Austrian Open 2019 [12-17 November 2019]

I agree with some of this, but these players didn't "come out of nowhere". As the last 3 games showed, these guys can still create upsets, it is just that Danny is too focused on single matches, rather than realizing that the most important thing is to be showing progress. The Olympics are a single moment. China is still the dominant power. But LYJ and TH have shown me enough for me to see that they have a chance - it is like 5% but 5% in the Olympics is better than zero.

By "out of nowhere" I mean in the sense of the international circuit. We havn't seen that much of them playing THAT many competitive matches against other top players, mostly because they havn't been on the scene that long and havn't had a chance to.

I think Danny isn't neccessarily focused on single matches, as their overall level of play. He's expecting them to already be favourites or roughly even against top players like FZD. This is simply not the case. FZD simply has a more complete and overall better game than either of these players at the moment, they are not going to be walking into a match with him as the favourite anytime soon (at least unless FZD hits another major slump).

I agree upsets are possible, especially, I think from LYJ. But he's not going to be looking like a better player against people who are genuinely top players at the moment, because he just hasn't had that development in his game yet. It's also what makes it an upset, it wouldn't be an upset if he were just better than everyone and is expecting to win.

Reactions: Sali and NextLevel
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
CIC decided take a detour around the ball kids...XD

CIC spices up the CNT long-serve tactic with some plain backspin/no-spin serves for some 3rd ball winners.

Compared to last time in WTGF 2018, Ito could hold her own in the rallies here, which is good enough.

Both are picking up points on their own serves. It'll come down to the 3rd balls.

G4, TO for CIC at 6:3 after Ito's side edge. 8:6, 8:8(1x kick serve, 1x 3rd ball), 11:8 for Ito.

That backspin hook serve by Ito to CIC's short FH is so spinny. Straight to the bottom of the net even though pushed back.

yThjmBr.jpg

A0CLeB4.jpg

CIC came prepared and stole a game from Ito but no more WTGF 2018.

kYmX3Ck.jpg

Last edited:

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
in a game between dima and harimoto you claim that harimoto is annoying? I can understand that people dont like his choing, but at the same dima is even worse with his delayed shouting in the rallys... sounds like double standards for me

Yes I agree with that, how long has Dima been doing that, I don't remember seeing it before much!

Reactions: mrk
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Ito knows how to arrange adventures for himself ....

I would like to hope that Now Ito will bring the game to victory ....

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Hayata keeps getting those winners back. Yup, from LGY. Harimoto will be the one who makes or breaks.

yKZa32v.jpg

Harimoto can't keep up in G2. Too many soft returns.

G3
Hayata = man
Harimoto = sissy

G4
Hayata = superman
Harimoto = man

Jy2nvjO.jpg

hCjdsEr.jpg

sjusWfq.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Interviewer: These are the winners... Hina Hayata.... and... Harimoto... Tomokazu!

Lol everyone could see who carried the team.

P.S. Also Adam has to stop with his half-assed knowledge about the Chinese, culture and language wise. "Lin Gaoyuan, from Sichuan speaks Cantonese and Mandarin." Just stop.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
If this tournament doesn't convince JTTA that Hayata deserves that 3rd spot, I don't know what will. She really deserves the 2nd spot, but at the very least should be on the Olympic team as the 3rd player. First, 4-0 over HM and now the star player as XD champion.

Maybe Hirano felt the pressure as well and thats why she played that bad against Hayata (even though i think Hayata is the better player at the moment anyway by a good margin)

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
If this tournament doesn't convince JTTA that Hayata deserves that 3rd spot, I don't know what will. She really deserves the 2nd spot, but at the very least should be on the Olympic team as the 3rd player. First, 4-0 over HM and now the star player as XD champion.

I think her body of work is good, but it is never a good thing to point to one tournament. She would have to win the whole thing to make that case. And then have one or two more good results, especially the Japanese top 12 and Champs.

Jan 2018
Interviewer: These are the winners... Hina Hayata.... and... Harimoto... Tomokazu!

Lol everyone could see who carried the team.

P.S. Also Adam has to stop with his half-assed knowledge about the Chinese, culture and language wise. "Lin Gaoyuan, from Sichuan speaks Cantonese and Mandarin." Just stop.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
https://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/tabletennis/news/2019/11/007480.html
試合後のインタビューは早田は「1ゲーム目と3ゲーム目はすごくいい展開だったんですけど、2ゲーム目を取られてしまって。悪い展開が回ってきたときに、自分たちがまず攻めていく、そして打てないところはしっかりつないで、打てるところだけを狙っていくことを2人で話し合って試合に入りました」と語った。
In the post-match interview, Hayata said, "The 1st and 3rd games were really good developments, but the 2nd game was taken. When the bad development came around, we talked together that we were going to attack first, and where we couldn’t hit it, we were aiming only where we could hit."

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVG4KpQRpA99jZk2hHZT9-Q/community?lb=UgwG8H8PxDRdttCl-Gx4AaABCQ
1y3DB7d.png