LF: Looking for DHS W968

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Hi: Does anybody have a W968 for sale? Weight about 89.5-90 grams? Condition should be good.

Pm with price, thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Maybe I should specify that I'm mostly looking for alphabet W968 and not the national Versions.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Whats your point? I have a W968(or Provincial HL5) already and looking for a reserve blade with same specs to try out different rubbers...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Point is you are looking for 89.5-90g lol. You might as well ask for anything over 90 and sand the edges. Either case, wood is not perfect, you won't find something "exactly the same", I know from experience. Even if you sand it, it won't be 100%.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
I don't get the problem.. I got a blade that says 89.5 on the specs paper. I want a similar one plus minus some grams. I prefer to buy another blade at about that weight rather than sanding down the blade. Why is it a problem? :rolleyes: Do I really have to specify all my motives when looking for something as simple as a blade with a specific weight. There are plenty of them out there and already found one I will buy...

I'm paying $200-250 for used blade. You want me to pay more money? I'm not good enough to differentiate between a National and provincial blade.

I might not be good enough at table tennis to play with the blade in the first hand, but just happen to like my blade and would like another one. Sorry

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Btw I bought stuff from Giangt as he is a fellow dane. Giang, if there are any problems with my thread or posts, then just lock it down or edit it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Some dudes are looking for a top shelf girlfriend, but do not have the money for one...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I think DE just wanted to make sure that you were aware of the price tag of those DHS non-commercial blades.
So you own one already makes you fully aware.

Point is you are looking for 89.5-90g lol. You might as well ask for anything over 90 and sand the edges. Either case, wood is not perfect, you won't find something "exactly the same", I know from experience. Even if you sand it, it won't be 100%.

To find a secondhand blade which has the weight range you have specified might would be hard. He's just pointing out that it would be difficult to find an exact same blade rather than finding a similar one.

Btw I bought stuff from Giangt as he is a fellow dane. Giang, if there are any problems with my thread or posts, then just lock it down or edit it.

The probability to find something pretty similar to your blade would be finding one from the same batch. 1 or 1,5g difference I guess you would not tell the difference. There is nothing wrong with your thread. Ppl are just bit sceptical that u will find that u are looking for. Good luck with that :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
I think DE just wanted to make sure that you were aware of the price tag of those DHS non-commercial blades.
So you own one already makes you fully aware.
Hi Giang, I know you are trying to be diplomatic, but I did not find DE's post helpful or funny, but rather condescending...
Then having a moderator liking the post is quite odd...:rolleyes:
Especially when I posted that I was not looking for the National version..Is $500-600 for a blade expensive, sure! Is $500 a lot of money, no...

Regarding the weight of the W968, within 2 days I had 3 offers for W968 about that weight. So having lasta lol'ing because I was for searching for a blade with specific weight is also quite weird...

In fact, my first W968 I bought from G.ZHANG from these forums and he told me that the standard weight of W968 was 89-90 grams and it was more difficult to find ones deviating from that weight as the quality control of DHS for these blades were very good. That's just what he said, he's surely more knowledgable about it than me, so I choose to believe him.
That does not mean that you can not find them lighter or heavier, but it is by no means difficult to find one about that weight. I did not ask for an identical blade, just about the same weight..

Anyway, thanks for trying to clear up! I found my blade already so everything is fine now.:)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews

I see no problems with your thread and if Giang says you are good people, then Der_Echte and TTD had better accept it as truth.

I made my smart-aleck post as the kind of 968 blade would be one super expensive thing, I wouldn't be paying half or more a thousand (T)Euros for a blade, I couldn't afford that, or even a medium girlfriend. Maybe the joke is on me.

You desiring another similar same blade does not show a low level tendency, usually better players are doing that.

Reactions: diavolo