Xiom Omega 7 Hyper and Vega X

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
Both sponge and topsheet seem more dense than the VP.

That can't be right, an entire sheet of Vega Pro is ~71gr. I think these numbers are off by two orders of magnitude. 0.25g/cm[SUP]2 [/SUP]would be about right for Vega Pro (max). Anyway, I agree that Vega X should not be expected to be any lighter than Vega Pro, but let's by all means find out.

https://tabletennis-reviews.com/reference/rubber-sheet-mass-size-database/ offers a useful glance, by the way, into these matters.

Yup that's the database that I looked into to report the numbers.
For Vega Pro there are two references for about 0.235gr/cm[SUP]2 [/SUP]and one for about 0.252gr/cm[SUP]2 [/SUP]
Vega Europe is unquestionably lighter, maybe 0.21gr/cm[SUP]2[/SUP]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
Really? My Vega Pro is only 44g cut. And I didn't find the sponge very dense either. The same one is used for Vega Asia which is only 42g cut, very light.

Is it max thickness?
If you look at the database, it demonstrates that it VP is a very heavy rubber, no question about that.
I find the sponge very dense, the pores are very small in comparison to other sponges.

And from my personal experience, I can verify that it is the heaviest that I've used.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Yes, max thickness. I guess that's rubber QC for ya. Haha.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Yup that's the database that I looked into to report the numbers.
For Vega Pro there are two references for about 23.5gr/cm[SUP]2 [/SUP]and one for about 25.2gr/cm[SUP]2 [/SUP]
Vega Europe is unquestionably lighter, maybe 21gr/cm[SUP]2[/SUP]

That's off by a factor of 100, but I guess I noted that already.

Reactions: dajdosta
Wondering if the VX is more of an updated version of the Vega Japan rather than of the VP.

more of Vega Pro according to Xiom. Do not get me wrong I love Vega Japan more than VP but the characteristics are just way different.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This is what I found in a Japanese website:
Omega VII Hyper is the latest XIOM rubber to be released in late December 2019.
A new family is added to the OMEGA VII series, but the concept differs greatly from the previous lineup.

The reference for the development is a certain Chinese-made adhesive rubber used by many Chinese national players.
To reproduce the world's strongest spin ball created by an extremely hard sponge and a strong spinning topsheet, we first redesigned the sponge design.
In other words, the density of the pores is extremely high, achieving a sponge hardness close to the original Chinese rubber.
The hardness is 55 degrees, which is the same as the tour, but it is even stronger.

However, the docking of a thin, supple and easy-to-grip topsheet that made full use of the cycloid technology kept the overall rubber hardness (tester feel) below 50 degrees.
This special tuning gives the player the feeling that the ball at impact will momentarily stop on the rubber surface, even though the topsheet of the OMEGA Hyper is not sticky.
This is the Chinese rubber feeling.

In addition, the dramatically hard tension sponge has enough power to launch the ball, so it is unlikely that you will feel lack of speed.
The performance of adhesive rubber made in China drops dramatically when the adhesive strength of the top sheet decreases, but there is no such concern with Omega VII Hyper.
Stable performance and outstanding control are always ensured, so it can be used in top conditions for a long time.

Omega VII Hyper is the ultimate rubber that has surpassed it in terms of ease of handling while being comparable in hardness and power to Chinese rubber.
What's going on behind the scenes, the strongest in the world? This new monster should tell you the answer.

xiom_rubber_all.jpg
This table shows all xiom rubbers, in order speed, spin, sponge hardness.
Omega VII hyper and Vega X are available on TTJAPAN since this december

Reactions: sampletext
Yea Vega Pro (linear) and Japan (dynamic) are very different indeed.

Now, would you say you like Vega X more than Vega Japan?
Also is Vega Japan still more dynamic than X?

I like vegabjapan as a forehand rubber because of the higher arc while vega X is a good Bh rubber.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This is what I found in a Japanese website:
Omega VII Hyper is the latest XIOM rubber to be released in late December 2019.
A new family is added to the OMEGA VII series, but the concept differs greatly from the previous lineup.

The reference for the development is a certain Chinese-made adhesive rubber used by many Chinese national players.
To reproduce the world's strongest spin ball created by an extremely hard sponge and a strong spinning topsheet, we first redesigned the sponge design.
In other words, the density of the pores is extremely high, achieving a sponge hardness close to the original Chinese rubber.
The hardness is 55 degrees, which is the same as the tour, but it is even stronger.

However, the docking of a thin, supple and easy-to-grip topsheet that made full use of the cycloid technology kept the overall rubber hardness (tester feel) below 50 degrees.
This special tuning gives the player the feeling that the ball at impact will momentarily stop on the rubber surface, even though the topsheet of the OMEGA Hyper is not sticky.
This is the Chinese rubber feeling.

In addition, the dramatically hard tension sponge has enough power to launch the ball, so it is unlikely that you will feel lack of speed.
The performance of adhesive rubber made in China drops dramatically when the adhesive strength of the top sheet decreases, but there is no such concern with Omega VII Hyper.
Stable performance and outstanding control are always ensured, so it can be used in top conditions for a long time.

Omega VII Hyper is the ultimate rubber that has surpassed it in terms of ease of handling while being comparable in hardness and power to Chinese rubber.
What's going on behind the scenes, the strongest in the world? This new monster should tell you the answer.

View attachment 20413
This table shows all xiom rubbers, in order speed, spin, sponge hardness.
Omega VII hyper and Vega X are available on TTJAPAN since this december

I have been telling people before that the Hyper is powerful than T05H and if not the same amount of spin, it is even spinnier IMO.