Tibhar MX-K H and MX-K M

Tibhar MX-K H and MX-K M Reviews

MX-K H

Vdjg3Iu.jpg

u7NJDfg.jpg

0E1vlvG.jpg

c8n605f.jpg

Weight: 51 grams (cut)Speed: OFF++Spin: AverageType: ESN
I borrowed an MX-K Hard version from a friend and also an MXK 47.5 version which I will call MX-K H and MX-K M for a better lack of term and for shortening it. This is the first ESN made rubber by Nexy. The last Nexy rubber I have tried was the Karis Hard which has some similarities with the MX-K H. I carefully checked the pip structure of the MX-K H and I thought my eyes are deceiving me when I first saw it with very short pip structures that are closely arranged between each other with a narrow space. The MX-K H has an orange porous spongefor distinction while the M version has a cream white sponge. I thought, heck this looks like the design and arrangements of Chinese topsheets. Sanwei Fextra 7, Stiga Nostalgia All+ and Tmount T540 blades were used to test the rubbers.
The MX-K H is a hard hitting rubber. You can feel the 52.5 degrees hard sponge the moment you get to the table and start doing forehand drives. Boy, this rubber is very fast and in fact, this is too fast for some people. I would strongly suggest that beginners and intermediate players NOT to get this rubber since this is for advanced level players and it is for a specific style of play. This rubber is as fast an Omega 7 Tour or Hyper and a lot of my topspins seem to go over the table on the first few minutes of warming up with the rubber. The control seem a little bit less compared to the hard rubbers I have tried in the past. I even have tried a 60 degree experimental rubber but it has more control than this. The speed of the MX-K H is like that of Bryce speed and it even packs a lot of punch if you are smashing or spin-driving the ball. This is my personal opinion and I believe the short pip structure of the MX-K H contributes to the direct transfer of energy from the sponge to the ball. In my opinion, this is a double edged-sword. If you have this design you are guaranteed to have a huge amount of speed and power on your shots BUT you have less amount of spin and control. The problem is that the MX-K H is a bit choosy on the type of blade you are using. When I first used a wenge outer blade which is the Nostalgic All+, the hard surface of the blade made the rebound too strong and my shots were going over the table. I could not spin much compared to Omega 7 hyper 60 degrees which is way harder than the MX-K. In fact, the Stiga DNA Pro H is much spinnier than this rubber. I have nothing but respect for Mr. Moon and I admire him for his blade innovations for Nexy but I disagree completely on this design because it does not produce much spin at all. Sure, you get the speed and power with spin drives because I can feel the power of the incoming topspins against me who is blocking but the spin is much to be desired. In my opinion, the short pip structure of the MX-K H is not really suited for a spin stroke but more on a hitting and smashing stroke. So the best you can do is a spin drive or do counters. The problem with the short pips column is that it does not grab the ball much due to the hard sponge and results to a very fast rebounding of the ball. Chinese rubbers that are very hard do not have this problem because they have tackiness in the topsheet. Despite having a hard sponge, the tacky topsheet helps grab the ball making you able to do a heavy spin loop easily. The tackiness of the topsheet slows down the ball giving you better chance to spin and brush the ball. Without the tackiness, all you have is a fast smashing and driving rubber. With all I have said about the rubber, the MX-K H still has some strong points. The MX-K H will be at its best if you do not care about spin and just care about power and speed for your shots. I would suggest this rubber for players who use long pip rubbers on their backhands and wait for opportunities to smash a ball. This is also good for players who are countering topspins away from the table because you need a small amount of effort to counter against topspins. Also, with the blade pairing, use this on a limba or koto outer ply blade so that you can have better control. Hardwood outer plies do not match well with the MX-K H.

MX-K M

aTeLR5d.jpg

wDa3BL7.jpg

JaBddyt.jpg

1i6Mogj.jpg

Weight: 48 grams (cut)Speed: OFF+Spin: Very HighType: ESN

The topsheet reminded me with the Omega V’s texture and grain but it is different because of the topsheet design. It has the cherry red topsheet compared to the matted red ESN topsheets that new generation ESN rubbers are using right now. The quality is very good like its Evolution series brothers only that this open in terms of design.Now this is quite the opposite in terms of performance compared to the Hard version.The MX-K M has bigger pores on its cream white sponge. It also feels softer than the MX-P despite it having the hardness of 47.5 degrees. You can feel some softness when you are pressing against the rubber and this is very obvious the moment you try the rubber. I used the same blades in this test with the MX-K H - Tmount T540, Sanwei Fextra 7 and Stiga Nostalgic All+. I may have said some negative things about the MX-K H but on the M version I am all praises with this rubber. As what I have stated in my MH-K H review, having short pip structure is a double edged sword which means it could be a hit or miss for players depending on their choices. The short pip structure works on the MX-K M version because the softer sponge allows the ball a bit of chance to be properly gripped by the topsheet aside from the sponge even without the tackiness. It feels softer than the MX-P but I can say that the MX-K 47.5 has a faster speed. It has good feel wherein the moment you hit the ball, it sinks partially into the sponge with no bottoming out. It is slightly has more spin than the MX-P and again this is because of the less denser and softer sponge. It is ideal for players who engage heavily on the sponge and topsheet to produce spin. The difference between the MX-P and the MX-K is that with the MX-P, you can easily brush the ball without engaging the sponge too much or brush it lightly to simply put it while the MX-K 47.5 really needs sponge compression. The regular MX-K has this slightly less difficulty in producing spins compared to the MX-P. I think MX-S is still the spinniest Evolution rubber when you loop or brush like using a Hurricane 3 rubber. While the MX-P is a spinny rubber, we can agree that not everybody can use it because it is a powerful rubber but the MX-K 47.5 easily solves this issue in handling and control. The speed of the MX-K regular is already fast and it is almost at the level of Omega 7 Pro and also slightly less amount of spin. Overall, the MX-K regular version excels in almost all strokes - from looping to blocking and driving. It is one complete rubber with excellent control, feel and easy handling. I also noticed that with all the 3 test blades, the MX-K regular was never choosy. This rubber is highly recommended!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Yogi, do you have a youtube channel? I'm curious about your review in a real video, i mean not just a dna rubber.. maybe you can tell us about your review also on other rubber in a video if you can, share with us

Sent from my ASUS_X01AD using Tapatalk

No i do not. I am planning to set up a tt coaching in the future dedicated to beginner coaches though. I need to be reunited with my students before and also nned to buy proper recording equipment.

Reactions: Saitama
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I am using MX-K right now and I agree with Yogi's endorsement. My only reservation (and why I haven't written a review yet) is that I actually disagree with Yogi on the topsheet (though he may be comparing to MX-P or tacky rubbers). The topsheet is extremely strong and grippy. I am concerned that this may not last which is why I want to use the rubber for 2 months before writing a review. I currently use it on both sides of a Mazunov and play well with it. But I intend to try it on a Hadraw VR and possibly a Carbonado 145/190 if I get new sheets. I mostly consider MX-K a slightly less spinny but far easier to play version of MX-S. Lighter too.

I will try the H next week. But just as I didn't really like Karis H while I loved Karis M, I expect not to like MX-K (H). I hope to be surprised.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I think NL will be surprised as MX-K H 52 degree CAN make opening topspins. Not nearly as hard as you think, grippy topsheet.

But make no bones about it, IF you do not BANG the ball with MX-K H, you won't get the performance.

I think when NL wants to hit hard, he knows enough about impact dynamics to do that. MX-K H will be a triple monster on those uber-well struck shots. You BANG it with MX-K H, the ball will go THROUGH whatever it hits leaving a melting vapor trail. Problem is, not many of us have that natural BANG impact on FH.

MX-K 47 does so many things well, even more if you are active.

Reactions: thomas.pong
I am using MX-K right now and I agree with Yogi's endorsement. My only reservation (and why I haven't written a review yet) is that I actually disagree with Yogi on the topsheet (though he may be comparing to MX-P or tacky rubbers). The topsheet is extremely strong and grippy. I am concerned that this may not last which is why I want to use the rubber for 2 months before writing a review. I currently use it on both sides of a Mazunov and play well with it. But I intend to try it on a Hadraw VR and possibly a Carbonado 145/190 if I get new sheets. I mostly consider MX-K a slightly less spinny but far easier to play version of MX-S. Lighter too.

I will try the H next week. But just as I didn't really like Karis H while I loved Karis M, I expect not to like MX-K (H). I hope to be surprised.

Which particular part?

Yogi, paragraphs are a sweet thing to make reading easier, but I also suck at Tagalog, so...…..

Hahaha. I could make it into a proper business type of writing but that would take a lot more of time if i wanted to..

I get what you are trying to say but the moment you try the MX-K H, you will see why I think that way. That short pup structure is found usually among chinese rubbers. If this kind of topsheet is on a hard sponge, the short pip structure will not allow the ball to sink too much causing less area grabbing the ball. Whereas a tacky topsheet slows down the ball upon impact which is why Tacky Chinese rubbers can get away with short pip structure. This is why with MX-K 47.5, at keast the softer sponge allows the ball to sink and you can spin it well.

Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

Hi NL, what thickness are you using for the MX-K. Also did you pickup a Hadraw VR or did you mean to write VK?

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hi Der_Echte, you, NL and yogi are making me very curious about MX-K 47. Any ideas when it'll be available in Europe and which retailers might be carrying it?

MX-K has been available for over a month, all some outfit had to do was email the international manager at [email protected] and make an order.

Koreans have bought out the entire inventory of red AND black MX-K H 52 Degree 2.1, so it will be a few months for ESN to make another production run and deliver them to Korea.

I have seen the German Outfit Spin Factory carry some Nexy stuff in the past, and there sure has to be a few other outfits, but I do not know if any of them have made an order.

By the way, the Nexy international manager at Nexy Korea HQ is a German dude.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hahaha. I could make it into a proper business type of writing but that would take a lot more of time if i wanted to..

We have seen your writing over the years and I would agree you are capable.

Americans (think 95%+) are very quick to point out the most minor errors and demand absolute perfection with English from foreigners... but at the same time RARELY ever learn a foreign language and absolutely refuse to function in a foreign culture/language... and while overseas, the same Americans DEMAND everything be done in English, so the American doesn't have to undergo the stress of struggling to learn while failing... or experience embarrassment.

I just wanted to acknowledge that as I made a comment on the paragraphs.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I am a big fan of these inverted rubbers with super short pips. I haven't tried these. But as a class I think they will help a lot of players once their technique adjusts.