Back to Forum
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Results 141 to 148 of 148
  1. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,503 5,367
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,367 2,503
    #141
    I would say the Hyper is really fast but as what Airoc said, grest effort results to grest results or shots.
    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

  2. Arkady is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 51 141
    Arkady's Avatar
    Arkady is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 141 51
    #142
    After 4-5 months using Vega X on both sides, I've switched back to Vega Pro.

    My overall impression of Vega X:
    - Just a slight faster and spinnier than Vega Pro.
    - Higher arc
    - Significantly more spin sensitive
    - Way heavier than Vega Pro (which is strange given that they have the same sponge only different topsheet)
    - Wear out faster than Vega Pro
    - Not so good for passive and active blocks as Vega Pro.

    The Following User Likes Arkady's Post:

    thomas.pong


  3. thomas.pong is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 649 1,408
    thomas.pong's Avatar
    thomas.pong is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,408 649
    #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkady
    After 4-5 months using Vega X on both sides, I've switched back to Vega Pro.My overall impression of Vega X:- Just a slight faster and spinnier than Vega Pro.- Higher arc- Significantly more spin sensitive- Way heavier than Vega Pro (which is strange given that they have the same sponge only different topsheet)- Wear out faster than Vega Pro- Not so good for passive and active blocks as Vega Pro.
    Totally agree!

    I'll also add that Vega X feels harder than Pro although the sponge hardness is the same, its topsheet's pimple structure must be denser, which would also explain the added weight.

    Both good rubbers, but overall I also prefer Pro.

    The Following User Likes thomas.pong's Post:

    Arkady

    Last edited by thomas.pong; 4 Days Ago at 11:11 AM.

  4. Arkady is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 51 141
    Arkady's Avatar
    Arkady is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 141 51
    #144
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas.pong
    Totally agree!

    I'll also add that Vega X feels harder than Pro although the sponge hardness is the same, its topsheet's pimple structure must be denser, which would also explain the added weight.

    Both good rubbers, but overall I also prefer Pro.


    Indeed a more dense pimple structure would explain the added weight.

    The Following User Likes Arkady's Post:

    thomas.pong


  5. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,503 5,367
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,367 2,503
    #145
    The sponge of the Vega X feels more dense.
    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

  6. Arkady is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 51 141
    Arkady's Avatar
    Arkady is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 141 51
    #146
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear
    The sponge of the Vega X feels more dense.
    [fsize=11pt]According to Xiom's catalogue at least,both VP and VX have a sponge hardness of 47.5o while they differ in the topsheet technology where the VP uses Hyper Elasto technology and VX Elasto Futura, which is actually the technology of Omega VII topsheets[/fsize]
    Last edited by Arkady; 3 Days Ago at 06:43 AM.

  7. quanghuysk is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 87 112
    quanghuysk's Avatar
    quanghuysk is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 112 87
    #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkady
    [fsize=11pt]According to Xiom's catalogue at least,both VP and VX have a sponge hardness of 47.5o while they differ in the topsheet technology where the VP uses Hyper Elasto technology and VX Elasto Futura, which is actually the technology of Omega VII topsheets[/fsize]
    Elasto Futura, from the cover of my VII Tour

  8. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,503 5,367
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,367 2,503
    #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkady
    [fsize=11pt]According to Xiom's catalogue at least,both VP and VX have a sponge hardness of 47.5o while they differ in the topsheet technology where the VP uses Hyper Elasto technology and VX Elasto Futura, which is actually the technology of Omega VII topsheets[/fsize]

    This is comparing to the Vega Pro rubber not the Hyper, if i may add.

    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.