Hello

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Hi,
I am Rizve Hasan from Toronto, Canada. I am a Canadian and a Bangladeshi as well. I love playing table tennis and like to watch it as well. I never had any formal training in table tennis. I take help from youtube videos to improve my techinque. I have a dream of joing a proper club and take a few lessons from a seasoned coach.
Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Thanks, yogi_bear for your suggestion. Yes, there are clubs in the greater Toronto area. The nearest one is 25 mins drive from my apartment. The club's year starts from March and it is $565 (CAD) per year. I think the price is a little high but other clubs are not cheap either.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
That's weird. This doesn't give you much. Just access to table. I always thought you join a club to meet people. If you have just access to table you have no guarantee that you will meet someone to train with.

That's the reason I hesitate to join. However, I know there are few players who are really good and the club has few coaches as well. I might take 4/5 lessons and try to find a few people who will be willing to play with me. I am not a beginner and I can keep most of the shots on the table too. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
That's weird. This doesn't give you much. Just access to table. I always thought you join a club to meet people. If you have just access to table you have no guarantee that you will meet someone to train with.

it depends from club to club I think. The club near me doesn't have unlimited hours, but time is divided into 2 hour long sessions, like at 5pm, 7 pm, 9 pm and people more or less have their times and because of that there are always players with whom you can play. Also there are mini tournaments between club members and you can have a coach for extra fee

This user has no status.
Yeah, like I said that's one of the few amazing things about my country: mostly all sports clubs are non-profits and buildings are usually provided by the city for nothing or a very small fee to the club. Coaches need to be paid by the club, but they're usually also members that just need to some value for their time, not people that actually need to live from this.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Wow, I guess for all I dislike about my country the fact that clubs are town sponsored is really the one thing I actually enjoy. A full year license with all you can eat coaching (not private one though, regularly schedule lessons, usually 3-4 2 hours sessions a week) is about 150€.

wow. you are so lucky

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hi,
I am Rizve Hasan from Toronto, Canada. I am a Canadian and a Bangladeshi as well. I love playing table tennis and like to watch it as well. I never had any formal training in table tennis. I take help from youtube videos to improve my techinque. I have a dream of joing a proper club and take a few lessons from a seasoned coach.
Thanks.

You could in most areas of North America be California Dreamin'... but looking at your signature, there should be plenty of TT action in Toronto.