Who produces the best youtube coaching videos

You dont include masako-chi? Shame on you!!!

Also bashiko has several good lesson videos with Chan Kazuhiro.

btw WRM Xia's takkyuu chiebukuro is a real deal. He has a complete understanding of table tennis in very high level. His videos explaining from joukyuusha perspective is very window opening from me. Mad respect for that guy!!!

Also I want to drop this channel, he teaches good stuff https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8200KAj1u2T41VWdLP2ntg

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
I would recommend TTFit. It provides excellent exercises for a variety of styles. The videos make use of top UK players to demonstrate the exercises and provides coaching tips throughout.

Reactions: Adra04778
says Hello Mr. Jordan Thanks for reaching out. My email is...
says Hello Mr. Jordan Thanks for reaching out. My email is...
Jan 2018
You dont include masako-chi? Shame on you!!!

Also bashiko has several good lesson videos with Chan Kazuhiro.

btw WRM Xia's takkyuu chiebukuro is a real deal. He has a complete understanding of table tennis in very high level. His videos explaining from joukyuusha perspective is very window opening from me. Mad respect for that guy!!!

Also I want to drop this channel, he teaches good stuff https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8200KAj1u2T41VWdLP2ntg

Can you post a link for Masako-chi videos. I cant find them. Thank you

says Sorry I`m in Bulgaria (eastern europe) .
Apr 2017
Hi from some time i wonder who is the actual person standing after Emratthich. On his chanels it is claimend that
hi is coach in France but i could not found any video of him serving, feeding multiball perfoming some strokes and so on.
Did you found video of him playing or coaching.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
The best on-line coaches that I've seen are
1. Tomorrow Table Tennis -> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmvUCGX9p6-azd2AetDRI8A
2. yangyang TT -> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC10OPVuU4Ttsu1a9lW5r4Sg

They both have impeccable technique and give detailed information. You can easily understand the mechanics of each stroke and improve yourself

Tom Lodziak also has some videos with Craig Bryant. I think that Craig Bryan is excellent for demonstrating serves and tactics

Tom Lodziak's channlel can be found here -> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqHc12tVGhzBtlMUq7MR7wA

Reactions: 729B2zzzz
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I think there is no video of him

But i'm surprised some says Emratthich is not reliable, does anyone has an example where what he says isn't correct ?

I think everyone's mileage varies on that one. Sometimes one can be correct and uninsightful, and one can also have an offputting style (Chinese secrets). Emrathich also has no clear idea what level of player his videos are being pitched at, and this kind of discussion is important when teaching technique, which he does in a way that is usually not helpful. I discuss the difference between teaching the technical development process vs just looking at technique and saying it is good.

That said, I know people who like ERT a lot. IF you want examples of crappy videos, I remember on one of his older videos where he is talking about the differences between the Chinese forehand and the European forehand, he compares a Chinese pro to an European amateur. That was really off putting.

The thing is that when you have worked with coaches who work really hard to give you insight into technique (and to be honest, there aren't that many, most coaching on the internet is really crappy), then you see the difference. You can't compare an ERT video to the quality of an MLFM tutorial or a TTD tutorial. ERT just pontificates on what he is watching while MLFM and TTD try to take you through a technical development process.

Here is an example of what a really good coaching video can be like. Are there things that can be delved into in more detail? Possibly. But having a really good backspin serve, I couldn't think of anything that I have tried that isn't mentioned in this video. Maybe I pull my elbow further back than Dan per my serving coach's instruction but I have been serving on the floor for over 7 years. When I tell my students that you can't develop good serves without serving on the floor, they think I am joking so I have to send them videos like this to reinforce the message.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nHUUOXkdxQ&feature=emb_title

A lot of coaching is often people telling people what they did to improve and trying to replicate it. But a good coach has also worked a lot with people to see whether there are workarounds or other ways of teaching things. Just commenting on the videos of others isn't serious coaching. You can't compare the effort people like Yangyang or TTD or TTEdge put into explaining technique to the basic commentary that ERT puts out. WHen you understand the difference, then you see the problem. I am enjoying some of the new subtitled Korean videos out there now, some of them are really good.

Last edited:
Apr 2017
I think there is no video of him

But i'm surprised some says Emratthich is not reliable, does anyone has an example where what he says isn't correct ?

Actually i asked because i have doubt that he is coach in real life -> no videos, no pictures of the real person, no events, only videos with chinese secrets on youtube.
From what i have seen i think that his expirience is based on watching chinese training videos and some hobby play at amateur level.

Finally i hope i`m completly wrong and EMRATICH publish a video of him and happy fans playing together.
Or better how about Dan meets EMRATICH.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Complaining about free stuff on the internet is really weird to me. I get NL's comments re: ERT, they are content-based and fair. But as far as wanting to see ERT irl so you know who he is, why should he? If you aren't satisfied ask for your money back.

You should be quite cautious about some of what EmRatThich puts in his videos.

I want to put in another vote for pingskills. Good information from people who actually know what they are talking about. The TomLodziak ones are really good too.

As you watch those, make sure you sometimes video yourself so you have a realistic point of comparison.

Whats do you need to be cautious about?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Does't ERT lift most of the video footage from other people and simply put his own commentary over it? Does he make videos these days with footage that he actually filmed?

Does he ever show footage of people he actually trained where you can have some kind of insight into what kind of progress the students he coaches achieve under his actual in person coaching?

Does he show any progression, like, someone who has problem with their FH, and the steps he helped them make to go from not a good FH, to acceptable to decent level FH? Or, BH?

Generalized details of the end goal of technique without them being specific to anyone's actual needs are fine. But that is not coaching. That is simply describing ideal details of certain techniques. And if they are presented as "THE" technique, then they may be a little problematic anyway. Because there are always lots of ways of having sound stroke mechanics regardless of what stroke you are talking about.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

ERT Quote at 2:38:

"In western countries the approach is different. Some amateurs players just look at "pro's table tennis equipment" but don't focus enough in "how to spin the ball."

[Grammatical mistakes left as in the video.] If I was going to edit this to be not so offensive the first thing I would do is remove the first sentence. With that first sentence, there is a bit of a race bias being added that is totally not necessary to the point being made:

Here is how I would say what I think ERT means: "Some amateur players buy equipment that is too fast for them and that makes it harder for them to effectively learn to spin the ball. With a moderate speed blade that is 5 ply and all wood, and middle of the road rubbers that are easy to control, it would make it easier for many mid and lower level players to learn how to spin the ball more effectively."

No need to say anything about the west. And my experience in the west has been that every decent coach I have known and worked with emphasized how important spinning the ball is and how it is worth it to try to get massive amounts of spin you your shots. So, I am not sure where ERT is talking about when he says the west. :)

And, while it might be interesting to some, and it could also be informative, I am not sure I would call this kind of COMMENTARY coaching.

Also, at 13:58 ERT says: "You also understand why Chinese technique is superior:" Which adds to what I think is problematic about him saying "in the west" especially given how it is definitely not my experience of coaches in the west that they encourage you not to develop spin, not to use your legs and hips, not to improve your acceleration. In fact I have heard everything he says in this video from any number of good coaches IN THE WEST.

But I would also say that he completely ignores how you touch the ball, how you contact the ball, the way you let the topsheet grab the ball, the way you let the ball sink into the topsheet and sponge while making tangential contact, the way you let the contact of the ball with the topsheet and sponge compress the sponge to some extent while distorting the topsheet (stretching it) so that when the topsheet rebounds it helps create exponentially more spin.

But if I was saying that stuff with cool graphics of a ball stretching and distorting the topsheet, it still would be me pontificating, not coaching.

RubberRhyzerPro50_02.jpg

If that graphic depicted a rotational force on the ball, and the ball stretching the rubber more towards one side with the pips bending, it would be close to what I am talking about. And if you are really talking about high levels of spin, it is hard to do that without talking about subtle details of how you get the rubber to stretch, distort, and then snap back to increase the amount of spin that much more.

But talking about those details still isn't coaching. The problem solving of trying to figure out how to help someone FEEL how to get some of that, that would be coaching.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

ERT Quote at 2:38:

"In western countries the approach is different. Some amateurs players just look at "pro's table tennis equipment" but don't focus enough in "how to spin the ball."

[Grammatical mistakes left as in the video.] If I was going to edit this to be not so offensive the first thing I would do is remove the first sentence. With that first sentence, there is a bit of a race bias being added that is totally not necessary to the point being made:

Here is how I would say what I think ERT means: "Some amateur players buy equipment that is too fast for them and that makes it harder for them to effectively learn to spin the ball. With a moderate speed blade that is 5 ply and all wood, and middle of the road rubbers that are easy to control, it would make it easier for many mid and lower level players to learn how to spin the ball more effectively."

No need to say anything about the west. And my experience in the west has been that every decent coach I have known and worked with emphasized how important spinning the ball is and how it is worth it to try to get massive amounts of spin you your shots. So, I am not sure where ERT is talking about when he says the west. :)

And, while it might be interesting to some, and it could also be informative, I am not sure I would call this kind of COMMENTARY coaching.

Also, at 13:58 ERT says: "You also understand why Chinese technique is superior:" Which adds to what I think is problematic about him saying "in the west" especially given how it is definitely not my experience of coaches in the west that they encourage you not to develop spin, not to use your legs and hips, not to improve your acceleration. In fact I have heard everything he says in this video from any number of good coaches IN THE WEST.

But I would also say that he completely ignores how you touch the ball, how you contact the ball, the way you let the topsheet grab the ball, the way you let the ball sink into the topsheet and sponge while making tangential contact, the way you let the contact of the ball with the topsheet and sponge compress the sponge to some extent while distorting the topsheet (stretching it) so that when the topsheet rebounds it helps create exponentially more spin.

But if I was saying that stuff with cool graphics of a ball stretching and distorting the topsheet, it still would be me pontificating, not coaching.

View attachment 20557

If that graphic depicted a rotational force on the ball, and the ball stretching the rubber more towards one side with the pips bending, it would be close to what I am talking about. And if you are really talking about high levels of spin, it is hard to do that without talking about subtle details of how you get the rubber to stretch, distort, and then snap back to increase the amount of spin that much more.

But talking about those details still isn't coaching. The problem solving of trying to figure out how to help someone FEEL how to get some of that, that would be coaching.

BTW: in that video he says you need to increase your acceleration. He never says anything about how you would increase the acceleration. He never explains anything about mechanics. It is really just lip service to the idea of acceleration.

If he wanted you to understand about how to increase the acceleration, he would be talking about the forearm snapping, the movement at the elbow joint and how to time it to happen shortly before contact, and he would be talking about whip mechanics for the wrist which would go with the snap of the forearm and the timing of snap and whip with the contact.

But he didn't really say anything about how to improve the acceleration of your racket in the stroke. He just said that is what you need to do. And while the legs, hips and core rotation should be powering the stroke, that is not really so much about the acceleration as the underlying force behind the stroke.

So, that is ERT. He didn't say anything wrong, unless you are counting the idea that nobody in the west knows this and only the Chinese are superior. :) But from the technique side, he didn't say anything wrong. He just didn't give any actual methods to achieve what he said was needed. :) So, pontificating, not coaching.

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
Does't ERT lift most of the video footage from other people and simply put his own commentary over it? Does he make videos these days with footage that he actually filmed?

Does he ever show footage of people he actually trained where you can have some kind of insight into what kind of progress the students he coaches achieve under his actual in person coaching?

Does he show any progression, like, someone who has problem with their FH, and the steps he helped them make to go from not a good FH, to acceptable to decent level FH? Or, BH?

Generalized details of the end goal of technique without them being specific to anyone's actual needs are fine. But that is not coaching. That is simply describing ideal details of certain techniques. And if they are presented as "THE" technique, then they may be a little problematic anyway. Because there are always lots of ways of having sound stroke mechanics regardless of what stroke you are talking about.

Well, yes he does, I don't think he has any footage of his own, or he is not comfortable revealing his face.

No he doesn't have any before and after of students he trained. He doesn't have any videos of him advertising his coaching.

No, he hasn't, but he doesn't need to. Why would you need to see the progession? He only shows good forehand, and bad forehand. I don't think it fits the context of most of his videos. His viewer want to learn, not see someone else learn, and become good

He talks about the end goal, so the viewer can copy the good techniques. It is not generalized at all. He is very specfic about what it is, and how to acheive it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
It's seems the reproach against ERT is more about how he does his video and he explains things than about the technical explanations he gives ?

Personally i like these high level principle (meaning 'general principle') that give more than a sum of details to add up. But indeed sometimes he doesn't explain how you should concretely do it. That said, i find he give a lot of useful concrete details

About the workload, i think it may take more times to add up a lot of different footage than taking a 10mn one shot video and post it right away. I mean it don't look like an easy solution

But i agree his words against westerns coachs are even a bit weird, just why so much ? Also indeed it's possible that he is an 'internet expert'. I mean the guy that sound like an expert because he have read all the theory that you can find on internet but haven't applied it. Personally i've been really helped by his advice so it tend to trust what he's saying