Amicus Prime

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
5 out of 5 rating for Amicus Prime

The Amicus Prime comes with a tabloid which has an app for managing the drills. It is quite user friendly and straightforward to use. The app allows you to see the sequence of how each drill works, and has 20 pre set drills, with videos of Apolonia Tiago playing the drills. To create your own drill is very simple, and only takes a short amount of time to get the ball that you want by adjusting the amount of spin, the speed, and the placement. Everything is adjusted on the app, there is no need to manually adjust the robot for different drills. The app allows drills with balls that have varing speed, spin, and placement to be all mixed together. This is very useful in simulating the rallies that you want to practice.

With each individual drill, you can vary the frequency of the balls, all the way up to 120 balls per min. You can also set how long you want the drill to run for before it stops and give you a rest in between. With a single button, the drill can be mirrored from right side to the left side, so you can practice forehand and then backhand of the same drill without having to create 2 drills. There is also the random function, where you can randomize the spread of the ball on the table, the sequence of the drill (left vs right), and also the spin of each ball.

Occasionally the robot may miss one ball, where it seems like it shoots one out, but it doesn't quite make it, but this is very rare. It doesn't actually jam, but it just skips that ball in the drill and continues with the next shot if it ever happens.

Overall, I am happy with the Amicus Prime, it is very useful when I do not have a practice partner and when I want to practice a particular sequence of shots, such as a short push, open up backspin loop, and then looping a topspin ball.