Yasaka Mark V or Killerspin Jet 800 or Yasaka Rakza 7 soft?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Totally true. Maybe the real solution is to buy two paddles. The fast one to satisfy your curiosity with and then also the slower one, which you start using one week later after you realize the it’s the better choice.
That ain't the worst solution. I have two paddles. One I play regularly and train with (which I keep in training bag) and the second one in the office. The second one could easily be "curiosity and research" paddle. Also as table tennis gods say, you have to have n+1 blade ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
TT11order-Capture.JPG
Thanks everyone, for your time and tips, this is what I ordered. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Hey guys, what could be a possible reason that Im getting lesser Spin on these rubbers than my old Butterfly 603 with Wakaba rubbers? Please Suggest.

This user has no status.
Hey guys, what could be a possible reason that Im getting lesser Spin on these rubbers than my old Butterfly 603 with Wakaba rubbers? Please Suggest.

I takes at least 3 weeks for me to adjust to new rubber. Especially when switching to a harder sponge. I got crappy spin the first few days when going from 37 to 45 degrees. Then crappy spin again when going from 45 to 48. And now most recently when going from 48 to 50. But, eventually I was able to adapt and get great spin. (Having a coach helps)

Just focus on making sure that you have good body rotation and weight transfer.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
With harder sponge you need to engage more the ball. Btw that's why it's better to not use very hard rubbers for beginners as it is difficult to often be enough in position to be able to strike the ball hard enough to get good effect (it don't need to be crazy hard at all).

But i think rakza 7 soft should not be too difficult to engage

Maybe a most important thing to check is if it's not too fast and you feel comfortable to strike hard without worrying to lose control etc.. If it's not too fast for you, the setup looks pretty good to me and should give good results :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Kuba, Bryan, Wister------how to generate the Spin i want?
Any tutorial video links you guys can provide here please?

This user has no status.
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Higher grade equipment requires more refined technique. You posting footage of you playing would be the only way anyone could assess what is going on that you have a setup that is SO MUCH BETTER and you are getting less from it.

See if you can film and post footage. It does not have to be long: 30 seconds to 1 minute would probably be enough.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Hi friends,

I'm looking to upgrade from my current Butterfly 603 beginners racket; played 2 yrs. with it and in total. Usually I play 4-5 hours per week.

Budget ---- USD/Euros $130 or below. Please suggest a racket which can go on for 2-4 years- REALLY good on SPIN.

Killerspin reviews tell its got handle/rubber issues.

Appreciate your time.

Thank you!!!

I would suggest a transitional period with Mark V on both sides, for several months maybe? then move on to Rakza 7 regular, not soft. The soft version has very nice feel and gives you a lot of control, but it doesn't encourage active play (in my opinion anyway). So ya, Mark V will be nice for a while, then move on to Rakza 7 regular.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018

Indeed a video would be helpful

I think the most logical explanation is that you don't engage the sponge correctly. I guess your old bat was way slower and softer so the ball would sink very easily into the sponge and you had a lot of time to do the brush motion to activate spin. With a harder rubber and a faster blade you have less time and you need to strike into the ball a little more.

I tried to think about possible technical issue but it's difficult to say without a video.. About a tutorial you can look at this one : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoAQA3JgaXQ
Don't hang too much on technical details, look more at the whole swing and try to copy it. While you do, check if there is part of you body that feel very akward or incomfortable, it's often means there is a problem there

Just to conclude, also take your time, it's normal if it takes a few weeks to get used to the new setup. Just try to find out if it may be too fast and uncontrable for you. Good hints are if you don't dare to do full swing, you restraint your swing etc.. Otherwise this setup should be good (maybe try the Rakza 7 soft on your FH, it may be better for you)

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
If you are using rakza on spw and not making spin there are only three possibilities:

a) technique is bad -- swinging too slow, stiff muscles/joints, using only arm no body, stopping swng halfway through, etc. Many ways TT technique can be poor

b) ball contact is bad -- too flat contact equals no spin

c) both technique and contact are bad -- most likely reason

Go in person to a coach. Cannot say that strongly enough. The more you practice before seeing a coach only makes it harder to change things you do wrong. Posting video on the forum is no substitute for a coach.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah. I would also say, it does not sound credible that, with a 2 year old premade racket with 2 year old, dead, worn out rubbers you were getting more spin than with a good racket that is brand new.

How are you measuring the spin production?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
hey guys:
well, i get better control and precision when I'm little away from the table.

after watching those videos, I find that there is a need to improve my technique and body movement to play with TSPW & Rakza 7 soft and Rakza X soft.

Spin measurement ---> when I 'serve', the angle or turn of the Ball determines how much spin was produced.

Video --> will do it soon.

Thanks indeed for all the suggestions and the links posted.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Hey guys, just wondering how would it be to have a very defensive racket, which can produce Maximum spin for chops and serves primarily!!!!

Will Sweden Extra be a good blade for that , suggest the Rubbers too please!!! (below 60 US$ total)

It’s probably best if you post a video of yourself so that people can give you pointers about how to improve. But... in the mean time here are some videos.

https://youtu.be/Jpqo4s6M4GQ

Also, here is my favorite video explaining how to whip the arm. https://youtu.be/tyCTDQRkPHo

Contact the ball thinly while brushing the ball. Also, it should not make any loud whacking sound.

Last edited: