• Join our newsletter: 
  • Welcome Guest


    Results 1 to 13 of 13
    1. Top | #1
      Dipak1974 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: India


      Join Date
      Aug 2019
      Posts
      21
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

      New Apolonia ZLC

      Hi Guys

      I just bought a new Butterfly Apolonia ZLC and have put a new sheet of Tenergy 05 on it. Reason I bought this blade is because after trying 3 colleagues apolonia blades (with T05 on them) I liked the softer feeling and control and the huge dwell u get from it.
      After trying mine it felt harder. After my mate checked he said I had way too much glue so we took glue off and he reglued for me way he does it. It did make it softer but not quite as soft as his. Reason why I bought my blade was because I loved how his felt.

      Would this slightly harder feel be due to the fact blade and rubber is brand new and need playing in? As long as I didn’t get a bad blade

      Any advice?

    2. Top | #2
      vik2000 is offline
      says Spin for life
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Canada

      Equipment:
      Blade DHS Hurricane Long 5
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Dignics 05
      Backhand Rubber Victas V > 01 Limber

      Join Date
      Apr 2018
      Posts
      313
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 161 Times in 99 Posts
      Is your colleague also using T05? If so, how old? A well-used T05 feels different than a brand new piece. Give it some time.

    3. Top | #3
      amitmnagarwal is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: India


      Join Date
      Jul 2018
      Posts
      28
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
      new blade always takes time to get that soft feel.

      It is most difficult phase when we buy new blade and we do not get the same feel as the blade we tried.

      Try using rubbers which ur comfortable with the most, do not change blade and rubbers too.

      Do not change all at once

    4. Top | #4
      Dipak1974 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: India


      Join Date
      Aug 2019
      Posts
      21
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
      Yes colleague is using T05 also but probably at end of its life so he’s getting new sheets himself very soon so I guess will be able to compare but his blade is nearly a year old and he plays more than me.

      I bought new sheet of T05 with blade as my old ones would be due to change soon anyway. It didn’t make sense putting old ones on.

      I didn’t have issue playing with my new blade I just expected it to have really soft feel as my colleagues hence the question will it soften up more once played in after few sessions.

    5. Top | #5
      tsubasa is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Turkey


      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Posts
      18
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
      How about weight difference?
      95gr blade feels harder than a 85gr blade.

    6. The Following User Likes tsubasa's Post:

      thomas.pong (1 Week Ago)

    7. Top | #6
      Dipak1974 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: India


      Join Date
      Aug 2019
      Posts
      21
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by tsubasa View Post
      How about weight difference?
      95gr blade feels harder than a 85gr blade.
      I’m afraid I didn’t weigh it and now have rubbers on it but initial feel didn’t seem much difference in weight. Will just wait till it’s played in and will know I guess.

    8. Top | #7
      Andre74 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: UK

      Equipment:
      Blade Darker 7p-2a
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9

      Join Date
      Apr 2019
      Location
      Little Italy
      Posts
      90
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 35 Times in 23 Posts
      I hope it’s a matter of time as I just had the same experience with my new setup. Decided to go for t05s and they feel really hard, to the point that I was getting better results with my previous xioms. I went for 1.9 t05s as I tried a friend’s setup with those and loved it, my 05s feel very different, I was a bit upset with myself for not going for max thickness but hopefully I just need to brake them in a bit. Curious what your friend told you about the glue, I though that more glue would give you a softer feeling, in fact I was tempted to reglue using a few layers of RevolutionN3. Instead I decided to just leave my setup alone and play with it until I get used to it and hopefully the rubber will come to life,I’ve only used it once. Good luck!
      Last edited by Andre74; 1 Week Ago at 12:07 AM.

    9. Top | #8
      Dipak1974 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: India


      Join Date
      Aug 2019
      Posts
      21
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Andre74 View Post
      I hope it’s a matter of time as I just had the same experience with my new setup. Decided to go for t05s and they feel really hard, to the point that I was getting better results with my previous xioms. I went for 1.9 t05s as I tried a friend’s setup with those and loved it, my 05s feel very different, I was a bit upset with myself for not going for max thickness but hopefully I just need to brake them in a bit. Curious what your friend told you about the glue, I though that more glue would give you a softer feeling, in fact I was tempted to reglue using a few layers of RevolutionN3. Instead I decided to just leave my setup alone and play with it until I get used to it and hopefully the rubber will come to life,I’ve only used it once. Good luck!
      Does your friend have same set up as what have just got now? My old T05 is much softer than my new so I know it will get softer. My concern was the blade. As it happens my colleague is getting his new rubbers later this week so will be able to directly compare as we both have same set up.
      As for glue yes less glue does give softer feel. I glued mine initially and it felt hard. We then took glue off and reglued and my colleague used about 1/3 of what I probably used and instantly It was a softer feel. Not as soft as his still but his blade is yr old and rubbers quite worn where as my set is is brand new. I’m hoping it will get softer as it’s the reason why I changed blades was due to fact I liked softer feel.

    10. Top | #9
      Andre74 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: UK

      Equipment:
      Blade Darker 7p-2a
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9

      Join Date
      Apr 2019
      Location
      Little Italy
      Posts
      90
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 35 Times in 23 Posts
      What glue did you use, just curious. Some glues like rev3 are said to give a little tuning effect - might be not true- but I imagine lattice based glue should feel softer when they are thicker. Maybe I got this wrong!

    11. Top | #10
      Dipak1974 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: India


      Join Date
      Aug 2019
      Posts
      21
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
      Butterfly Free chack pro

    12. Top | #11
      Tompa8888 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: Sweden
      Tompa8888's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Tiago Apolonia ZLC
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar Evolution EL-S
      Backhand Rubber Friendship Battle 2 Provincial 40°

      Join Date
      Nov 2014
      Location
      Sweden
      Posts
      155
      Reviews
      Read 13 Reviews
      Liked 39 Times in 29 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Dipak1974 View Post
      Hi Guys

      I just bought a new Butterfly Apolonia ZLC and have put a new sheet of Tenergy 05 on it. Reason I bought this blade is because after trying 3 colleagues apolonia blades (with T05 on them) I liked the softer feeling and control and the huge dwell u get from it.
      After trying mine it felt harder. After my mate checked he said I had way too much glue so we took glue off and he reglued for me way he does it. It did make it softer but not quite as soft as his. Reason why I bought my blade was because I loved how his felt.

      Would this slightly harder feel be due to the fact blade and rubber is brand new and need playing in? As long as I didn’t get a bad blade

      Any advice?
      One pair of 05s differ sometimes from another pair of 05s. So you might have gotten a harder ones and your friend softer ones.

    13. Top | #12
      Andre74 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: UK

      Equipment:
      Blade Darker 7p-2a
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9

      Join Date
      Apr 2019
      Location
      Little Italy
      Posts
      90
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 35 Times in 23 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Tompa8888 View Post
      One pair of 05s differ sometimes from another pair of 05s.
      Really??!!

    14. Top | #13
      Tommy16 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: Europe

      Equipment:
      Blade Maze ALC
      Forehand Rubber Andro Rasanter R47
      Backhand Rubber Andro Rasanter V47

      Join Date
      Apr 2013
      Posts
      178
      Reviews
      Read 5 Reviews
      Liked 51 Times in 40 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Andre74 View Post
      Really??!!
      Yes, rubbers weights are not always identical. Lighter ones are softer than harder ones and yes difference can be noticeable. In this case I think that the issue is new blade+ new rubbers vs. old blade + old rubbers.

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Log in or Register
    BACK TO TOP