Xiom Omega 7 Hyper and Vega X

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
After 4-5 months using Vega X on both sides, I've switched back to Vega Pro.

My overall impression of Vega X:
- Just a slight faster and spinnier than Vega Pro.
- Higher arc
- Significantly more spin sensitive
- Way heavier than Vega Pro (which is strange given that they have the same sponge only different topsheet)
- Wear out faster than Vega Pro
- Not so good for passive and active blocks as Vega Pro.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
After 4-5 months using Vega X on both sides, I've switched back to Vega Pro.My overall impression of Vega X:- Just a slight faster and spinnier than Vega Pro.- Higher arc- Significantly more spin sensitive- Way heavier than Vega Pro (which is strange given that they have the same sponge only different topsheet)- Wear out faster than Vega Pro- Not so good for passive and active blocks as Vega Pro.
Totally agree!

I'll also add that Vega X feels harder than Pro although the sponge hardness is the same, its topsheet's pimple structure must be denser, which would also explain the added weight.

Both good rubbers, but overall I also prefer Pro.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arkady
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
Totally agree!

I'll also add that Vega X feels harder than Pro although the sponge hardness is the same, its topsheet's pimple structure must be denser, which would also explain the added weight.

Both good rubbers, but overall I also prefer Pro.

Indeed a more dense pimple structure would explain the added weight.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
The sponge of the Vega X feels more dense.

According to Xiom's catalogue at least,both VP and VX have a sponge hardness of 47.5o while they differ in the topsheet technology where the VP uses Hyper Elasto technology and VX Elasto Futura, which is actually the technology of Omega VII topsheets

Last edited:
This user has no status.
According to Xiom's catalogue at least,both VP and VX have a sponge hardness of 47.5o while they differ in the topsheet technology where the VP uses Hyper Elasto technology and VX Elasto Futura, which is actually the technology of Omega VII topsheets

Elasto Futura, from the cover of my VII Tour

This is comparing to the Vega Pro rubber not the Hyper, if i may add.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I played with this rubber on FH for some time, but it spent most of the time in the bag. For the love of god, this rubber does not fare well with time. After a year of being glued (stored with a protective adhesive sheet) this feels like a re-heated old cutlet. Feels terrible. I tried reboosting it to get some more use from it, we will see how it goes.

If someone wants to buy that rubber used or buy a bat with that rubber on it, I suggest caution.