3CrQNqR.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Harimoto didn't play like crap. The seventh game everything went Dima's way, that's all. Harimoto fought like hell, but Dima had the crowd on his side, and his bh caught fire when he needed it to. Dima's bh is amazing when he lets it rip.

This user has no status.
haven't watched yet Harimoto v Dima, it was during the night here

Harimoto won last week in WTC when it mattered (even it was best of 5)
Ok he lost today but 3-4 it doesn't seem like a disaster

Dima is still an excellent player. Nothing to be too upset about for Harimoto

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I am sure it has been discussed before, but for me. Harimoto is not a child anymore in table tennis terms certainly not. He needs to grow up a bit and cut back on his choing. It really is disrespectful to cho points that were not amazing. He does it too much, it's just really annoying. I think he would be the most popular player in the mens game, if he did not do it. I think it turns a lot of people off. I love him for being a fantastic talent who might be able to challenge the Chinese, but I hate his constant choing and shouting.

On the Dima thing, Dima played fantastic, served well and his bh was nuts!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Oh dang, Kihara was so promising. I guess ZYL decided serving Nagasaki alone is enough. Top half looks promising for ZYL since the rest are all her own teammates and she's the teammate killer.

Hayata looks on form (and with the LSW blade in hand which might be imbued with vengeful qualities?) and stands a good chance of ousting QTY. My conundrum is now whether I wanna see a repeat of Swedish Open 2018 or ZYL battling another Japanese young left-hander.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
She needs to concentrate as much as possible on the TOP-12 ....

(Did you notice who the coach is in HinaHari games? In the last match, it was Miki Baba ....)

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Polcanova was fun to watch but she couldn't hang with Qian in bh-bh rallies. The match wasn't really as close as it looked. Polcanova also had a massive leg wrap on so she may not have been at full strength.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
I am sure it has been discussed before, but for me. Harimoto is not a child anymore in table tennis terms certainly not. He needs to grow up a bit and cut back on his choing. It really is disrespectful to cho points that were not amazing. He does it too much, it's just really annoying. I think he would be the most popular player in the mens game, if he did not do it. I think it turns a lot of people off. I love him for being a fantastic talent who might be able to challenge the Chinese, but I hate his constant choing and shouting.

On the Dima thing, Dima played fantastic, served well and his bh was nuts!!

in a game between dima and harimoto you claim that harimoto is annoying? I can understand that people dont like his choing, but at the same dima is even worse with his delayed shouting in the rallys... sounds like double standards for me

This user has no status.
It seems like there's no hope for a non CHN player to win in Tokyo.. At first i thought it would be Harimoto, but then CNT shut him down. After that I thought LYJ would be the one, but once again it seems like CNT has shut him down as well, considering he's getting wrecked by FZD right now. It's just hopeless.. Oh well, at least on the women's side there's slightly more hope with Mima Ito.

Last edited:
It seems like there's no hope for a non CHN player to win in Tokyo.. At first i thought it would be Harimoto, but then CNT shut him down. After that I thought LYJ would be the one, but once again it seems like CNT has shut him down as well, considering he's getting wrecked by FZD right now. It's just hopeless.. Oh well, at least on the women's side there's slightly more hope with Mima Ito.

It's because you keep putting your hopes behind young unproven talent.

While exceptional talent might be sufficient to upset a series of top players in quick succession, win a few tournaments, maybe even platinum events. No truly top level player has just appeared on the scene and started dominating, staying at the top. You always need to fortify your talent with better mechanics, better physicality and big match experience.

Both Harimoto and LYJ are still very young and have not had the opportunity to fine tune their game. Harimoto also has some rather simple holes in his game that obviously need to be fixed.

Their real test will not be 2020 but how they develop in the long run. To expect players that young to come out of nowhere and take olympic gold is... frankly insane. That's just not the kind of sport TT is.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
in a game between dima and harimoto you claim that harimoto is annoying? I can understand that people dont like his choing, but at the same dima is even worse with his delayed shouting in the rallys... sounds like double standards for me

I 100% agree. It is ridiculous to bring up Harimoto's behavior and praise Dima's in the same match which was to me more annoying.

This user has no status.

While exceptional talent might be sufficient to upset a series of top players in quick succession, win a few tournaments, maybe even platinum events. No truly top level player has just appeared on the scene and started dominating, staying at the top. You always need to fortify your talent with better mechanics, better physicality and big match experience.

Both Harimoto and LYJ are still very young and have not had the opportunity to fine tune their game. Harimoto also has some rather simple holes in his game that obviously need to be fixed.

Their real test will not be 2020 but how they develop in the long run. To expect players that young to come out of nowhere and take olympic gold is... frankly insane. That's just not the kind of sport TT is.
I guess you're right. It's just really hard not to have high expectations of them when you see their best results.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

I agree with some of this, but these players didn't "come out of nowhere". As the last 3 games showed, these guys can still create upsets, it is just that Danny is too focused on single matches, rather than realizing that the most important thing is to be showing progress. The Olympics are a single moment. China is still the dominant power. But LYJ and TH have shown me enough for me to see that they have a chance - it is like 5% but 5% in the Olympics is better than zero.