Wang Chuqin suspended.

This user has no status.
I have not seen the racket throw but while it sounds harsh to suspend two people for such a small thing I like the following paragraph from the Chinese statement:

[FONT=&quot]in the face of the extreme signs of young players’ thinking and behaviour, we must take care of the rules and value the education and growth of young players above all else. Only proper management can help young athletes correct their attitudes in the growth period and become more outstanding people.

[/FONT]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
You serious?!?!?! He got suspended for 3 month for that!?!?!? Including his coach?! Dammm , not to be that guy but i come from a sport of basketball and football and this just make the sport of table tennis look even more pansy to the rest of world than it already did.

When i first saw that he got banned for 3 month i thought must have threw his paddle like a tomahawk lol, and the article said he coulda hurt his teammate .... yea with what... a splinter?

I do think he should get a small punishment or fine for what he did but to ban a guy for 3 month for that... seem to much

Last edited:
Reactions: lasta
Yeah, not good behaviour, but in fact he didn't throw his racket and in fact he touched the hand of ZZ though not shaking it.

Touching hands is pretty much par for the course with how the CNT members shake hands with each other. Shaking hands isn't really something done traditionally in china, it's done more as a westernism.
CNT members won't put alot of effort into shaking hands with each other at the end of a match since they both know there isn't any deep meaning to the hand shake for either of them. They might put a bit more effort into it with other people outside the CNT, since they can't know how much it might mean to their opponent. Those two looked like they didn't really have beef at the end. I think WCQ was just frustrated at his own level of play.

That said the bat throw is pretty disgraceful, and I think 3 months is pretty appropriate. If you are going to have a temper tantrum, at least make sure you contain the tantrum so it doesn't get close to your opponent.
You do what you need to do to blow off steam, just keep the effects away from anyone else. That's like basic etiquette for... life... you should have mastered that by now.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
He did throw his racket towards the opponent after losing one of the games. (The attached image is an animated GIF. Not sure how to make it play.)

6587622bly1g8yfhfbj7kg20ar05hkjm.gif

Attachments

• 024F39D5-5881-48CD-92CA-34AE9FE33EA7.jpg
    024F39D5-5881-48CD-92CA-34AE9FE33EA7.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 559
Last edited:
He did throw his racket towards the opponent after losing one of the games. (The attached image is an animated GIF. Not sure how to make it play.)

cache.php

Oh, thats really very disgracefull.
If I were ZZ I would not pick up the WCQ bat from the floor.
Did the umpire punish WCQ?
Frankly speaking I've never expected such a behaviour from WCQ.
He has to see with a psychologist.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
WCQ was Ma Long's room mate during 2019 WTTC in Budapest. He said he learned so much about table tennis, how to prepare his approach to matches, etc. from spending that time with ML. He needs to spend a bit more time with ML. And frankly he has been on an upward trajectory since.

What seems like too harsh of a disciplinary action taken by CNT by some has a purpose. They recognize WCQ as a top 3 CNT player in the not too distant future. This is their way to get him to understand control, self discipline and not to embarrass the CNT on an international stage.

says regularly shitposting
says regularly shitposting
Jul 2019

cache.php

He was just trying to deliver the racket on his side of the table for the next set, but underestimated the aerodynamics and bounciness :D

His punishment I understand, the logic of punishing his coach tho is still lost on me.

Reactions: fais