Austrian Open 2019 [12-17 November 2019]

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
zeio´s noobometer must be triggering so hard

42e570e13d5890c6fd4560281f53b586e836cabe_n.jpg

offending? no no. more like ROFLMAO or facepalm. depends on his personality.

Yea, nothing wrong with the question. It's the suggestion that Bobrow is an otaku for observing Japanese culture that's hilarious.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Chan is simply a suffix used by the elder to address with affection a younger girl. The equivalent word for boys is Kun.
Japanese journalists often call her Mima Chan in interviews. They did the same calling Fukuhara Ai-chan

Last edited:

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
So I googled Japanese honorifics. Shouldn't they start calling her Mima senpai? An upperclassman (woman) in a school or sports club, according to Google wisdom. She is clearly their #1 woman player now. Or does it go by seniority regardless of position on the team or results?

And if she really wins gold in Tokyo they may start calling her Ito-sama.

"Chan (ちゃん) is a form of san used to refer to children and female family members, close friends and lovers. The change from san to chan is a kind of "baby talk" in Japanese where "sh" sounds are turned into "ch" sounds, such as chitchai for chiisai, "small".Chan is also used for adults who are considered to be kawaii (cute or loveable). For example, Arnold Schwarzenegger gained the nickname Shuwa-chan (シュワちゃん).
Chan is sometimes applied to male children if the name does not fit with the kun suffix. For example, a boy called Tetsuya may be nicknamed Tetchan rather than Tekkun for reasons more to do with phonetics than anything else."

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
Jan 2018
I did not suggest that. I thought chan is some kind of chinese word, and it sound strange to me that is why I asked.

That part is referring to a comment by a different member, not you. As I replied, that's a valid question. Nothing wrong with that.

Bobrow is to blame in part for this. He refers to players how they'd be addressed within their own cliques, mashing up terms from different cultures while doing so under the assumption that others would follow.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Once and for all, Wang Chuqin was born in 1998. He was overage(20) when he played at the Youth Olympics(only 15-18) last year. There's a thread on Tieba where folks posted evidence, which has since been removed.

So there's the official birth day vs. the actual birth day. Truth matters, and evidence would count; and as evidence gets destroyed or tampered with, the waters muddy. Even so, the act of tampering in itself is incriminating, and such shenanigans I find unacceptable.

Jan 2018
So there's the official birth day vs. the actual birth day. Truth matters, and evidence would count; and as evidence gets destroyed or tampered with, the waters muddy. Even so, the act of tampering in itself is incriminating, and such shenanigans I find unacceptable.

That's old news. The "tradition" has been going on for decades. The CTTA is aware and has been cracking down really hard since late 2000's. Those born before 2010 will hopefully be the last of it as China moves to an e-society.

WCQ doesn't hide it, but his case is disgraceful in that he competed in the age-restricted WJTTC and AJTTC while being overage. It's a rare occurrence since the CNT used to avoid doing that. If only Harimoto didn't burst onto the scene.

Last but not least, I should stress that ZJK, ML, and FZD are clean. They are truly impressive for having competed against "kids" 2 to 3 years older than them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
Wang Hao actually has gone to Austria too and coached the men’s double final. But it was QZJ coaching FZD for the men’s single final. You made me wonder the same now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
That's old news. The "tradition" has been going on for decades. The CTTA is aware and has been cracking down really hard since late 2000's. Those born before 2010 will hopefully be the last of it as China moves to an e-society.

WCQ doesn't hide it, but his case is disgraceful in that he competed in the age-restricted WJTTC and AJTTC while being overage. It's a rare occurrence since the CNT used to avoid doing that. If only Harimoto didn't burst onto the scene.

Last but not least, I should stress that ZJK, ML, and FZD are clean. They are truly impressive for having competed against "kids" 2 to 3 years older than them.
Do you mean that WCQ was forced by the CNT to play in age-restricted events when he was over the age limit (presumably so they could send someone who could beat Harimoto)? In that case it's not really his fault, and the disgrace belongs to the coaches or administrators who put him in that position. Just want to be clear about this.

Reactions: driversbeat
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Nextlevel knew my stance beforehand when many people still believed XX will play singles.

The shorthand "certified" is common in hospitals in Hong Kong since the word "dead" is still considered taboo and is often skipped out of respect for the deceased. I used this as a pun. The images should've made it clear.

Like I said, and I don't like being a grammar Nazi, "certify" didn't mean what you thought it meant. I think we all substantively agree and I agreed with you as well prior to the event but what you wrote just didn't make sense though your explanation confirmed what I said. Since it is a HK thing per your post, it makes even more sense why it was confusing.

Last edited:

vik

This user has no status.

vik

This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
How does it work,parents fix birthday certificate or CNT fix?

Last edited: