Butterfly Tomokazu Harimoto Innerforce ALC Blade Review

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Hi Dan,

I love T05 FX on the BH of my Harimoto, great BH rubber, much like described in your video with Kreanga.

I was going to use it on the FH too, but since the blade has a soft feeling, I upgrading to T05.

T05fx is such a great bh rubber. For Fh despite the extra control it would be great but T05 on fh is better for outright winners I think. Obviously depending on your level.

I have temporarily been using dignics again on my new apolonia blade which has much better feeling and dwell compared to my IFL ZLC and have found it easier to use so I can’t wait for my new sheet of T05fx to arrive next week for my Bh which will be even easier to use.

I have never used a ALC blade before. I went from all wood to IFL ZLC to now Apolonia ZLC.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
If one looks at the numbers in the links below, Innerforce ALC should behave extremely similarly to Clipper CC. Or one could surmise that Clipper CC is somewhere between Innerforce ALC and Innerforce ZLC (with the composites being very close to each other).

Could somebody who played with all three or two of them agree or disagree with the research at TTGear Lab?
https://ttgearlab.com/2017/02/16/sa...edition-vs-some-7-ply-wood-blades-comparison/
https://ttgearlab.com/2018/12/12/butterfly-innerforce-layer-alc-lab-test/

Last edited:
This user has no status.
T05fx is such a great bh rubber. For Fh despite the extra control it would be great but T05 on fh is better for outright winners I think. Obviously depending on your level.

I have temporarily been using dignics again on my new apolonia blade which has much better feeling and dwell compared to my IFL ZLC and have found it easier to use so I can’t wait for my new sheet of T05fx to arrive next week for my Bh which will be even easier to use.

I have never used a ALC blade before. I went from all wood to IFL ZLC to now Apolonia ZLC.

Have you tried DIGNICS 05 FX? I rarely hear people talk about the FX version.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Have you tried DIGNICS 05 FX? I rarely hear people talk about the FX version.

That's because FX versions of Dignics are not a thing, at least not yet. Don't know if Butterfly have plans to release them or not, doesn't seem like it based on the LARC but we'll see... I'd be very interested, but maybe it'd beat the point of Dignics?

They just released Dignics 80 and 64, and 09C is on the LARC. Perhaps they're not done expending on the series.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
That's because FX versions of Dignics are not a thing, at least not yet. Don't know if Butterfly have plans to release them or not, doesn't seem like it based on the LARC but we'll see... I'd be very interested, but maybe it'd beat the point of Dignics?

They just released Dignics 80 and 64, and 09C is on the LARC. Perhaps they're not done expending on the series.

Ohhhh. I just automatically assumed that there was an FX version. Good to know.

says Or is it more legit...
Sep 2019
I’m not a beginner but I can be said as an intermediate player, who’s still learning the techniques and tactics in table tennis. I’m reli in love with this blade. But may I know if this balde might fix with me. Thank u:)

Sep 2019
I’ve been playing for around 2 and a half years frm now. I was quite addicted to table tennis since young but didn’t learn the techniques n tactics well during Tht time. Juz now. It’s been nearly 3 yrs Tht I’ve been playing.
My current set up is blade- juz an ordinary 729 blade
Rubbers- joola rhyzm p on both forehand and backhand
Thank u

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I’ve been playing for around 2 and a half years frm now. I was quite addicted to table tennis since young but didn’t learn the techniques n tactics well during Tht time. Juz now. It’s been nearly 3 yrs Tht I’ve been playing.
Thank u

You could try the Harimoto Innerforce ALC with your current rubbers, although you could probably benefit more from a 5-ply all-wood OFF- blade with more control like the Butterfly Primorac or Korbel if you're still learning many of the techniques and tactics.

Last edited:
Reactions: Colin Ksh

NDH

says Spin to win!
Thank u

It's not the answer you want to hear, but no, the Harimoto blade will not be good for you. Nor will any carbon blade.

The vast majority of people (especially those starting out), would benefit massively from all wood blades for many, many years.

Until you can hit a booming forehand loop, or beautiful backhand loop, why would you need a carbon blade?

So if you want to genuinely improve, get an all wood blade and stick with it.

If you want a blade that you like the look of, you can get the Harimoto :)