age and selection blade

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
That is so true el gato:) I guess in tennis the court is a whole lot bigger. You need rackets like the Hammer series from Wilson to hit the ball deep, and probably lower tension on the strings. But not so much in TT I guess. Slower blades and load it with lots of spin usually for the "experienced" players. Faster blades, the faster the ball coming back at you.:)

To ElGato.In tt for beginners{children} I always advice allround blades with special small grip useful for small hands.Allround
seems that parametres of control and speed are balanced.Parametres of rubbers I prefer balanced too,like speed,spin and control,Thick 1,3-1,6 mm.It gives chance for teaching good technic skills.Fast or slow bat depends of type of player,character,temperament etc.Defensor needs more control than allrounder,or offensive player,who needs speed.
Remember about onething,as fast ball you give, such fast you can get back,without chance to return.
I wish You powerful play.Wojciech.

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
In my opinion, youngsters should use medium allround blades with slow grippy/spinny rubbers.
The grippiness will teach them crucial understanding of spin as soon as possible, whereas the 'slowness' of the rubber will provide them with margin of error.
Generally speaking, this combination should provide confidence in the correct execution of strokes, as a lot of young players compensate their too-fast-a-rubber with unfinished, short strokes, resulting in a huge unforced-error-percentage and a general mistrust in correct brushing-the-ball-situations.

As a general rule: let them first use correct strokes, even if you have to go defensive minus minus minus blade + rubber, before exercising with high-speed rubbers. But don't go easy on the spinniness, because if they don't understand spin, they'll never master the game!