoldArc 8
      Last edited by fanoftt; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:29 AM.

5. Top | #5
      This user has no status.

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      I used Provincial and national Neo blue sponge 40 with haifu yellow oil.Performed amazing but performance started changing after just 2 weeks and very different after 3-4 weeks. But I don’t understand why would a esn 54 hardness rubber which is like 40-42 hard on dhs scale feel mushy?
      Quote Originally Posted by fanoftt View Post
      what version of neo you used? regional, national?
      What booster? I boost with haifu and boosting efect last 3-5 weeks.

I have 2 rubbers, while I play with one I am boosting other in week 3, so I don't have to pause while I boost.
      I have regional w968, imho blade doesn't go 100% good with any other rubber on FHD but chinese ones (tried T05, T05 hard, and MXP 50, all to mushy on this blade FHD side).
      Also I prefer hard rubber on backhand so it calms down FHD side on counter topspin shots.

Tenergy on that blade is like driving race car with off road tires, doesn't fit well

Also tried that on N301 and Dynasty, N301 also doesn't fit 100% well with T,MXP. But Dynasty goes well expecially with Tenergy. Good speed and rotation.

My current setup is Battle 2 blue sponge + DHS GoldArc 8

6. Top | #6
      This user has no status.

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
      I used Provincial and national Neo blue sponge 40 with haifu yellow oil.Performed amazing but performance started changing after just 2 weeks and very different after 3-4 weeks. But I don’t understand why would a esn 54 hardness rubber which is like 40-42 hard on dhs scale feel mushy?
      I tried mxp 50 , doesn't work for me, with hurricane/battle 2 much more control in return, short close to table game

7. Top | #7
      This user has no status.

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      How was mxp50 to loop with?

8. Top | #8
      This user has no status.

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
      it is ok to loop on slow incoming balls/chops, requires more brush then hitting trough the ball technique

9. Top | #9
      This user has no status.

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Okay thanks