How does the Stiga Infinity VPS blade compare with the DHS Hurricane Long 3

This user has no status.
I am currently using the Stiga Infinity VPS blade and have been using it for some time after trying a number of different composite and wood blades. I do prefer all wood blades after much experimentation. I have been thinking about experimenting with the DHS Hurricane Long 3 and was wondering how it compares with what I am currently using. Any insights?

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Hi,

I have both the blades, setup as below:

1. Stiga Infinity VPS Legend FL
FH - H3Neo Provincial Blue
BH - Mizuno Q4
used for 7 months approximately 2 hours daily

2. DHS Long 3 FL
FH - H3Neo Provincial Orange (x2)
BH - Andro Rasanter R50 (x2)
used for 18-19 months approximately 2 hours daily, changed rubbers once

Below are my thoughts based on experience mentioned above

Infinity VPS:
- Legend FL Handle is extremely comfortable for large hands like mine, however, FH to BH transition is a pain point
- Handle absorbs sweat and handle color changes from brown to a darker brown color, looks great
- Mine is a 92g blade, so it is balanced even when I pair hard and heavy rubbers on both side, it does not feel head heavy
- Speed is medium fast on scale of butterfly (between off- and off)
- Spin is not that great, as the blade doesn't grab the ball well
- Control is good, blocks land on table even when it doesn't hit the sweet spot
- Feeling on hard hits give you the typical stiga hollow feel (not to my likings)
- Vibrations are more on light weight and on a heavy blade like mine, its enough to know where you hit the ball; Vibrations are still higher than I prefer
- Trajectory is medium to high, dream for beginners; bad for intermediate & advanced players; ball tends to land outside table even with hurricane 3 Neo

Long 3:
- FL handle is round and fits the hand quite well, transition from FH to BH is pure love with this handle
- 91g blade, when paired with heavy rubbers becomes slightly head heavy
- Speed is fast on butterfly scale (off), execute a power loop and point is yours
- Spin is surprisingly very good on this blade, slow spinny loops are dangerous; spin serves are a nightmare for opponents
- Control is average on this blade and requires a technique; serve receive and blocks may punish you, if not executed well (blade is not for beginners)
- Feeling is soft on this blade, vibrations are very low, there is a distinct feeling when the blade is new, which vanishes after usage of 3-4 months.
- This blade has a medium trajectory and high throw is perfect from a step away from table (mid distance)

Long 3 is a loopers dream, a looping machine, splendid for chinese style play and I love it over any other blade for competitive play.

Hope this helps,
Cheers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk