New Apolonia ZLC

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Hi Guys

I just bought a new Butterfly Apolonia ZLC and have put a new sheet of Tenergy 05 on it. Reason I bought this blade is because after trying 3 colleagues apolonia blades (with T05 on them) I liked the softer feeling and control and the huge dwell u get from it.
After trying mine it felt harder. After my mate checked he said I had way too much glue so we took glue off and he reglued for me way he does it. It did make it softer but not quite as soft as his. Reason why I bought my blade was because I loved how his felt.

Would this slightly harder feel be due to the fact blade and rubber is brand new and need playing in? As long as I didn’t get a bad blade

Any advice?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
new blade always takes time to get that soft feel.

It is most difficult phase when we buy new blade and we do not get the same feel as the blade we tried.

Try using rubbers which ur comfortable with the most, do not change blade and rubbers too.

Do not change all at once

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Yes colleague is using T05 also but probably at end of its life so he’s getting new sheets himself very soon so I guess will be able to compare but his blade is nearly a year old and he plays more than me.

I bought new sheet of T05 with blade as my old ones would be due to change soon anyway. It didn’t make sense putting old ones on.

I didn’t have issue playing with my new blade I just expected it to have really soft feel as my colleagues hence the question will it soften up more once played in after few sessions.

says Thanks for the suggestion Splasher! I was going to try...
says Thanks for the suggestion Splasher! I was going to try...
Apr 2019
I hope it’s a matter of time as I just had the same experience with my new setup. Decided to go for t05s and they feel really hard, to the point that I was getting better results with my previous xioms. I went for 1.9 t05s as I tried a friend’s setup with those and loved it, my 05s feel very different, I was a bit upset with myself for not going for max thickness but hopefully I just need to brake them in a bit. Curious what your friend told you about the glue, I though that more glue would give you a softer feeling, in fact I was tempted to reglue using a few layers of RevolutionN3. Instead I decided to just leave my setup alone and play with it until I get used to it and hopefully the rubber will come to life,I’ve only used it once. Good luck!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
I hope it’s a matter of time as I just had the same experience with my new setup. Decided to go for t05s and they feel really hard, to the point that I was getting better results with my previous xioms. I went for 1.9 t05s as I tried a friend’s setup with those and loved it, my 05s feel very different, I was a bit upset with myself for not going for max thickness but hopefully I just need to brake them in a bit. Curious what your friend told you about the glue, I though that more glue would give you a softer feeling, in fact I was tempted to reglue using a few layers of RevolutionN3. Instead I decided to just leave my setup alone and play with it until I get used to it and hopefully the rubber will come to life,I’ve only used it once. Good luck!
Does your friend have same set up as what have just got now? My old T05 is much softer than my new so I know it will get softer. My concern was the blade. As it happens my colleague is getting his new rubbers later this week so will be able to directly compare as we both have same set up.
As for glue yes less glue does give softer feel. I glued mine initially and it felt hard. We then took glue off and reglued and my colleague used about 1/3 of what I probably used and instantly It was a softer feel. Not as soft as his still but his blade is yr old and rubbers quite worn where as my set is is brand new. I’m hoping it will get softer as it’s the reason why I changed blades was due to fact I liked softer feel.

Hi Guys

I just bought a new Butterfly Apolonia ZLC and have put a new sheet of Tenergy 05 on it. Reason I bought this blade is because after trying 3 colleagues apolonia blades (with T05 on them) I liked the softer feeling and control and the huge dwell u get from it.
After trying mine it felt harder. After my mate checked he said I had way too much glue so we took glue off and he reglued for me way he does it. It did make it softer but not quite as soft as his. Reason why I bought my blade was because I loved how his felt.

Would this slightly harder feel be due to the fact blade and rubber is brand new and need playing in? As long as I didn’t get a bad blade

Any advice?

One pair of 05s differ sometimes from another pair of 05s. So you might have gotten a harder ones and your friend softer ones.