Rubbers for dhs w968

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hi Guys,

I have many different setups in the past 2 years. I am a forehand dominant player. But after trying so many setups my favourite blade is Dhs w968 ( national version of long 5 ). It is a inner carbon blade.It is just a faster and more dwelly version of long 5. I was using boosted hurricane 3 neo with it. Everything was great but i got tired of constantly boosting hurricane 3 cz i was using chinese boosters and the boost lasted just 2-3 weeks.

I decided to move to tenergy 05 both sides. Tenergy 05 worked great on backhand but i found it too soft for the forehand as i was used to hard rubber on the forehand and the blade is on the softer side. Will tenergy 05 hard, andro rasanter r53 or any other hard esn rubber work on this blade? It would be really happy if u could guide so that i can finally settle down with my best setup. Please guide me.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hi Guys,

I have many different setups in the past 2 years. I am a forehand dominant player. But after trying so many setups my favourite blade is Dhs w968 ( national version of long 5 ). It is a inner carbon blade.It is just a faster and more dwelly version of long 5. I was using boosted hurricane 3 neo with it. Everything was great but i got tired of constantly boosting hurricane 3 cz i was using chinese boosters and the boost lasted just 2-3 weeks.

I decided to move to tenergy 05 both sides. Tenergy 05 worked great on backhand but i found it too soft for the forehand as i was used to hard rubber on the forehand and the blade is on the softer side. Will tenergy 05 hard, andro rasanter r53 or any other hard esn rubber work on this blade? It would be really happy if u could guide so that i can finally settle down with my best setup. Please guide me.

Of course T05H and R53 will work on this blade, D05, O7 as well... Every player is different so what you feel is best is entirely up to you. If you like T05, then T05 Hard seems like a sure bet as it has the same great grippy topsheet, just a step up in sponge hardness.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
H I was using boosted hurricane 3 neo with it. Everything was great but i got tired of constantly boosting hurricane 3 cz i was using chinese boosters and the boost lasted just 2-3 weeks.

what version of neo you used? regional, national?
What booster? I boost with haifu and boosting efect last 3-5 weeks.

I have 2 rubbers, while I play with one I am boosting other in week 3, so I don't have to pause while I boost.
I have regional w968, imho blade doesn't go 100% good with any other rubber on FHD but chinese ones (tried T05, T05 hard, and MXP 50, all to mushy on this blade FHD side).
Also I prefer hard rubber on backhand so it calms down FHD side on counter topspin shots.

Tenergy on that blade is like driving race car with off road tires, doesn't fit well

Also tried that on N301 and Dynasty, N301 also doesn't fit 100% well with T,MXP. But Dynasty goes well expecially with Tenergy. Good speed and rotation.

PidFqxW.jpg

OlNUv9l.jpg

My current setup is Battle 2 blue sponge + DHS GoldArc 8
XKnBbza.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I used Provincial and national Neo blue sponge 40 with haifu yellow oil.Performed amazing but performance started changing after just 2 weeks and very different after 3-4 weeks. But I don’t understand why would a esn 54 hardness rubber which is like 40-42 hard on dhs scale feel mushy?
what version of neo you used? regional, national?
What booster? I boost with haifu and boosting efect last 3-5 weeks.

I have 2 rubbers, while I play with one I am boosting other in week 3, so I don't have to pause while I boost.
I have regional w968, imho blade doesn't go 100% good with any other rubber on FHD but chinese ones (tried T05, T05 hard, and MXP 50, all to mushy on this blade FHD side).
Also I prefer hard rubber on backhand so it calms down FHD side on counter topspin shots.

Tenergy on that blade is like driving race car with off road tires, doesn't fit well

Also tried that on N301 and Dynasty, N301 also doesn't fit 100% well with T,MXP. But Dynasty goes well expecially with Tenergy. Good speed and rotation.

PidFqxW.jpg

OlNUv9l.jpg

My current setup is Battle 2 blue sponge + DHS GoldArc 8
XKnBbza.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I used Provincial and national Neo blue sponge 40 with haifu yellow oil.Performed amazing but performance started changing after just 2 weeks and very different after 3-4 weeks. But I don’t understand why would a esn 54 hardness rubber which is like 40-42 hard on dhs scale feel mushy?

I tried mxp 50 , doesn't work for me, with hurricane/battle 2 much more control in return, short close to table game

HI guy,

Do you think Battle 2 blue sponge is better then H3 neo blue sponge, i feel B2 more bouncy and easy to generate spin and speed and I'm using battle 2 with Zhang Jike ALC but not try it with W968.

In short, nope. Battle II Blue Sponge is easier to generate spin but still slower if compared with H3 Neo Blue Sponge.

Reactions: proximang
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Hi Guys,

I just bought a W968 National and tried quite a few rubbers. BH is definitely Dignics 05. Best fit for me. I get the most feedback, control and power. FH is still work in progress. I’ve tried C2, H8 hard, both doesn’t suit my style. I just places 09c, it plays better than the 2. I’m currently boosting a h3 turbo to try next week. It’s an amazing blade. I’ve have all the szlc from bty. This is the best.