Xiom Omega 7 Hyper and Vega X

This user has no status.
Hey Yogi, very nice review. I am very interested of Xiom Vega X. I've been playing Xiom Vega Pro for some time and in my opinion it's a brilliant rubber for me. Few weeks ago I read ( I think) Your post and You said there that VP it's a little bit outdated rubber in plastic balls era. This opinion pushed me to try newest rubber from Xiom- Omega VII Europe. Unfortunately, I didn't like this change. It seemed to me that my forehand attacks were weaker and opponent was able to deal it with them suprisingly easy. Moreover, I lost control on block... So after 4 or 5 trainigs I came back to VP. I didn't try Omega VII pro because probably it could be a little bit too fast for me... But now when You say that Xiom Vega X will be a nice replacement for VP I can't wait to test it. Or maybe I should try also Omega VII Pro? What do You think? My blade is Butterfly TB ZLF and I use VP on my forehand side.
O7 Euro sponge is simply too soft. To me only O7 pro or beyond the sponge is sufficient hard to being out the spin potential and power of the rubber topsheet. Euro felt noticeably weaker to me than even the Pro which has the 2nd softest sponge right after Euro's.

as a final note on the Hyper, I simply would recommend this to elite level players. Even world class players can appreciate and use this to their heart's content if they are not using Tenergy 05H since the hyper can outperform T05H in many aspects.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
That's pretty heavy for a 47 degree rubber. Is the topsheet very hard? How is it relative to the Vega Pro? I'll pick up a sheet if its nice hard and direct.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
That's pretty heavy for a 47 degree rubber. Is the topsheet very hard? How is it relative to the Vega Pro? I'll pick up a sheet if its nice hard and direct.

Vega Pro is among the heaviest European rubbers, more than 0.25gr/cm[SUP]2 [/SUP]for max thickness I think this is because of the dense and hard sponge, not the topsheet.

I should expect Vega X to be equally heavy...

On the contrary, Vega Europe is very light almost 0.20gr/cm[SUP]2[/SUP]

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
Both sponge and topsheet seem more dense than the VP.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Vega Pro is among the heaviest European rubbers, more than 25gr/cm[SUP]2 [/SUP]for max thickness I think this is because of the dense and hard sponge, not the topsheet.

On the contrary, Vega Europe is very light almost 20gr/cm[SUP]2[/SUP]

That can't be right, an entire sheet of Vega Pro is ~71gr. I think these numbers are off by two orders of magnitude. 0.25g/cm[SUP]2 [/SUP]would be about right for Vega Pro (max). Anyway, I agree that Vega X should not be expected to be any lighter than Vega Pro, but let's by all means find out.

https://tabletennis-reviews.com/reference/rubber-sheet-mass-size-database/ offers a useful glance, by the way, into these matters.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Vega Pro is among the heaviest European rubbers, more than 25gr/cm[SUP]2 [/SUP]for max thickness I think this is because of the dense and hard sponge, not the topsheet.

On the contrary, Vega Europe is very light almost 20gr/cm[SUP]2[/SUP]

Really? My Vega Pro is only 44g cut. And I didn't find the sponge very dense either. The same one is used for Vega Asia which is only 42g cut, very light.