• Join our newsletter: 
  • Welcome Guest


    Results 1 to 6 of 6
    1. Top | #1
      Fantemyr is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Norway
      Fantemyr's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Celero
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3
      Backhand Rubber DHS G888

      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Posts
      8
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Tape on Japanese penhold backhand?

      I play with a Chinese penhold grip and I've seen that some Japanese penholders have a white square on their backhand. I think it's there so their fingers won't slip, which I sometimes struggle with myself. Does anyone know what it is? I think it's some sort of tape, but I'm not sure.

      https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-f...-image14473416

    2. Top | #2
      lasta is offline
      says Wa?
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Canada
      lasta's Avatar

      Join Date
      Jul 2018
      Posts
      341
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 171 Times in 113 Posts
      Sponge. Helps with slip and finger tip pain. Just iron/rip off from one of your older sheets. I find the softer more porous sponge the least slippery and most comfortable.

    3. Top | #3
      netdriver is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Malaysia
      netdriver's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Kokutaku Bishu No.1 D40
      Forehand Rubber Friendship 729
      Backhand Rubber none lol

      Join Date
      Aug 2019
      Posts
      20
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
      yeah, its sponge

      since yoshida kaii plays traditional cpen (no rubber on the back) he put a sponge on the back for comfort

      assuming you play cpen i think attaching a sponge to your backhand rubber is considered a violation of ITTF rules (if you are concerned with the rules at all) although i am not quite 100% sure as i am not that familiar with the rules myself in detail

      however if you are really desperate for a better grip on your cpen then maybe you could refer to this thread:

      http://mytabletennis.net/forum/scrat...opic64067.html

      apparently its legal and also not legal??? but hey, the purpose of forums are to discuss with one another
      Last edited by netdriver; 5 Days Ago at 09:59 AM.

    4. Top | #4
      Fantemyr is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Norway
      Fantemyr's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Celero
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3
      Backhand Rubber DHS G888

      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Posts
      8
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by netdriver View Post
      yeah, its sponge

      since yoshida kaii plays traditional cpen (no rubber on the back) he put a sponge on the back for comfort

      assuming you play cpen i think attaching a sponge to your backhand rubber is considered a violation of ITTF rules (if you are concerned with the rules at all) although i am not quite 100% sure as i am not that familiar with the rules myself in detail

      however if you are really desperate for a better grip on your cpen then maybe you could refer to this thread:

      http://mytabletennis.net/forum/scrat...opic64067.html

      apparently its legal and also not legal??? but hey, the purpose of forums are to discuss with one another
      Thank you for the information. But why would it not be legal? Is it because I use the RPB?

    5. Top | #5
      netdriver is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Malaysia
      netdriver's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Kokutaku Bishu No.1 D40
      Forehand Rubber Friendship 729
      Backhand Rubber none lol

      Join Date
      Aug 2019
      Posts
      20
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Fantemyr View Post
      Thank you for the information. But why would it not be legal? Is it because I use the RPB?
      i think you're not supposed to modify your rubber in any way, period.

      but dont let that stop you from sanding your rubber if you want to

      it certainly didnt stop wang hao from playing in matches

    6. Top | #6
      Fantemyr is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Norway
      Fantemyr's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Celero
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3
      Backhand Rubber DHS G888

      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Posts
      8
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by netdriver View Post
      i think you're not supposed to modify your rubber in any way, period.

      but dont let that stop you from sanding your rubber if you want to

      it certainly didnt stop wang hao from playing in matches
      Lol. So true

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Log in or Register
    BACK TO TOP