Tibhar MX-K H and MX-K M

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
MX-K has been available for over a month, all some outfit had to do was email the international manager at [email protected] and make an order.

Koreans have bought out the entire inventory of red AND black MX-K H 52 Degree 2.1, so it will be a few months for ESN to make another production run and deliver them to Korea.

I have seen the German Outfit Spin Factory carry some Nexy stuff in the past, and there sure has to be a few other outfits, but I do not know if any of them have made an order.

By the way, the Nexy international manager at Nexy Korea HQ is a German dude.

Karis was not available at TT11. Unclear if the same will happen with MX-K.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Dream2K said:
Karis was not available at TT11. Unclear if the same will happen with MX-K.

I do not know if TT11 ever stocked any Nexy stuff. I also do not know if there are any marketing restrictions for the sale of MX-K in Europe. I would think Tibhar and Nexy would want to sell a lot of the stuff.

Right now, I know of only 3 places to get MX-K online. Tak9.com (Nexy's Korean website), Nexyttstore.com (Nexy's international website), and NexyUSA.com (Der_Echte + Bogeyhunter's webstore). I would expect to be seeing the several online stores who sell Nexy stuff to get some MX-K by now or at least soon.

In a previous post (maybe on another thread) I was discussing the availability of Nittaku Hammond at TT11... Hammond seems to have been off the market for a while, but yes, variants of it are still made/sold. (I think) (At least I see them on USA Paddle Palace and TT11)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Hi NL, what thickness are you using for the MX-K. Also did you pickup a Hadraw VR or did you mean to write VK?

I use 2.1mm. And yes, VR. VK is great but I need to get faster equipment. The Mazunov is fast but a bit heavy so I am trying to find the right balance. I like the 5 ply concept though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
So I have tried MX-K on a Mazunov and a Hadraw VR and MX-K (H) first on a Hadraw VK and Carbonado 190.

Both are quality rubbers. Very good topsheet grip. The softer version (still hard if going by sponge hardness) gives me more all round control to play my favorite type of game but both rubbers are extremely great on flat ball and spin directional control which was the original strength of the Karis design. Usually I feel the need to be active when using rubbers of the quality but with these rubbers I can get good results with very passive play as the ball control is very high.

The Hard version needs a slightly faster blade (and possibly relatively softer) to work for me in my opinion as it is more linear with less catapult. But I could use it on both forehand and backhand but the shots are more direct and with less dwell time. I can see what yogi meant but I find the spin adequate and the speed of the drives high quality. I think a true forehand player will prefer the hard MX-K version because the lower catapult allows for strong returns. The control of both rubbers will appeal strongly to all round offensive players who play with spin variation.

Because I have events to play this month, I will focus on the regular MX-K and revisit the harder version after Thanksgiving. I also want to see how long the rubbers last. Before giving them a final endorsement.

Both rubbers are highly recommended though players who don't generate spin with their stroke may prefer something else ‐ these aren't Tenergy 05 substitutes. But they will reward a patient user with the ability to control and bring back a lot of shots.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
NL, can you compare MX-K e

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
NL, can you compare MX-K (either version) to g1? Less catapult? Less spin for the same input?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
NL, can you compare MX-K (either version) to g1? Less catapult? Less spin for the same input?

I think G1 and T05 are made for the same kind of player but one wants a bit more control than the other. I think MX-K is made for someone who prioritizes control but is willing to spin the ball when the opportunity arises. I could see an all out attacker using it but IMO, if you want to do that there may be better rubbers. That said though, my loops have gotten their best reviews since I started using MX-K partly because the new sheets are so grippy that I can get people to block off the table on slower loops. You can also spin with more open racket angles. It is one of the reasons I keep remaining skeptical that this isn't booster influenced and want the sheets to get older before making stronger comments. I am also learning to vary spin better and I can now set people up with slower dummy loops and slower heavy topspin before driving the ball into oblivion. Blocking game is also better too.

For MX-K on a Mazunov, I have a few match videos on my page. They reflect me trying to play with MX-K mostly as an attacker ( appearances may vary). I would vary my returns much more if I played those matches with my current setup.

Reactions: thomas.pong

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
I think G1 and T05 are made for the same kind of player but one wants a bit more control than the other. I think MX-K is made for someone who prioritizes control but is willing to spin the ball when the opportunity arises.

Thanks, you saved me $30 and a two hour test. MX-K is not for me.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I am into week 4 of using MX-K 47 on FH. I still like it without booster effect. Can play a variety of shots and land the ball, better ability to handle spin and create it how I want. Countering ability is awesum.

I lowered the price of MX-K on the USA webstore and added a volume discount for 4 sheets. Anyone interested outside of USA (until their markets get MX-K) could order through the nexyusa.com webstore or email CEO at [email protected] and Nexy Korea sells it internationally at nexyttstore.com - A huge advantage of ordering from Nexy Korea's international website is they offer a bunch of other brands' products I cannot offer in USA (other distributors distro deals) Advantage of my webstore is a decent price and maybe faster arrival closer to USA.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I am into week 4 of using MX-K 47 on FH. I still like it without booster effect. Can play a variety of shots and land the ball, better ability to handle spin and create it how I want. Countering ability is awesum.

I lowered the price of MX-K on the USA webstore and added a volume discount for 4 sheets. Anyone interested outside of USA (until their markets get MX-K) could order through the nexyusa.com webstore or email CEO at [email protected] and Nexy Korea sells it internationally at nexyttstore.com - A huge advantage of ordering from Nexy Korea's international website is they offer a bunch of other brands' products I cannot offer in USA (other distributors distro deals) Advantage of my webstore is a decent price and maybe faster arrival closer to USA.

Yeah, I can see how it fits Sergey Scooby Doo to a tee. I started rolling the ball off the table and stepping back to play soft counters. You would be amazed by the levels of players that game frustrates because the ball isn't coming with the weight they are looking for.

Reactions: Der_Echte
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
IMO, there are mainly two issues at play here.

One is Tibhar's marketing policy which intentionally restricts certain rubber models to specific geographic markets. This means that anyone who wants to try these rubbers, say in Europe, has to jump through extra hassles.

Another is that these rubber models are not sufficiently different from the commonly available rubbers from the same manufacturer.

And thus only diehard EJs end up trying these rubbers ourside of regions where these rubbers are distributed.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
What ever happened to this rubber? I never hear anything about it and don't see it sold anywhere, is it discontinued?

I actually really like Nexy and Daiki rubbers, and would love to see more offerings outside of ESN. I would have loved to try this rubber.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hi Michael,

Nexy Korea is sold out in 47 degree 2.1 and there is some 52 stock left. They have a few sheets of the 2.3 sponge remaining.

I have some MX-K 47 and 52 with me. PM me if you want. I use MX-K on FH still. It is more dynamic on top end. Etika handles incoming spin well.

Etika replaced MX-K and Nexy is planning a "plus" version of Etika.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
It is not a high spin rubber. But for the level of spin it produces the control is high. I think most people who are already used to high spin rubbers will just continue to play with those.

MX-K is high spin and very dynamic on max impacts. I like it lot on big swings. On lesser impacts it is a very stable and linear rubber, you know what you are going to get from it based on what you did. Slow heavy openers are easy, so are power loops and so is counter looping. On the fast blades I tend to like it is a rocket ship. Very good players block my topspins out, whether slow or med/fast. After 6-8 months of Etika 51, my FH impact got better and then I could really use MX-K well.

When I run out of MX-K I will likely use AURUS, yes old school, I got some sheets on the cheap from TTNPP and put a new Aurus on the FH of the Mandalorian... WOW, such feel, control and spin on top end swings. I used Aurus in 2012-2013 when Korea BTY jacked up price of T05 to 75 bucks. I never forgot what a great control oriented offensive rubber it was, but after that Nexy started to make rubbers.

When my stash of Aurus runs out, I will likely use Etika until Nexy kicks out their next two generations of rubbers.

Reactions: NextLevel
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I would agree with NL's comment about MX-K not being uber high spin on the weak to medium impacts. You swing weak, you only get weak speed/spin. You give medium, you get medium. You give full, you get a turbo.

T05 with a half-azz swing can get you 70-80 percent of its spin potential... and THAT is like 100 percent of many other rubbers on the best swing and impact... getting such spin from such non-perfect swings/impacts is like crack cocaine to many players and they not gunna give that up.

says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
Der said,T05 with a half-azz swing can get you 70-80 percent of its spin potential... and THAT is like 100 percent of many other rubbers on the best swing and impact... getting such spin from such non-perfect swings/impacts is like crack cocaine to many players and they not gunna give that up.
No wonder suddenly I am playing as an absolute beast. All this while I thought it was me, but alas now I know it was just my Tenergy 05 rubber. Now I am depressed...

Last edited: