Yinhe Jupiter 2 opinion.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I purposely didn't call this review, because I haven't played too much with rubbers you would compare this to and I lack experience. I have been playing with this rubber for 2 months mostly for forehand. I want just to share this opinion, maybe it will prove helpful to someone who has a similar experience level as I have now.

IMG_20191002_174323.jpgIMG_20191002_173738.jpgIMG_20191002_173745.jpg

Rubber is relatively heavy. It was about 68g when it was uncut. My bat is definitely heavier on the Jupiter 2 side. The rubber was tested on Donic Appelgren Allplay Senso. When I took rubber from the packaging, the sponge was covered by a white substance. I glued Jupiter 2 with glue only on the blade (as instructed by Big Dipper leaflet which has the same factory tuning).

When talking about its physical properties, I feel obliged to mention that this rubber stinks as hell (quite literally) and is a pain in the neck to keep clean. It is best to clean at least every practice. I usually give it a good clean with water sprayer (I spray on the angle to not wet the wood) when I finish and sometimes breathe and wipe throughout the practice. If this rubber gets dirty (and seems to do so by mere existence rotfl) it will not stick to the ball as well as it should. The rubber is extremely tacky. When clean it can hold the ball for a few seconds.

When it comes to serving this rubber really shines. It's really easy to do most of the backspin serves. I wouldn't say it's too bouncy and thanks to that, it is easier to scratch the ball. (it looks like the rubber would absorb some impact and give more time to brush) For probably the same reason short pushes are easy enough, at least for me.

Jupiter 2 really excels in looping though. Arc is tight, usually, it is just above the net. It also makes a very distinctive click when it enters highest gear, whereas it remains mostly silent on drives and slow loops. Most people I played with lately had some issues with receiving loops from this rubber. But, there is a catch... Someone told me that CHRs are like the mirror from old Chinese legend, basically, it highlights your merits and your flaws. The same principle applies when playing with Jupiter 2, If your technique is faulty the ball will hit the net, there is very little room for error. Working on my footwork made a world of difference when playing with this rubber. When I played with Super FX I could get away with reaching for the ball. With this tool, it is a big no-no. You have to be in position and play the stroke fully to make the ball hit the other side of the table. For flat hitting floating ball, it's not that bad, but this rubber seems to be very sensitive to spin (at least more than my big dipper), so when you don't brush ball enough, the ball will fly away or net. The same property makes it annoying for any passive play, blocking is a bit of a nuisance. I had to adjust slightly and make my strokes more positive. (more of a punch-block than stop-block)

I can't say too much how rubber performs in smashing, because that is a technique that I just started to learn and only rubbers I smashed with are Jupiter 2 and Big Dipper. But from my limited experience, I would say that it's fine. I don't find it particularly better or worse than Big Dipper, but smashes are more powerful.

Playing from behind the table (1-3m) gave me a bit of a problem. That's where I find the rubber especially challenging to play with, but if you are fit enough to wield it, then it is a weapon to be reckoned with.

As I mentioned before I twiddle this rubber on the backhand side when doing backhand serve. Since it takes times to recover, few times I was too slow and ended up using Jupiter 2 on the backhand side. I can't really recommend it though. I don't really like it for touch play, but backhand loops are very very spiny. I haven't figured out how to pass more power through backhand strokes with Jupiter 2, so those loops weren't too powerful. I guess I will probably stay with more bouncy rubbers for backhand.

TL;DR
I would say that this is your typical forehand looping hard Chinese rubber and it has all its benefits and flaws.
If you are a player that wants to try using CHR, then give it a try. It has all properties I would expect from first Chinese hard rubber and it is super affordable (~10-12$ on Alliexpress, sometimes even cheaper, it's basically skipping 2-3 kebabs). If you haven't ever played with rubbers alike make sure not to switch in the middle of the competitive season or something, it may take you some time to adjust.

That's my take on it, hope it helps someone at some point.

EDIT: I boosted this, whole other beast. Much easier to play. Also I think it's worth to mention that it feels better on Off- blade than All

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I agree that Jupiter II can be a workable option for a wide range of players at a very low price per sheet. With such a rubber on one wing, one could easily afford a more expensive rubber for the other wing if desired.

I came across a few sheets from Korea and glued them onto a few members bats. One of them is a guy I give lessons to. He needed a decent controllable rubber with some potential for offense.

I gave him a bat, a W6 with that rubber and a used sheet of Bluefire M3, so he wouldn't have to come on the forum and post ten walls of text agonizing over each rubber and blade from a reduced list of 5 dozen requesting a 10MB pdf file for an analysis of each...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I like the detailed review and the fact that you're giving attention to a less-expensive rubber! Also, your English is better than many native speakers :cool:

It seems that a lot of the newer generation Chinese rubbers are beginning to overtake the old standby choices (729/DHS/etc) in quality control and performance, which is good for those of us that don't want to spend hundreds on TT.

Reactions: Kuba Hajto
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
thekleifheit13, thanks for your kind words.

The price does not mean that much to me. I don't really care wether rubber costs 15$ or 30$ if it works it works. Gear is smallest tt expense, at least for me. It costs pay more for club entry than I spend on all my gear XD

Last edited:
This user has no status.
thekleifheit13, thanks for your kind words.

The price does not mean that much to me. I don't really care wether rubber costs 15$ or 30$ if it works it works. Gear is smallest tt expense, at least for me. It costs pay more for club entry than I spend on all my gear XD

That's a fair point about gear! Haha my club just charges $5 to get in and I only play 1-2 times a week so it isn't too bad. I'm just cheap with equipment regardless of the activity. It's a habit I started with skiing and guitar, where top notch equipment costs thousands. I learned to buy cheap stuff and modify it to be at the same level as or better than the expensive stuff.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
nice review! how hard does the Jupiter 2 feel compared to Super 729FX?
When Jupiter 2 (mine was only 38 Shanghai (DHS) degrees of hardness) was new it was brick hard compared to Super FX.

I have no access to shore durometer so I can't speak numbers. But if I press my thumb on Super FX it bottoms out easily and I can't say the same for Yinhe rubber in question. When pressed on Jupiter 2, it resists the pressure much better then Super FX which declared to be 43-44 Tianjin degrees which would correspond to roughly 35 Shanghai degrees.

I haven't played with Super FX for a while though. I've got them on the office bats. I used to play with them on Donic Waldner AR+. I don't know what was wrong with that setup, but I didn't like it very much. For my personal taste, that setup lacked speed. It was a bit sluggish. I will test it once again today and get back to you a more detailed comparison.

EDIT: Super FX is much softer. In terms of comparison Jupiter would be a wolf whereas Super FX would be a cosset.

thekleifheit13, yeah that is true. Guitar market is tuff, but in that particular topic, good gear gives you only "consistency roof" and makes practice a tiny bit more pleasant (guitar that holds the tune and has a good finish is a must). I've been there and done that. I purchase a variety of table tennis equipment, because I would like to "taste bread from a lot of different ovens". In the end, variety is said to be spice of life. I don't see yet pros of buying super expensive tt gear though. I had few goes with expensive blades and rubbers, yet I actually prefer the cheaper ones.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
When Jupiter 2 (mine was only 38 Shanghai (DHS) degrees of hardness) was new

thekleifheit13, yeah that is true. Guitar market is tuff, but in that particular topic, good gear gives you only "consistency roof" and makes practice a tiny bit more pleasant (guitar that holds the tune and has a good finish is a must). I've been there and done that. I purchase a variety of table tennis equipment, because I would like to "taste bread from a lot of different ovens". In the end, variety is said to be spice of life. I don't see yet pros of buying super expensive tt gear though. I had few goes with expensive blades and rubbers, yet I actually prefer the cheaper ones.

I have the added bonus of being left-handed too, so only about 10% of guitars are even made for me. Aaaaand the ones that are made left-handed typically are marked up 25% too...thankful there's no such thing as left-handed blades, rubbers, or skis :mad: