Reccomendation for TT Shoes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
How have you found the Wave Drives? I have the Wave Medal 5 and they are a little wide for me so may move away from them tbh. Are you changing because they are worn out or a different reason?

Lots of people seem to like the Asics indoor shoes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
What is so good abut them?

I’m quite heavy and I have fat feet. Most shoes just open up from the sides within three months. And old basketball injuries mean that I really need the support for the feet and the back, and these shoes are amazing in that regard. In general, I find them quite light and comfortable as well.

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
Hi guys was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for some decent table tennis shoes about 3-4 times a weel use. Mostly looking for good durability and comfort. I am currently using the Mizuno Wave Drive 7 but could do with a new pair.

Thanks in advanced

I've been wearing those shoes for the last 4 years. If and when they ever wear out, I can't see how I could do any better than buy another pair.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Since I’ve changed to Asics Gel-Blade I never looked back. I’ve had 3 Gel-blade 6s and all have been really good.

Agree. I switched from Mizuno Wave Drive and haven’t looked back. Just bought a pair of ASICS Gel-Blade 7 as the the v6 started smelling too much and they’re very similar to v6. Excellent value for money.

says regularly shitposting
says regularly shitposting
Jul 2019
Another vote for the Gel rocket, mine are 8 but w/e, basically shoes that are designed for volleyball,squash or tennis should be fine, running shoes don't seem to offer the same kind of support and grip. Also the few times I have slipped has been wearing running shoes while playing, its not enough data for a good statistic but I aint gonna be playing with running shoes anymore to get more.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
Keep in mind that gel rocket or cyber blades are rigid and heavier shoes. They might offer wider toe box but if you like to step around and move quickly than you're not gonna like asics volleyball shoes...

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I find my Lezoline Rifones to be excellent, flexible, light and extremely durable.

Mizunos are very good too, the new Wave Medals are very similar to the Rifones (wide, advanced tech) and the Wave Drives are a staple (slimmer, good for tip-toeing movement).

I've also tried the Asics Gel-Blade 6 which are very popular here in France, the sizing didn't quite work for me but they also seem like a top-of-the-line product, very light with great tech.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Asics Gel-Fastball 3 - weight: 306g (10.8<wbr>oz)
Mizuno Wave Drive 7 - weight: 298g (10.5<wbr>oz)

Also, having tried both, I can't disagree more with your points "tsubasa".
Fastball are light, fast, durable, comfortable and have great feeling (and looks)

also Asics Gel Blade 6 are even lighter from both (275g), but I haven't tried them yet

Last edited:
Reactions: mart1nandersson
says Footwork footwork footwork
I started off with Adidas Samba (indoor soccer) but they were quite heavy and stiff. Then I switched to Mizuno wave drive 8’s and it was a great increase in performance as in lateral grip and lightness.

As I tend to run quite a bit when I play (statement of my bad positioning and playful manner), these seem to be wearing out quite quickly (about 9 months in with 5.5h / week of play on average).

I’m pretty happy with the performance and my knees and back are in good shape. I’d buy them again if I didn’t have time to research anything else better suited to me.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
I started off with Adidas Samba (indoor soccer) but they were quite heavy and stiff. Then I switched to Mizuno wave drive 8’s and it was a great increase in performance as in lateral grip and lightness.

As I tend to run quite a bit when I play (statement of my bad positioning and playful manner), these seem to be wearing out quite quickly (about 9 months in with 5.5h / week of play on average).

I’m pretty happy with the performance and my knees and back are in good shape. I’d buy them again if I didn’t have time to research anything else better suited to me.

I have pretty much same experience. I was on Asics Gel-Blade, moved to Adidas - the one with brown stiff flat sole (can not recall exact name) and when I moved to Mizuno Waves Drive oh what a relief was that.

Can't imagine better and more comfortable shoe.