Help with 50+ degree rubbers

A rebuttal on guybrush's arguement since i cannot seem to quote his posts.

1. You used the ratings of revspin? Do you know how inaccurate the ratings there?
2. I would like to know the 100'ish tests you made. Please show us.
3. Why are you using the arguement of players sponsored by other brands who have already been using ESN rubbers ever since? Why in the world would Vladi use a Stiga rubber?
4. Did you take into account that the DNA rubbers were released this year?
5. Going back to revspin ratings, T05 has 9.3 spin rating while MXP 50 has 9.6???

Last edited:
says Aha, sorry. Trodde du var en annan Millesom spelar i...
I’m curious if you guys have also tried Rhyzer Pro 50 (since that’s what I’m currently using).

I feel like spin ratings are subjective because of technique and looping style.

That rubber is in the list. Dont you see it?

Regards

Last edited:
1. You used the ratings of revspin? Do you know how inaccurate the ratings there?
2. I would like to know the 100'ish tests you made. Please show us.
3. Why are you using the arguement of players sponsored by other brands who have already been using ESN rubbers ever since? Why in the world would Vladi use a Stiga rubber?
4. Did you take into account that the DNA rubbers were released this year?
5. Going back to revspin ratings, T05 has 9.3 spin rating while MXP 50 has 9.6???[/QUOTE]

1. That was just a hint of the actual result off course, with the revspin. BUT when a product has been rated a certain times it use to level out and get a somewhat decent result.
Funny that you compain so much hate for a site you self has written so many reviews on!
: https://revspin.net/search.php?q=yo...539171:iw77jjhz7fq&cof=FORID:10&ie=ISO-8859-1

2. In the beginning the tests were made little like Dans tests, but more topspin and spin-focused, loops, and much service. Lots of players have tested the rubbers, some of them, on very high class, but the players were taken from alot of classes, during about a month. Not even every day, but I had a book stored, where comments was implemented what the players think and so on. All rubbers was tested on 3 blades,writing it all down. It started to become really interesting when a while ago we had access to the same, but now much better 2009 test that was done in WC that is pretty easy to do now 10 years later with cameras that measures rpm. alas using a high-speed video camera (1000 fps) for calculation of the rotation speed. https://www.researchgate.net/public...delivered_by_world-class_table_tennis_players

By the way, the blades were Stiga Rosewood NCT V, Nittaku Septear Lead, and DHS TG-7 CP 2 (China National Team, Ebenholz. Like Stigas Ebenholz, but thinner)

Now there are much better equipment to do this. You can borrow or buy or rent very cheap. And to
To record yourself, and compare later on, is rather funny.

Anyway, the total result became in that order i put up:

MX-P 50
Omega 7 Tour Rasanter r53 (which during the test got me to buy one myself, so i bought not the "best" myself.)
Rhyzer Pro 50
DNA H

Now the rest of the 50+ rubbers have to be tested... has to be tested while we can do it this way. Got to ask my sponsor:eek:

4. Why should i? What does that matter? So did some of the others.

5.Butterfly is not so big as it was. I play with Nittaku Fastarc G1, which is the best selling rubber in Asia, and best selling rubber on Tabletennis11. Tibhar became the greatest TT-company in Europe for 2 months ago. Its like its only the sponsored players that play wuth their stuff (of cource not, but take a peek at this offifial list:

http://world-tt.com/ps_goods/goods_ranking.php# choose rubbers: T05 on 5 th place
http://world-tt.com/ps_goods/goods_ranking.php# choose blades 6 of 10 is Butterfly 3 Nittaku 1 TSP in top.

5. There are MANY players i know of that thinks MX-P has better spin than T05.
Me too, in certain shoots. But T05 probarbly is spinnier in total.
But as a rubber if i was forced to choose, i have chosen MXP (or MX-S) Did you take in account that T05 has like 11-12 years on the shoulders. Amazing indeed! BUT Pretty much has happened since then in the TT-science world, and very good rubbers have come out.

Peace out. The results, in rpm will be published when ive done the other rubbers too.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone is gonna doubt that all these new harder ESN rubbers can be faster than T05. People prefer T05 because of the level of spin that can be produced by average players.

Yes, i think you have right! Which thickness did you choose for your R53? And how do youexperience thr differences of the both monsterrubbers?:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
What's your methodology? Is there any theory behind it?

Or are you taking subjective opinions of a few of your club mates and comparing it to the subjective opinions of hundred of others on revspin?

Tenergy 05 even at 10yrs+ in the market was not easily dethroned not until this year when some rubbers from Xiom came out. Speed was never the problem with ESN rubbers. I have not met a pro or a national level player who felt mxp is spinnier than tenergy 05. It is. A good and cheaper alternative but not as spinny. The only rubber i can confidently say is as spinny as T05 is Omega 7 Asia while the Omega 7 Hyper has more spin and power.

"Feeling" is always subjective. Most rubbers are able to provide much more spin than any player can ever produce.
Different players with different styles and techniques feel diffrently with different rubbers, which is subjective, but because of these reasons these players will objectively produce different spin with different rubbers. So the subjective feeling fits enough the objective results, maybe not always, but enough.
In fact its the human factor that matters. And this human factor differ, depending on physical limits, style and experience level. Generally there is a rubber for everyone, he just have to find it. Some players may feel better and produce more spin with DNA than with T05, but its not the rubber, but the player. And its the cumulative subjective experience of the many of given level that matters and makes the producers to meet their needs. The needs of the Top of the Top are another story.
In practice every club level player should find his subjectively best rubber, having in mind that any rubber would provide more than twice the spin he could ever produce.

Yes, this is true. Noticed ofor example on R47, when you really comes up in that highest potential spin is schockingly good There are rubbers that are better than other for brushing spin, and different kinds of spin. Chinese Mechanical spin etcetra.

Top 10 most sold rubbers in Asia

Yes, Yasaka can. Mark V has existed like60 years, still on every 1-10 list!

Take a look at the top 10 list of sold rubbers in Asia: https://world-tt.com/ps_goods/goods_ranking.php

My favorite top the list month after month

2 Butterflys, and 05 at 6th place
4 Yasaka, and 2 Nittakus. But the Mark V is there in a solid bronzeplace. Hehehe...thats a rubber like 4 generations have played with...

Last edited: