Victas koki niwa new

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
What type of inverted rubber? Is hard sponge okay?
I want to try this but I'm hesitating because I don't know what kind of rubber should I put with it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Sorry, that was not really a serious answer. I gave as much detail as you in your question.

When you ask this kind of thing, you should give more details, like:
- What are you using now
- For how long have you been playing and what is your level
- What type of game do you play
- What is your budget
- Where you can buy it from

As for the hardness of the sponge, that goes with your level, style of play and personal liking.

Reactions: splasher78
This user has no status.
I'd say, Mark V, or maybe Tenergy 05. Wait, actually Tenergy 80 works better. Actually, perhaps the latest DNA rubber suits the best since it's newer. You know what, it's gotta be Victas rubber since it's the same manufacturer.

Joking aside, don't expect to get any serious answers when you provide so little information.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Okay. I'm currently using DONIC OTC paired with MANTRA H in FH and MX-P in BH. I'm an intermediate player. My gamestyle is aggressive attacker but no consistency(when I attack the ball, when it is returned I can't attack again. I just want a blade that has balance in speed but spinny ball. I want to play in a short and mid distance because I want to hit the ball little late. Also, I want a blade that the trajectory of the ball little higher than DONIC OTC. Additional Information, I don't have knowledge to decide what rubber should I pair to DNA PRO H or to 50 degree sponge. Also, when I buy it, it's my first time to use it and I don't know if it suits to my game. I just want to hit the ball a little late

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
If you have no consistency, why do you think you should go with the 50 degrees sponge trend?

I just wanted to try but is the blade has dwell time? I'm actually looking for a blade that has dwell time, great feeling but not that irritating vibrations, spinny, and has speed around 8/10

I would stay with your DONIC blade and Mantra/MX-P rubbers and practice getting used to that setup or even get slower rubbers since you say you've no consistency, but I'm guessing you already acquired the NIWA blade so my next suggestion is transfer the rubber to the NIWA blade so you have at least some sort of 'consistency' with your equipment. Mind you I'm only speaking from experience. As other more experienced players have said here on the TTD numerous times before, when you change too many things at once it becomes very difficult to notice what differences the changes are actually doing which is paramount. The changes may even be impeding your progress but you won't know it because you've changed so much. In my experience the VICTAS KOKI NIWA BLADE NEW is a composite blade which is even faster than a VISCARIA. I've had both blades around 3-4 months with the NIWA Blade and 7-8 months with the VISCARIA. I can't comment on the DONIC blade because I haven't used one. The NIWA blade may be even too fast for your liking. But to each their own, so if you have it, by all means experiment with it, but don't expect to see any gains in control or technique. There's no magic setup that will automatically make you better. GEAR does not and CANNOT TRUMP training and hardwork. As for going with harder sponge, Control will decrease so keep that in mind. Hope this helps.

Okay. I'm currently using DONIC OTC paired with MANTRA H in FH and MX-P in BH. I'm an intermediate player. My gamestyle is aggressive attacker but no consistency(when I attack the ball, when it is returned I can't attack again. I just want a blade that has balance in speed but spinny ball. I want to play in a short and mid distance because I want to hit the ball little late. Also, I want a blade that the trajectory of the ball little higher than DONIC OTC. Additional Information, I don't have knowledge to decide what rubber should I pair to DNA PRO H or to 50 degree sponge. Also, when I buy it, it's my first time to use it and I don't know if it suits to my game. I just want to hit the ball a little late

It has some dwell time, but is REALLY FAST. You need to have good technique and consistency (which you said you don't) to utilize its speed. If you're looking for a (composite) blade with good dwell time and great feeling (i'm assuming 'wood feeling'?) without irritating vibrations (too much vibration?) I can suggest a VICTAS QUARTET AFC, or Joola Rossi Emotion. As for all-wood, try a good 5 ply off-/off like Nittaku Acoustic/Violin, OSP Virtuoso off-. These are the best feeling/dwell blades i've had in the past, although the vibrations on the OSP are more which i actually like. I've even tried my clubmates AZALEA with is great for looping and the dwell that you want. An Avalox p500 is an awesome looping blade too. I would not hesitate to go back to either one. JUst speaking from my experience. It's better to elaborate more on your skill level and setups you've used in the past to current when you ask for equipment advice. It makes it easier for others to guide you. Maybe even post a clip of yourself so others can help even more.

I just wanted to try but is the blade has dwell time? I'm actually looking for a blade that has dwell time, great feeling but not that irritating vibrations, spinny, and has speed around 8/10

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019

It has some dwell time, but is REALLY FAST. You need to have good technique and consistency (which you said you don't) to utilize its speed. If you're looking for a (composite) blade with good dwell time and great feeling (i'm assuming 'wood feeling'?) without irritating vibrations (too much vibration?) I can suggest a VICTAS QUARTET AFC, or Joola Rossi Emotion. As for all-wood, try a good 5 ply off-/off like Nittaku Acoustic/Violin, OSP Virtuoso off-. These are the best feeling/dwell blades i've had in the past, although the vibrations on the OSP are more which i actually like. I've even tried my clubmates AZALEA with is great for looping and the dwell that you want. An Avalox p500 is an awesome looping blade too. I would not hesitate to go back to either one. JUst speaking from my experience. It's better to elaborate more on your skill level and setups you've used in the past to current when you ask for equipment advice. It makes it easier for others to guide you. Maybe even post a clip of yourself so others can help even more.

Thanks for that splasher78. I want to change my style of play. I don't want a one blow anymore. I'm the one who initiates attacks like I'm attacking a 3rd ball, or even long serves, My DONIC OTC seems to be straight forward, I think it is effective if it's flat hit but I don't want to drive the ball, All I want is brushing the ball everytime so it gets more spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
There is a guy who makes a table tennis gear reviews "scientifically":
https://ttgearlab.com/category/blade/

According to his research you might want to try looking at:
- DHS 301/Long 5
- Stiga Offensive Classic
- Stiga Nostalgic
- Nittaku Acoustic / Korbel

Because as you specified they should hold the ball longer without being fast which may aid you improving. First of all you should try slowing your training down :| There is also a nice video by Dan that might help you learn brushing

Last edited: